• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What is Wyndham's excuse for taking up to 6 months to transfer contracts?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
My closing company sent the deed and transfer paperwork to Wyndham on Feb 23rd. I've been calling every couple of weeks, and consistently being told it takes 8-10 weeks. When I called last week, I was told 10-12 weeks. Today is 10 weeks, so we'll see what they say today...

Let us know how your squeaky wheel strategy works out. I have a deed that was submitted to Wyndham on March 16 and I’m considering starting to do as you’ve done in hopes of moving things along. Definitely want to avoid the 7-10 month timeframe I’ve heard rumors about.
I volunteer as tribute...I mean as a control subject - I have a deed that was sent to Wyndham on March 3, and I will not call them and we can see how everything shakes out. ;) It's an even-year deed, so I'm not in any hurry.

morexplore

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Oceancliff, Coral Reef Beach Resort, Port Largo Villas, Pollard Brook, Club Wyndham points
I’ve heard it’s the CWA contracts that are taking the longest, though still too long for the deeded properties.

altiste1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Willow Ridge
Marriott Phuket Beach Club
Wyndham Bali Hai
FWIW (which, considering Wyndham, is likely not much), I spoke with the title department on my first touch. Their records show they received the deed on the date I expected. The rep then quoted me a 10-12 week timeline for completion of the transfer, then gave an actual date in June by which the transfer should be completed. Of course the date was 13 weeks after the deed was received, so...

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I’ve heard it’s the CWA contracts that are taking the longest, though still too long for the deeded properties.
Someone reported in another thread that these should take less time as there is no deed. They also mentioned something about a 90 limit or everything has to be submitted again.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Someone reported in another thread that these should take less time as there is no deed. They also mentioned something about a 90 limit or everything has to be submitted again.

It's 45 days.

hapstersmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
as in done intentionally? any particular reason?
Yes, because the longer they can put it off they have less time to honor the reservations. But they will still charge you maintenance fees for that year. This is my experience and what my step daughter told me who worked in the TS office at Waikiki, where we also own. Other people may have different experiences. Honestly, were it not for the short rentals on short notice we can do with their many island properties, we likely would have sold or given away by now. Not a fan of Wyndham resorts or their management, but it does have some convenience for us since we use it for inter island or mainland trades, one week or less, usually, and with external trades we usually do well enough on the RCI points to score one week a year for our every other year property. But we did lose out on use the first year, as it took so long for them to transfer, then nothing was open when we could go (prior to less than 7 days being an option) and the system was wigging out and we could not get through on phone to deposit. So our first year was an expense with no benefit.

hapstersmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
They made our deed go through like 4 times before they claimed they received it.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is not just Club Wyndham CWA.

WorldMark is 100% non-deeded memberships in Wyndham. The ownership just needs to be changed on the records of the Club. All of my purchases took at least 5 months (20 weeks) from time of purchase to notification of ownership transfer. The transfer paperwork is not sent out until about 3 months after requested, then another 6-8 weeks before the transfer is completed. The time limit to complete the paperwork is 30 days, and applies to both the seller and buyer.

BarryS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Let us know how your squeaky wheel strategy works out. I have a deed that was submitted to Wyndham on March 16 and I’m considering starting to do as you’ve done in hopes of moving things along. Definitely want to avoid the 7-10 month timeframe I’ve heard rumors about.
The agent I spoke with yesterday said it was in process (they say that every time) and they were reviewing the documents (first time I've heard that), but she did not give me an ETA. I'll call back next week and see what they say.

Reaction score
We sent a transfer request to wyndham the first week of Feb, 2023. They said 8 - 10 weeks. At 12 weeks, they rejected it. They claim that the contract was put in the new owners name in Aug of 2022. A call to title and a bit of sleuthing with the rep and I searching old records. We identified that the title agent was confusing a contract that we transferred last year was being confused with this new request. The contract transferred in Aug 2022 was 224 every other year. The one we are asking to transfer now is 325 every year. Same resort, but not even close. My daughters name was the single owner on each, but the new owner is different. I agree with Cindy's comment of inept agents.
We have handed off several resale contracts in the last 2 years.
And, yes to Jan's comments. Each time a resale is transferred out of our account, we have had to call and reinstate the PIC contract.
And, yes, the names of the new person on deeds that are then transferred out of our account and into their account are showing on our account in very odd places. Paymentus confirmations. And, most confusing, at the resorts during check in with the "wristband" desk.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
We sent a transfer request to wyndham the first week of Feb, 2023. They said 8 - 10 weeks. At 12 weeks, they rejected it. They claim that the contract was put in the new owners name in Aug of 2022. A call to title and a bit of sleuthing with the rep and I searching old records. We identified that the title agent was confusing a contract that we transferred last year was being confused with this new request. The contract transferred in Aug 2022 was 224 every other year. The one we are asking to transfer now is 325 every year. Same resort, but not even close. My daughters name was the single owner on each, but the new owner is different. I agree with Cindy's comment of inept agents.
We have handed off several resale contracts in the last 2 years.
And, yes to Jan's comments. Each time a resale is transferred out of our account, we have had to call and reinstate the PIC contract.
And, yes, the names of the new person on deeds that are then transferred out of our account and into their account are showing on our account in very odd places. Paymentus confirmations. And, most confusing, at the resorts during check in with the "wristband" desk.
My username should be lost patience. Between Vistana, Wyndham, Shell and II, I am pretty much at the end of my patience.

There is someone in Title at Wyndham named Laurie or Lori. She was very difficult to talk to, and it was not a language barrier.

"I need an estoppel for contract XXXXX."
"We sent that one already."
"No, this is another one, same resort."
Back and forth, same answer.

I told her it's got a completely different number. She apparently would not write down the number and was trying to remember it. Then she would look at the contract list and see the ones they already sent.

So frustrating. Finally, she said she found it and would send it. It's been four days and I asked for an email. We will see.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
What is Wyndham excuse?

Because they can. And you can not do anything about it. Management does not care if you complain.

Reaction score
oh - and we have more...
During transfer of a contract in Feb of 2022, they "undid" the use year move to put the contract from a Jan 1 use year to a July 1 use year. Several points credits and deductions to put it back to July 1, then transferred the contract out. From that day until Jan 1, 2023, our points summary was 100% blank. We received monthly emails stating how hard at work they were. At the Jan 1 "refresh" total points as well as number of developer and resale guest certificates appeared. Our points are listed as one total and are not split developer/retail. In Feb, we received an email stating that they were excited to announce that the issue was resolved. I give up. When I want to know how many developer/resale points I have, I query the system for stays at Canterbury finding a high point 1M+ reservation. I can then see how many points are remaining in this use year. I find this easier than arguing with Owner Resolutions.

dcdowden

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are going through certified exit now. We started the process in mid January. It took three months to get the deeds and paperwork for us to sign, notarize and return. We'll see how long it takes to complete the exit. Our 'Limited Edition' use year will start 10/1 so that's one indicator. In the meantime, we are still paying maintenance fees. Obviously, they will prioritize new developer sales in order to start collecting the maintenance fees faster. Certified Exit staff has been helpful when I've called for what it's worth.
Very happy to report that we received official confirmation that our Certified Exit is Complete and that our previous deeded ownership has been cancelled. So that was a little less than 4 months from start to finish of the process. I was surprised that they moved so fast after returning the paperwork. The timing to get the paperwork was within the window they told me to expect when I started the process. Wyndham recommended that we either use all of our points this year or use them to pay maintenance fees before starting the process. We converted those points to pay maintenance fees for most of the time that it took to get through the exit process. Even our MyClubWyndham login looks like it has been updated as expected with a Limited Edition Contract replacing our previous ownership. I can even make reservations for our new use year after 10/1/2023. Unfortunately, our former home resort was Royal Vista and it is nearly impossible to reserve there in the winter without ARP, so not sure how much we will be using Wyndham. I would definitely recommend Certified Exit (and Limited Edition if qualified) when you are done with your Wyndham ownership.

BarryS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Week 11 Update: Yesterday they said that the deed had been reviewed and approved, and that the transfer had been sent to "backend" for my account creation. That sounds like good news. Maybe when I call next week, they'll have my account created? Fingers crossed!

DRIless

Reaction score

What is Wyndham's excuse for taking up to 6 months to transfer contracts?​

It's all a ploy to make reselling harder for the disgruntled owner who maybe doesn't even know how to use the product or owners that have aged out of their use for timeshares.

troy12n

Reaction score
Well as much as we like to complain about Wyndham taking a long time to do these transfers, be grateful they even allow it. Other timeshare systems either disallow transfers/sales or put severe restrictions on them.

Bluegreen for instance, has a right of first refusal and actively enforce it. They also force you to use a third party (Pinnacle) for the resales they do allow... so they get their cut.

CWA technically has a right of first refusal, but you never hear of it being enforced... and deeded properties do not have this.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
Well as much as we like to complain about Wyndham taking a long time to do these transfers, be grateful they even allow it. Other timeshare systems either disallow transfers/sales or put severe restrictions on them.

Bluegreen for instance, has a right of first refusal and actively enforce it. They also force you to use a third party (Pinnacle) for the resales they do allow... so they get their cut.

CWA technically has a right of first refusal, but you never hear of it being enforced... and deeded properties do not have this.
ROFR just means that they have the right to purchase the property at the agreed upon sale price between two private parties. If Wyndham started “enforcing” it that would mean they were exercising their right. That would actually likely be great for current owners as it would probably lead to an increase in resale value.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

I don't know of any other timeshare systems that do not allow one to sell their deeded ownerships. Yes, several have restrictions, some sever to the resale buyer, but they can still transfer. As for ROFR, the fact that they aren't exercising (it isn't called enforcing), means they don't see value in the product they actually sell...

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Very happy to report that we received official confirmation that our Certified Exit is Complete and that our previous deeded ownership has been cancelled. So that was a little less than 4 months from start to finish of the process. I was surprised that they moved so fast after returning the paperwork. The timing to get the paperwork was within the window they told me to expect when I started the process. Wyndham recommended that we either use all of our points this year or use them to pay maintenance fees before starting the process. We converted those points to pay maintenance fees for most of the time that it took to get through the exit process. Even our MyClubWyndham login looks like it has been updated as expected with a Limited Edition Contract replacing our previous ownership. I can even make reservations for our new use year after 10/1/2023. Unfortunately, our former home resort was Royal Vista and it is nearly impossible to reserve there in the winter without ARP, so not sure how much we will be using Wyndham. I would definitely recommend Certified Exit (and Limited Edition if qualified) when you are done with your Wyndham ownership.
what was your old use year? It is surprising that they told you in January to use up your points before starting the process so early in the calendar year but less surprising if it was a June or Oct use year.

alm99

Reaction score
I am in the process of buying resale, it’s been about 12 weeks and I just received ~6 password reset emails for paymentus, a service I’ve never used before. I am not sure what this means? Does it mean the transfer is nearly complete? This is the only thing I received from Wyndham, I don’t have an account number unless they are re-activating an account number I had under a discover package back in 2018/2019.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I am in the process of buying resale, it’s been about 12 weeks and I just received ~6 password reset emails for paymentus, a service I’ve never used before. I am not sure what this means? Does it mean the transfer is nearly complete? This is the only thing I received from Wyndham, I don’t have an account number unless they are re-activating an account number I had under a discover package back in 2018/2019.
That seems like a good sign they're creating (reactivating?) your account. I would call and see if they can tell you your account number so you can create a login on the main Wyndham site.

troy12n

Reaction score
"Use year realignment shenanigans" is why I went out of my way, and waited, and passed on a bunch of actions until I found one that was my (October) use year, and had terms I could live with (no Tochoa25 idiotic terms), and wasn't a situation where the seller was shill bidding (which is a large number of auctions).

It took a long time, but I found it... now just waiting out Wyndham to do their part.

Honestly, Wyndham would probably do themselves a HUGE favor if they re-aligned everyone to a January use year, and did it equitably. They certainly could, but i'm not sure they would. It would be less overhead for them, and if they did it right (bonus points so nobody got screwed over), it would be a win-win for everyone involved.

I like my UY being October, but if everyone had the same UY, it would be fine too, and if they threw some points at me to make me hold my nose about it, even better. As long as people don't lose anything in the process, it would be fine.

Would certainly make buying resale a lot easier for those of us who don't currently have January use years. Also would open up the ability to buy even/odd bi-annual contracts, without the fear of being screwed over in a use year realignment...

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I saw some of the contracts out of our account, it was up for a total of 24 hours, and it's not there anymore, so maybe this will change. What I do not see is if the points deducted from the account. I was hoping the new owners would get the points. There seems to be no consistency in what Wyndham does.

I am pretty excited to get rid of everything Wyndham, but I have no use for these points.