• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What is the highest risk activity you have engaged in during pandemic?

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Hoping your husband gets the care he needs. Lot of people postponed dr appointments during quarantine, thus resulting in tragic results. The hospitals are taking many precautions to make non Covid patients feel safe and give extremely good care. I would have no problem getting care, I had a minor procedure in out patient facility and felt safe. My husband was allowed to go with me, but had to wait outside during procedure.

Thanks. It's good hear that others have experienced and are confident in our medical systems' precautions. I do know that they've learned a lot since the chaos of NY and like areas.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Do you stay while they are there? We've always been around when they are here. I've thought of leaving just before they get here and returning some time after. I just don't know...but I do miss and need them.
We stay while our house cleaners are there. We always have. We just stay out of the rooms where they are cleaning. Since the time they spend can vary, and how much I pay them depends on how long they are there, I need to be there when they arrive, and when they leave.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Please don't put all your hope into a magical vaccine! Despite what Fauci is saying or the headlines want you to believe - putting your life totally on hold until a vaccine is available you could realistically be waiting years.
I was at my doctor yesterday. Last time I saw her was before sip was issued and we had a long discussion on what she thought would occur. So far she has called everything that has happened right.

She believes next summer will be when a vaccine can realistically be available to the masses and then with Possible limited results as she said no one is really sure how long a vaccine will last. She is a 100% believer in wearing a mask and eye goggle/shield And her take is it is how much viral load you breathe in that makes a difference in how bad you get it. So far all her patients that got it did not have to get admitted to hospitals and have recovered at home. Take her take how you want. I have lots of faith in her.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
No- the thing is I am cautious and I don’t think what I do is risky but some others do. They are not cautious. The people I am thinking about are more than cautious. That’s the difference.

So now we can’t use the word fearful? Ok. I’ll used the word scared. I mean - come on!

People get insulted if you imply they are scared of Covid. Why, I do not know. It is okay to be scared, frightened, anxious, fearful, whatever you want to call it. Strong people can admit to fear and not be ashamed by it. I do not look down on people because they are anxious.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
People get insulted if you imply they are scared of Covid. Why, I do not know. It is okay to be scared, frightened, anxious, fearful, whatever you want to call it. Strong people can admit to fear and not be ashamed by it. I do not look down on people because they are anxious.
I am “whatever you want to call it” but I believe life must go on so I do what I have to and take the risks. Not doing certain things gives me higher risks in other areas. I also reduce my risks by wearing a mask, a shield now (waiting for delivery of goggles instead) and trying not to stay close to others or in one area too long. I also consider myself smart, keep abreast of everything out there and make Logical decisions based on what I have read.

jonmaiman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Reading too many threads about Covid on TUG and FlyerTalk:ponder: Kidding aside, with all of the divergent opinions it can be exhausting to read through the threads. I frequently choose to either not read whole threads or portions of them. While I may not agree with many of the opinions expressed, I strongly feel that everyone has the right to express their opinion.

--Jon

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I have an appointment at the Medispa next week. I am looking into getting some facial services done, like laser resurfacing of my skin and botox and possibly something else depending on what they recommend. This will be the riskiest thing I have done during the pandemic. I have done similar services in the past but not at this office. I need a refresh. It will take a few years off my face with non-surgical procedures.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have felt an uptick in anxiety over Covid as two more restaurants and two very big businesses have been added this week to the closed because of covid list. On the upside, I saw more people wearing masks.

Monykalyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
She believes next summer will be when a vaccine can realistically be available to the masses and then with Possible limited results as she said no one is really sure how long a vaccine will last.
She is probably correct, also one (the hard way!!) upside to more confirmed cases is more community immunity.
I'm more fearful of a super rushed vaccine (big $ involved) that is less than worthless or has a side effect not seen until after months have passed, and the public loses faith when a good vaccine comes along and there aren't as many takers. More than once a vaccine that has proven safe and effective in animal trials has showed unexpected side effects/consequences when it reaches large human trials.

geekette

Reaction score
She is probably correct, also one (the hard way!!) upside to more confirmed cases is more community immunity.
I'm more fearful of a super rushed vaccine (big $ involved) that is less than worthless or has a side effect not seen until after months have passed, and the public loses faith when a good vaccine comes along and there aren't as many takers. More than once a vaccine that has proven safe and effective in animal trials has showed unexpected side effects/consequences when it reaches large human trials.
Yes. I won't line up until at least the 5th one is out, and I can wait a long while for others to go ahead of me. When it's available to me, I'll take it. If those who need it more than I do have gotten it.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
The riskiest thing we have done is fly to San Diego for a long weekend. It was along planned trip for my wife's birthday. We flew Southwest, and they did a good job of keeping the middle seat open.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
The riskiest thing we have done is fly to San Diego for a long weekend. It was along planned trip for my wife's birthday. We flew Southwest, and they did a good job of keeping the middle seat open.
I keep wondering about the airports. Supposedly they can be riskier than the planes.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I am in theory going to have a "By Appointment Only" garage sale tomorrow. I say "in theory" because I am actually open for business today, having posted on FB Marketplace at 11am, and then Nextdoor and Craigslist at 1PM. Supposed to run this afternoon and tomorrow from 11-5, no street signage, no address given until contacted for appt., mask required. Crickets for now. But yesterday the guy who seemed to think I should welcome him with open arms at 11pm Wednesday night, actually contacted me back to come for $15 worth of antique copper pieces. Since all my dollar items were already out he spent 30 minutes looking at all my junk and spent another $15 on odds and ends. If By Appointment turns out to be an epic fail, next week I'll post my address on Nextdoor, hoping to keep it local without swarms of people. All the really "good stuff" is already gone because I've been selling things item by item since March on FB Marketplace -- I'm up over $800 with those items.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
i Had Covid test two weeks ago preceding Colonoscopy . Had to stay home for five days after the test before the procedure. At that time, I was already stuffed up with a cold/allergies. We really don’t go anywhere but I continued waking up with terribly stuffy nose, nasal congestion. Thursday I had an appointment at the clinic,and decided to go into walk in clinic because I thought I had a sinus infection. Made the mistake of going into clinic before my scheduled mammogram. Doctor said this was probably a sinus infection and gave me a prescription for an antibiotic. Then he said he was going to give me Covid test as a precaution. Now the nurse begins treating me like typhoid mary. I am led to a remote exit with very strict orders. My prescription is brought to the car. My mammogram is cancelled. At 1:30 today I get an email that I am negative for Covid. I decide to take my husband to state park where we sat on bench with masks to watch kayakers. As we are leaving,i get call from nurse wh tells me I am negative but I need to stay home for three days after I as totally well. So I inadvertently did something risky.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
i Had Covid test two weeks ago preceding Colonoscopy . Had to stay home for five days after the test before the procedure. At that time, I was already stuffed up with a cold/allergies. We really don’t go anywhere but I continued waking up with terribly stuffy nose, nasal congestion. Thursday I had an appointment at the clinic,and decided to go into walk in clinic because I thought I had a sinus infection. Made the mistake of going into clinic before my scheduled mammogram. Doctor said this was probably a sinus infection and gave me a prescription for an antibiotic. Then he said he was going to give me Covid test as a precaution. Now the nurse begins treating me like typhoid mary. I am led to a remote exit with very strict orders. My prescription is brought to the car. My mammogram is cancelled. At 1:30 today I get an email that I am negative for Covid. I decide to take my husband to state park where we sat on bench with masks to watch kayakers. As we are leaving,i get call from nurse wh tells me I am negative but I need to stay home for three days after I as totally well. So I inadvertently did something risky.
Glad you are ok, I had a procedure and had a Covid test before it. Everything was fine. The hospital was very sterile and drs and nurses were professional. I felt comfortable. I have had a few other dr visits, that I had to wait in the waiting room but was masked and socially distanced from others. Those made me more nervous than the hospital and Covid test. I am very fortunate to be healthy, so I’m not complaining. I comply with the mask mandate and have family and friends to go thru this trying time. I wish all of you safe and healthy times and look forward to being out and about hopefully soon.

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
Two weeks ago our eldest cat got pneumonia, went into respiratory distress, and his organs started shutting down. Multiple vets couldn't do anything (limited resources plus disease progression) so we euthanized him. Even though I wore a mask and they all wore masks, it was still an enclosed place and I was crying hysterically and petting him and was in general proximity to multiple staff... it was probably the most dangerous thing I've done COVID-wise since early March when I hugged people at my mother-in-law's funeral.

Of note: did you know the CDC has special guidelines for veterinarians dealing with respiratory disease in cats and dogs? It's thought they can get COVID19 and thus special precautions are advised.

I don't have symptoms and neither does my family so I assume we didn't get it.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Two weeks ago our eldest cat got pneumonia, went into respiratory distress, and his organs started shutting down. Multiple vets couldn't do anything (limited resources plus disease progression) so we euthanized him. Even though I wore a mask and they all wore masks, it was still an enclosed place and I was crying hysterically and petting him and was in general proximity to multiple staff... it was probably the most dangerous thing I've done COVID-wise since early March when I hugged people at my mother-in-law's funeral.

Of note: did you know the CDC has special guidelines for veterinarians dealing with respiratory disease in cats and dogs? It's thought they can get COVID19 and thus special precautions are advised.

Very sorry about your cat.

Gracey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Longboat Bay Club, Disney s Old Key West, Wyndham
My highest risk activity is going to work. I hold the number one spot for the highest risk job of contracting covid. I am a dental hygienist. I have been back at work for two months and wear all the appropriate PPE.
So far so good!

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I am so sorry about your cat. I had to euthanize my cat of 20 years and it was very emotional.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think I have a higher risk activity than I last posted. I am volunteering with CASA. I will be meeting with my child in person with a mask and 6’ social distance. I think this will be my highest risk activity because the child is in foster care and I have no idea who he/she has been in contact with. I assume the parents of a child in foster care will not be so careful with the guidelines if they had their child removed.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I keep wondering about the airports. Supposedly they can be riskier than the planes.
I've been to several airports during the past month. I felt a very low level of anxiety. Riskier in what way? Surface areas, lack of social distancing? Masks were worn by all.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
We went to Shadow Ridge a few weeks ago, swam in the pools, went down the water slide, ate and drank from the "bar", went out for mexican food, shopped at grocery store, Wal Mart and Costco, got italian take out, grilled at the BBQs.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
I've been to several airports during the past month. I felt a very low level of anxiety. Riskier in what way? Surface areas, lack of social distancing? Masks were worn by all.
I can't copy and paste right now, but there is information on the CDC website about the concerns of being in airports. You can look it up. It's mostly being in lines, being around other people and a lot of surfaces touched by many people.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't copy and paste right now, but there is information on the CDC website about the concerns of being in airports. You can look it up. It's mostly being in lines, being around other people and a lot of surfaces touched by many people.
All I can say is -- it was cleaner and less crowded than most grocery stores. Masks and social distancing prevailed.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just read that sixth business in Wisconsin Dells has Covid . And I left Florida for this!