• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What is the value of 80K RCI points?

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Elara, Kings Land, Valdoro Mountain, the District
Thanks for the feedback. I didn't know there were HGVC affiliates until I read about them a week or so ago. Beyond what I mentioned above, the things that have drawn me to HGVC are some of the locations they have (Big Island every 4-5 years), Mrytle Beach (almost every year but low season up until now, Orlando is somewhat easy for us to get to by air, and last but not least we like to golf a lot and many of their locations have good golf either affiliated or nearby. We like to stay in nicer places and like a good nights sleep. I am a Hilton Diamond (and realize that means nothing in the scheme of things here, just that we like to stay at Hilton properties. We did sit through a presentation @ Kingsland about 4 years ago and I knew the math well enough going in. They were pleasant and let us leave without any hassle. That being said, I see an Eagles Nest listed on Red Week for $3,000 and has a maint fee of $1139. How would that trade back into HGVC for another location? While my son is in Naples now, there is no telling how long he'll be there. Could be 1 year or a decade+(LOL). What would be the cost to move that into the Eagels Nest property into the HGVC program? Thanks so much for all the info.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
TUG has a special HGVC forum, where you can get more specific HGVC info. Basically, in HGVC, your unit receives a certain amount of HGVC points based upon on a specified grid. For ex, almost all summer/fall weeks at 2BR HGVC Eagles Nest get 5K points, most winter/early spring weeks get 7K. If you take HGVC points vs. booking a week at the resort directly, then points are points and you are in the same situation as all other HGVC owners to book weeks wherever.
That's why HGVC Orlando/Vegas, etc. is not a great option for booking Marco, as not many Marco owners trade their weeks for points, so a much more limited pool of Marco units with lots of HGVC owners trying to book. Not impossible, but, if you want Marco, Sanibel, etc. and you're buying into hGVC, it's wise to consider an affiliate, IMHO. That's what we did. I just asked last week on the HGVC BB about joining HGVC. It's $600 plus about $200 annual fees and trade fee. We're not joining HGVC while we're using our week, but I liked the option to have HGVC points in the future. elaine (I sent you a pm.)

Last edited:

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Elara, Kings Land, Valdoro Mountain, the District
Thanks for all the replies. If I were to look at something in the Naples area I’d probably look to the area North of Naples/Sanibel, mainly due to the golf greens fees being a bit easier on the wallet as you travel North from there. At many courses the daily greens fees for my wife and I would be higher than our nightly cost of lodging.

Speaking of nightly rates, yesterday I was able to rebook a March 5 night Hilton point stay at the Naples Hilton for a total of 168k points that I value at $840 all in with no taxes. I realize I’m looking at something completely different than a timeshare unit, but when I can get an in season nightly rate of $168, at a pretty nice property, it’s hard for me to get even resale timeshare math to work.