• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What is Wyndham's excuse for taking up to 6 months to transfer contracts?

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
I am in the process of buying resale, it’s been about 12 weeks and I just received ~6 password reset emails for paymentus, a service I’ve never used before. I am not sure what this means? Does it mean the transfer is nearly complete? This is the only thing I received from Wyndham, I don’t have an account number unless they are re-activating an account number I had under a discover package back in 2018/2019.
That happened to me in March for my first Wyndham ownership and I was able to call Club Wyndham and get the account set up. That means you're all set.

Reaction score
Here is my tally for the year: I have 3 contracts I've "given" to others, and 2 that I'm adding family names to. In each case, I make a full copy of everything that I send to wyndham.
1. Sent 1/27 - rejected by Wyndham 9 weeks later, by sending an email. They stated I needed to contact the resort itself directly to make the transfer. After a couple of phone calls, and questions asked differently, they finally stated they did not have the new deed. As I have a copy of all the docs I sent, it seems the person handling the paper at their end must have thrown away the deed. I sent it again and they said I would be back at the beginning of the line. Another 8 - 12 weeks.
2. Sent 2/8 - transferred to the new owner during the week of 5/3. 12 weeks. Contract is gone. The bill for next month has reduced accordingly. NO points have been removed for 2023, 2024, 2025. I'm waiting to hear what the new owner has to say to find out if they received points.
3. Sent 1/27: Wyndham rejected as they confused this one with a transfer from 2022. See full details in my previous post. The rejection was received by email. I am instructed to call back again this week to find out if they are going to put this one at the back of the line.
4. Sent 1/27: Wyndham rejected as they were missing pages 2 through 7 of the deed. this rejection was sent by paper mail, and took 10 days to get to me. I emailed them replacement pages 2 through 6. A week after they mailed the paper rejection letter, they mailed my back my check, which was before I received the rejection. In the process to mailing that back now. Again, another call this week to find out if this one goes to the back of the line.
5. Sent 3/26: Wyndham rejected by email stating the deed is missing the unit number. Resent to them by email the whole deed which clearly has unit number. I'm suspecting they only kept page 1 again on this one.
6. A surprise - An El Cid deed was removed from my account week of 5/8. No points were removed. for 2023, 2024, or 2025 I thought this was a perpetual El Cid, but I guess not. It was one of the higher MF El Cid, so I'm not unhappy. Of note, I have 2 addl El Cid that expired in 2021 and 2022 respectively that are still happily providing points for a low MF.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Covid-19 and the shortage of staff in the office.LOL

BarryS

TUG Member
Reaction score
My fellow TUGgers, it is with great pleasure that I inform you that at exactly 12 weeks, Wyndham has completed my transfer and created my member number! I was able to register on the club website and made my first reservation....for next week!

To those of you who are still waiting and have been waiting even longer than I have, I hope your transactions complete quickly.

altiste1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Willow Ridge
Marriott Phuket Beach Club
Wyndham Bali Hai
My fellow TUGgers, it is with great pleasure that I inform you that at exactly 12 weeks, Wyndham has completed my transfer and created my member number! I was able to register on the club website and made my first reservation....for next week!

To those of you who are still waiting and have been waiting even longer than I have, I hope your transactions complete quickly.
Congrats! I'm at about 9 weeks and each time I call they tell me "12 weeks" so we will see.

On a separate note, if the transfer completes in roughly that timeframe, that puts me right up against the planned website outage - and I want to be able to make reservations right away. Will be a nail-biter for sure.

Incidentally, my closing company tells me they have someone who calls Wyndham weekly to follow up on the status of the deeds they have in process. I have no way of verifying that, or what those calls actually consist of, but here's to hoping the multiple touches keeps things on track.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Wouldn't a resale buyer be considered a new owner?
No, a resale buyer is just a contract being transfered from an existing owner to a new owner. Wyndham doesn't make any real money on the sale like they do on a purchase from them, they only get the transfer fee which to them is minimal. Also, on a resale the maintenance is being paid by the existing owner until the sale is completed. On a purchase from them Wyndham is paying the maintenance on the unit until it is sold to the buyer so that is another incentive for them to move that purchase paperwork along. Now one might say that perhaps the existing owner is not paying their maintenance so moving the sale along quickly would be an incentive. Delinquent owners not paying their mainteance is not Wyndham's problem it is the HOA's problem with the mainteance fee the other owners have to pay.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I volunteer as tribute...I mean as a control subject - I have a deed that was sent to Wyndham on March 3, and I will not call them and we can see how everything shakes out. ;) It's an even-year deed, so I'm not in any hurry.
I never called or bugged Wyndham, and this contract has now hit my account yesterday, June 3 - so exactly (suspiciously?) three months from when they received the documentation.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Shortage of staff at Wyndham and the transfer company. IMHO.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Shortage of staff at Wyndham and the transfer company. IMHO.
Priorities Priorities Priorites! Things that make money for people and companies always have enough staff to get the big ticket items out and bring in the cash. Transfer a timeshare from one owner to another is not making Wyndham much money so it doesn't get the priority to move the paperwork. I BET YOU NEW SALES DON'T WAIT 6 MONTHS!!

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Priorities Priorities Priorites! Things that make money for people and companies always have enough staff to get the big ticket items out and bring in the cash. Transfer a timeshare from one owner to another is not making Wyndham much money so it doesn't get the priority to move the paperwork. I BET YOU NEW SALES DON'T WAIT 6 MONTHS!!
My most recent purchase involves a piggyback contract. The Atlanta points where in my account the next day. The paperwork for the piggyback contract took about a month to get. It was sent back and they received it beginning of March. I am still waiting for it to transfer. So despite buying direct from Wyndham, the Piggyback is still taking awhile. Normal point purchases happen almost immediately but the ownership is not actually transferred yet. If it's a deed it can take a bit. You don't know how long it actually takes, because you're given your points immediately. I suspect the actual transfer process takes just as long as others, but it's possible it is a bit quicker.

altiste1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Willow Ridge
Marriott Phuket Beach Club
Wyndham Bali Hai
I never called or bugged Wyndham, and this contract has now hit my account yesterday, June 3 - so exactly (suspiciously?) three months from when they received the documentation.
I called regularly and followed up with the title department. Last Friday, the day after the 12-week mark, I called and the transfer hadn't been completed, so the agent put in a "rush request" or something like that. They then recommended calling back in 10 business days. LOL.

I tried again on Monday, hoping against hope they'd get it done before the website outage. No such luck.

Today I got the series of password reset emails from paymentus, so I called the title department and in fact the transfer did complete. Transfer time: 12 1/2 weeks after Wyndham received the recorded deed. But of course, this happens smack in the middle of the service outage, so I can't set up my account until the website comes back online (which I confirmed by calling Owner Services). Heckuva time for a transfer to complete.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
My Bali Hai transfer was recorded and sent to Wyndham on March 29th. It just completed today and the points are in my account, so that was a little over 14 weeks.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We completed the transfer of the CWA points we purchased. We signed the Assumption Agreement on August 27th and the points transfer was apparently completed on 11/3. I received the Paymentus password reset email on 11/5 and called Wyndham on the 8th to get our member and contract numbers in order to register for online reservation access. transfer paperwork and the transfer fee payment were complete on 8/4. So if we use the 8/4 to the 11/3 dates, it is about 12 weeks for Wyndham to complete their piece. I do know, in there, that it took the seller about 10 days to sign on their side.

RBach

Reaction score
We completed the transfer of the CWA points we purchased. We signed the Assumption Agreement on August 27th and the points transfer was apparently completed on 11/3. I received the Paymentus password reset email on 11/5 and called Wyndham on the 8th to get our member and contract numbers in order to register for online reservation access. transfer paperwork and the transfer fee payment were complete on 8/4. So if we use the 8/4 to the 11/3 dates, it is about 12 weeks for Wyndham to complete their piece. I do know, in there, that it took the seller about 10 days to sign on their side.
Thank you for sharing this information.

We are in a similar situation regarding CWA points purchased, with the Assumption Agreement signed then WYN confirmed receipt on 20 Sept.

So, when you were waiting and wondering when all is complete - your first real notice was that request via email for the Paymentus password reset on 05 Nov ?

Thanks kindly

Rich

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Thank you for sharing this information.

We are in a similar situation regarding CWA points purchased, with the Assumption Agreement signed then WYN confirmed receipt on 20 Sept.

So, when you were waiting and wondering when all is complete - your first real notice was that request via email for the Paymentus password reset on 05 Nov ?

Thanks kindly

Rich
Yes, the first notification was the Pamentus password reset. Once you have that, you should also be in the Clyb Wydnam system but you need to call to get your Owner and Member numbers. The Paymentus system has some numbers, but they don't work.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I should add, when you call. Call the number for seasoned owners and select option to for Financial Services. When I called, I call the number for new owners and she said she had to transfer me to Financial Services as only they could give me the owner and member number. I could have save a step and some time by calling the Seasoned Owner line first. When you call, they will ask for your owner or member number. You just have to tell them you don't have it and they will ask for your phone number. I figured out that ours was incorrect in Paymentus and that was the number they had to use to look our account up. So verify the phone number in Paymentus and even if you fix it, they will need whatever was in Paymentus originally to lookup your account.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
12 weeks was what my recent additional Bonnet Creek took to close (my timeline was very similar to yours).

RBach

Reaction score
I should add, when you call. Call the number for seasoned owners and select option to for Financial Services. When I called, I call the number for new owners and she said she had to transfer me to Financial Services as only they could give me the owner and member number. I could have save a step and some time by calling the Seasoned Owner line first. When you call, they will ask for your owner or member number. You just have to tell them you don't have it and they will ask for your phone number. I figured out that ours was incorrect in Paymentus and that was the number they had to use to look our account up. So verify the phone number in Paymentus and even if you fix it, they will need whatever was in Paymentus originally to lookup your account.
Thank you Thank you Thank you.

It is exceptionally-helpful to know this, as otherwise - it would be guessing and wondering what to do/ who to call.

Thank you for outlining the steps you took, and how to even save a phone call.

= D