• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What is the value of VIP Status?

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, they actually gave me $15,000 for my original deed which I only paid a few hundred for. This was applied toward the new deed. They are issuing me a new deed for 308,000 points - not an additional deed for 154,000 points

Makes a difference in my prior response which was based on a new contract for 154K but not opinion to rescind.

Check out that book "Beware of Naked Man Who Offers You Shirt Off His back"!

Looks like responses are about 9/1 to rescind from knowledgable and experiencd owners(veterans)/users who have no financial interest just trying to keep some one out of deep [doo doo]!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DisneyLover921

vip benefits dont cost wyndham anything

Jason[/QUOTE]

>VIP benefits actually cost Wyndham significant money (I think it was close to 12 million last quarter

Where did you get that? The vip benefits are stolen from regular Wyndham members.

For example, when a plat. member gets a unit for half prices, it costs them nothing. It just takes that unit off inventory so regular people cant book it

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score

>VIP benefits actually cost Wyndham significant money (I think it was close to 12 million last quarter

Where did you get that? The vip benefits are stolen from regular Wyndham members.

For example, when a plat. member gets a unit for half prices, it costs them nothing. It just takes that unit off inventory so regular people cant book it[/QUOTE]

Get real!

I have a copy of the 2011 audited FVPUMTA financials right here. You can get facts from Russel Cook, CPA, Directotor of Club Accounting! Wyndham sales paid Trust $12,076,000 for VIP benefits such as housekeeping, etc.

In addition Wyndham sales transfered Developer points for ALL point discounts VIPs got. Points are points.

Were expenses calculated fairly, probably not as three Wyndham Exeutives are Trust Board and have major conflict of interest, but it passed independant audit.

Noted first post, you might want to do some homework before posting as active posters here are pretty savvy!

ADDED: If VIP paid Developer say 150K cash upfront for VIP benefits using discounted cash flow calculation he is paying about $1K per reservation for about 25 years assuming 8 reservations a year and assuming Wyndham points remain at current value!!

Last edited:

jjmanthei05

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jason

For example, when a plat. member gets a unit for half prices, it costs them nothing. It just takes that unit off inventory so regular people cant book it

Actually VIP members are using wyndham's points preventing them from renting out even more units. So at least it's wyndham owners getting the units instead of wyndham.

Jason