• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What is WKORV ROFR selling price?

Mauiwmn

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about buying a WKORV South center ocean front unit after market. What is the current price point that will get by Starwood ROFR?
Does anyone know?

Just completed owners update and they are selling these units for $124,900.

After market range is $32000-$40,000.

We are already 5 star so no need to buy from Starwood.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

clsmit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR
Others may have a better idea of the ROFR but given the lack of inventory it might be higher than you think. And I think $124900 was for OFD, not OFC. Those are around $110K.

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
I have seen ocean front asking price of 36,000 but do not believe it is "center" unit.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
I am thinking about buying a WKORV South center ocean front unit after market. What is the current price point that will get by Starwood ROFR?
Does anyone know?

Just completed owners update and they are selling these units for $124,900.

After market range is $32000-$40,000.

We are already 5 star so no need to buy from Starwood.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Holy cow. That's alot of money.

Now my 3BR MOC is looking like a bargain............. :ponder: ...............no it isn't :doh:

serendip7

Reaction score
I just got an annual WKORVN island view 2br for $9800. It just passed the ROFR deadline yesterday. My first timeshare.. :whoopie:

The original first usage was 2013 but I was concerned that $9800 wouldn't pass the ROFR so I asked him that if I could use the timeshare this year in exchange for him adding the MF to the sales price. So ROFR wise, Westin saw $12300.

You could try that if you're worried about the ROFR...

zsn

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The original first usage was 2013 but I was concerned that $9800 wouldn't pass the ROFR so I asked him that if I could use the timeshare this year in exchange for him adding the MF to the sales price. So ROFR wise, Westin saw $12300.

VERY clever....:clap:

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got an annual WKORVN island view 2br for $9800. It just passed the ROFR deadline yesterday. My first timeshare.. :whoopie:

It is a win-win for the seller. If it does not go thru ROFR they get paid the full amount that includes MF amount, from the developer. It has pretty much become standard practice for some of the more seasoned PCCs.

jarta

TUG Member
Reaction score

Starwood is not exercising its ROFR for island view unit weeks at WKORV and WKORV-N. What you did was unnecessary, but gives you earlier first use.

Enjoy your timeshare! It's a great resort. Salty

Mauiwmn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update on purchase

We worked with Syed and closed on the OFC unit. Starwood let it pass for $35,000. Don't know at what price they have exercised ROFR in the past but ours got though.

Syed was great.

Last edited:

grgs

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, WLR, So Cal Beach Club
Congratulations!

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Congrats - one of the best VOIs around... (SVO or otherwise...)

Mauiwmn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you both.

We can't wait to visit Maui again.

-Kathleen