• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What is the ONE charge you resent when you get your MF bill or when you go to a resort?

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I also really resent having the ARDA fee listed on my MF bill. ARDA is a lobbying group for timeshare developers. Diamond Resorts adds it to the bill each year and lists it as a "ARDA-ROC Voluntary Contribution". Most people don't notice that it's optional, and don't read the FAQ on the back that says "You may opt not to contribute without reprisal or otherwise affecting your membership.". I call them up each year and ask them to deduct the $7, and keep calling them back until I see that it has been deducted.
We do not pay this ARDA fee, can someone name just one benefit of this organization?????,

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
ARDA fee. Everything else I am fine w/ because we do use the amenities.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
Both WiFi and Activity Fees get me, especially since we rarely use the on-property activities . . . and everyone generally provides WiFi free as a normal expense to do business. That said, my home resort (Lifetime in Hawaii) does charge for the WiFi to keep our MFs down, so I should be happy I suppose.

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Mandatory Parking/Valet fees, and resort amenities fees. Ugh!*j#@

shorts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Points
Morritts Tortuga Club (9 wks) Grand Cayman
Thanks for the info. We’re going for the SEC basketball tournament and will be there 4 nights. I doubt we will even need the car once we get there. Bridgestone Arena is only a block or two away and all the restaurants/bars we would ever need. The ability to walk everywhere is why we chose to stay there instead of Wyndham Nashville although it costs double the points.

Glad to hear you liked the property. Any suggestions for dining?

Harry - Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As we were only there for 2 days we really didn’t get to try out many restaurants. The resort itself has 2 restaurants. Finn’s Margaritaville on the 4th floor and then a bar and grill on the ground floor. We ate at the bar and grill. It was really good. And of course there are many restaurants in walking distance. Johnny Cash restaurant is fairly new and has pretty good menu.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
Mine is parking. I understand charging because they have to use someone else’s parking lot since there is no on premises parking. It would be interesting to know their profit margin. La belle Maison charges something like $25/day. <<SNIPPED>>

We've stayed several times at La Belle Maison in New Orleans. We only rent a car on the day(s) when we want to go touring and minimize the parking fees there . . often keeping it to a max of 1 night. That said, in the case of this resort, Wyndham doesn't own the parking so it's really more of a service provided to guests to be able to use that parking structure/lot.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Parking fees and resort fees.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
The $25 environmental fee tacked on in the USVI. An extra $175/week on top of my MF and property taxes(which are billed separately).