• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

what type of trades for II demand 150?

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
I have a summer, east coast beach week rated "premier" by II and the demand index for my week says 150. I only have RCI right now. What type of trades could I get for a 2 BR, premier beach TS with index of 150? Are there varying levels of "premier?" Would I be able to pull just about anything except maybe WSJ, Atlantis, etc.?

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
You should be able to pull anything, including Atlantis and WSJ.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
when looking at a resort in II - look to the right under resort info - there is a link for Demand Index for that resort.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +

freewheelin01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks - I have seen the Demand Index grid before - just didn't realize there were numbers at the bottom of the grid! Duh! I must be getting old...:(

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not a II owner also, so no experience.

Gmarine, are you saying a summer Atlantic Beach resort week can pull the most desirable places at the most desirable times.

Or, you can pull anything with that week at times.

JulieAB

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lifetime in Hawaii, Disney's Grand Californian
But I don't think these indexes are individual to each resort, I think it's the AREA. I was checking out Scottsdale, AZ and it says "8 - Arizona, Desert" at the top. And the boxes checked were the same for Four Seasons Troon North, Marriot Desert Ridge, Scottsdale Villa Mirage, and Scottsdale Links!! Somehow, I doubt the Links is in the same demand as Troon North!! :hysterical:

Transit

TUG Member
Reaction score
But I don't think these indexes are individual to each resort, I think it's the AREA. I was checking out Scottsdale, AZ and it says "8 - Arizona, Desert" at the top. And the boxes checked were the same for Four Seasons Troon North, Marriot Desert Ridge, Scottsdale Villa Mirage, and Scottsdale Links!! Somehow, I doubt the Links is in the same demand as Troon North!! :hysterical:

Your right .They lump all the resorts for each area into the same index.A top notch resort will be in the same index as a converted motel hell.

gmarine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not a II owner also, so no experience.

Gmarine, are you saying a summer Atlantic Beach resort week can pull the most desirable places at the most desirable times.

Or, you can pull anything with that week at times.

If its a top quality resort in peak season then it should be able to pull the best resorts. But is has to be a top quality resort, not a mediocre resort in a high demand area.

Last edited:

gmarine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your right .They lump all the resorts for each area into the same index.A top notch resort will be in the same index as a converted motel hell.

Demand is only part of the trade power equation. The quality of the resort plays a very large part in determining trade power.

e.bram

Reaction score
gmarine:
I waolud say demand is the majority factor in trading power. Orlando has a lot of beautiful resorts but not much trading power. Cape Cd and Newport(RI) doesn't have even one top tier resort, but hard to trade into.Look at II Flexchange, lots of top tier resorts always available in some areas which are not gobbled up for trades.