• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What to do with my Interval trade?

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x3)
Marriott DC Points
Westin WKORV OFD
I am booked for Aruba in June. It sounded like such a good idea when I got the trade, but now, not so much. I think there will be a better time to travel later in the year when everything settles down. What is the best way to keep my week but push it out maybe 6 months? Do I just to continue doing a retrade every couple months? With a Marriott corporate account, is it unlimited the number of times you can are the retrade? Do I have until the expiration date of my original week?

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am booked for Aruba in June. It sounded like such a good idea when I got the trade, but now, not so much. I think there will be a better time to travel later in the year when everything settles down. What is the best way to keep my week but push it out maybe 6 months? Do I just to continue doing a retrade every couple months? With a Marriott corporate account, is it unlimited the number of times you can are the retrade? Do I have until the expiration date of my original week?

I would urge you to call Interval International directly and ask if they are willing to allow you some flexibility in your trade due to world circumstances.....

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score

Are you saying you have an enrolled Marriott week and you are doing a free Marriott to Marriott exchange?

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x3)
Marriott DC Points
Westin WKORV OFD
Are you saying you have an enrolled Marriott week and you are doing a free Marriott to Marriott exchange?
Yes, enrolled week, Marriott to Marriott. Not sure if I should wait until the day before 60 days out and just retrade to anywhere to buy me some time, and maybe do it a second time if more time is needed.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is my understanding that you can cancel the week.
You paid no exchange fee so you lose nothing and if you exchange back into a Marriott that’s free too.
I have not yet had to do this so I’m not sure whether the original week goes back into your account or if you get a replacement week with the same trading power and so I’m not sure about the expiration date.
Hopefully someone who has will comment.
I think your method would work too- but if you cancel you can place a request.
Be sure to stay out of flexchange whatever you do.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just click start retrade to any Marriott available later in the year to hold it, then, later, retrade again to where you want. Assuming you used the corporate account to trade it, you get free unlimited retrades

Bill4728

Reaction score
I'd go to Aruba in June.

IMHO, By June everything will be sorted out OR so bad that it will not matter what you have planned.

abdibile

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did anyone find out if jsut canceling a free Marriott to Marriott excahnge in a corporate account on short notice (below 14 days) works?
What can you do with the replacement week?
Or is retrading for somethign 30 days out again and again better?

Lydlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got one of those replacement weeks and am not too thrilled with it. Not real happy about the retrading for something 30 days out again and again either. And that was a Marriott to Marriott exchange. I have another Marriott to Marriott exchange which I have to cancel. So I have to figure out my best option with that one.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The only problem with that is that the week I have to cancel is less than 30 days away. Trying to figure out my best option now.
Sorry, I was not replying to your post. I was reply to OP's post.
One could try to retrade to another option but cancelling and then rebooking should fall under the II policy copied below. Remember your agreement for the exchange is with II and no longer with MVC.
• For all exchanges with check-in dates through April 30, 2020, members may change their destination and/or travel date without incurring an additional exchange fee. Travel must be completed by December 24, 2020. If you prefer more time to travel, we can provide you with our standard fee-based replacement-week certificate, which is good for one year.

• For all exchanges with a check-in date after April 30, 2020, our standard exchange cancellation policies apply. We commit that we will continue to monitor the situation and make adjustments as necessary.

• Members who make exchanges between March 14, 2020, and April 30, 2020, will have the option to retrade to another available destination and/or date if your plans change — without incurring an additional exchange fee.

Lydlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind paying for a replacement week certificate but I would have a problem with only seeing out 30 days.

abdibile

TUG Member
Reaction score
I finally called in (Interval Germany) to rebook my two April Marriott Spain II reservations.

I had paid the upgrade fee to get bigger units and after some back and forth with the supervisor they told me I can get the same room size as I already paid the upgrade fees.

I rebooked for November Marriott Son Antem, Mallorca.

It is a corporate Marriott II account of my enrolled resale weeks.

I thought I would get two normal "exchange fee free" Marriott reservations that I could rebook anytime I want.

But in my account it shows as the original reservations cancelled and the two new reservations as "Accommodation Certificate reservation" with no "start retrade" button available.

Was this the same for everyone else?

Or did they mix something up?

enma

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have the same dilemma as the OP. I have reservations in June, total of 5 trades / units. First one starting June 8th. I don't know what to do. If flights fly to Aruba we will go. But if bad and the border is closed then I am stuck with 5 units not able to trade further than 59 (?) days. 3 weeks are Marriott corporate account so it is easier at least to keep retrading. 2 weeks are resale weeks and I did not buy e-plus unlike the usual me as I thought months ago that Aruba was happening for sure so now I need to pay a new exchange fee,too. Also paid unit upsize fees. Ugh.
Does the travel insurance thru Marriott cover pandemic? I do have that.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
It does not cover pandemic, unless, you or someone in party get sick from it with doctors notice. If it were me, I would cancel but that really is a personal choice. My logic would be exactly what you said. The downside to not cancelling is you can't use it. The downside to cancelling is you use it another time. Which is worse?

Here is the policy details: https://www.travelexinsurance.com/covid19