• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What made you fall in love?

glypnirsgirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
For me, the first thing that made me realize that ian was a real possibility was on our first date in November, my son called for directions ... he had gotten lost in Dallas, It took me about 20 minutes to talk Jordan through to where he was going. Ian was so kind and understanding about it.

Christmas was a few weeks later and Ian suggested that he get Jordan a navigation system. At the time, they were still quite expensive. He helped me choose (which means he chose) and then surprised me by paying for it. Then Ian took the time to teach him to use it.

A few months later, Jordan wanted to make a 3 hour drive to East Texas to see his cousins. I didn't want him driving that far by his self. At the time, Ian had a Sportsmobile (a van based RV) and he suggested that we take the RV and camp while Jordan visited with his cousins. The van was easy to spot and Jordan had no trouble following us.

The whole time I was married to my first husband, I had always wanted to go to Caddo Lake. It's only a 20 minutes drive from my ex's parents' house and he would never go. When I mentioned this to Ian, he was fine with camping there.

It was lovely. And so calm and quiet. The air was so clean. I usually have terrible insomnia, but there, I slept soundly. When I woke up, it was noon. Ian was sitting beside me just waiting for me to wake up. I was really touched. That is when I knew that I loved him.

elaine

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
He truly sounds like a sweet guy.

Ridewithme38

TUG Member
Reaction score
The first time i saw her i knew...Even though she was very upset because of a traumatic experience she just had...i looked into her eyes and knew there was no one i could ever feel love for like i did that second...it took years before we spoke for the first time...but there was so much curiosity and a deep wisdom in her eyes that i was struck dumbfounded and just in shock at how great of a moment that was...over the years, we've grown together, i have learned so much from her and i hope it was mutual

Of course i'm talking about my 6yr old daughter....But the love between a father and his daughter is the deepest love of all

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Aw, that's a sweet story!

H

For me, the first thing that made me realize that ian was a real possibility was on our first date in November, my son called for directions ... he had gotten lost in Dallas, It took me about 20 minutes to talk Jordan through to where he was going. Ian was so kind and understanding about it.

Christmas was a few weeks later and Ian suggested that he get Jordan a navigation system. At the time, they were still quite expensive. He helped me choose (which means he chose) and then surprised me by paying for it. Then Ian took the time to teach him to use it.

A few months later, Jordan wanted to make a 3 hour drive to East Texas to see his cousins. I didn't want him driving that far by his self. At the time, Ian had a Sportsmobile (a van based RV) and he suggested that we take the RV and camp while Jordan visited with his cousins. The van was easy to spot and Jordan had no trouble following us.

The whole time I was married to my first husband, I had always wanted to go to Caddo Lake. It's only a 20 minutes drive from my ex's parents' house and he would never go. When I mentioned this to Ian, he was fine with camping there.

It was lovely. And so calm and quiet. The air was so clean. I usually have terrible insomnia, but there, I slept soundly. When I woke up, it was noon. Ian was sitting beside me just waiting for me to wake up. I was really touched. That is when I knew that I loved him.

elaine

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
At first, it was her big brown eyes and the way she would just live for my every word. She'd follow me around and just couldn't stand to not be around me. She just couldn't do enough to please me. If I talked to another girl, she would sulk and push herself between me and my new acquaintance. Eventually our relationship settled into that comfortable easiness you experience with a loved one who finishes your sentences and anticipates just what it is that will make everything all right.

I just knew that she was the one for me and that our love would last a lifetime. We were inseparable. Other people just assumed that we were a pair.

I loved her cold wet nose even though she would never retrieve a stick or bring me my slippers.

I miss her.

Jim

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ride and Jim,
Somehow I knew the punch lines when I started reading. Such sweet stories!
PJ

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Of course i'm talking about my 6yr old daughter....But the love between a father and his daughter is the deepest love of all

Absolutely! Rick would agree 100%. And wait until you have a granddaughter. The feeling is just the same for grandpa to granddaughter. How sweet! You brought tears to my eyes.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife is far more beautiful inside than she is on the outside, and that is really saying something because my wife is very beautiful if I do say so myself.

She came from a very successful family but never acted like she was priviledged. I grew up on the other side of the tracks and never thought I was in her league. She is so selfless. Her moral compass is unwavering.

We started going out in HS and I knew from day 1 with out a doubt she was the one. We've been together since HS and she is still and will always be the center of my universe.

Last edited:

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
I felt like I had found home. It was a quiet, peaceful feeling. And it confused me at first. I was expecting love to feel like exploding fireworks but it didn't. Love felt quiet. Love felt calm. Love was coming home.

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
I was dating his best friend, and from the moment I met him I thought "wow, this is my kind of guy". After the relationship with the friend fizzled, we decided to give dating a try. We got engaged after only 8 weeks, and married 5 months later. I was 20. He was 23. That was 32 years ago. I was truly blessed.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Nothing made me fall in love. It was a clear choice.

I went into the relationship with my eyes open, and she gave me an eyeful.

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I felt like I had found home. It was a quiet, peaceful feeling. And it confused me at first. I was expecting love to feel like exploding fireworks but it didn't. Love felt quiet. Love felt calm. Love was coming home.

I couldn't have put it any better.

I was 17 and Greg was 21 when we got married. Everybody thought we might make it two years. We celebrate our 35th anniversary this summer. Even when I can't stand him I can't imagine being with anybody else - LOL.