• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What is the highest risk activity you have engaged in during pandemic?

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Today I picked up my car at the dealership that I Dropped off the other day. Before I went I had a doctors appointment and blood test. This all has its risks but to me less then my car crashing or my blood levels having a problem I haven’t checked.

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was talking about the hysteria of COVID and the bs that goes along with it like lockdowns and so forth. COVID will not be going away until a vaccine is developed that will eradicate it 100%.
Let me see if I can get you to see what other people are talking about. A while ago you had a thread about your work concerns. Imagine if people had come on and called you hysterical, mentally disturbed, and it was all bs. Please see that you are doing that exact thing by using those words in relation to peoples concerns on an issue that has killed over 150,000 people in the US.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Hope the hubs gets a clean bill of health with minimal intervention required! But I agree hospitals are pretty safe right now as they have the isolation procedures re:covid in place now. If possible-maybe make sure he has his phone on facetime/speaker with you any time a physician etc comes in to explain or give updates? This way you aren't having to translate through your husband, and gives you a chance to ask questions as well. If wishes were horses-well the hospitals would be able to test the family member designated to stay with the patient so patients have the support. I can see how big of a logistics nightmare that would be until rapid result testing is in place.

Thanks. Hopefully, it will be a quick procedure and he'll be out of there in three or four hours. He recorded his cardiologist appointment so I could listen at home since I couldn't go there either. I hadn't thought of FaceTime and the speaker! That's cool! Thanks again! Always learning something new on TUG!

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bridal shower at the end of June. Only 7 people were wearing masks of the 50 or so that were there. They had a serve yourself food and beverage area. I wore my mask and didn't eat or drink anything. MOB asked me to bring masks, to hand out. Not one was taken. One of the "best" comments I heard was "I was tested 3 weeks ago, I'm fine." Another was "I have a mask, it's in the car."

A 50 person bridal shower? That's a lot of people for a shower! And during COVID? Wow.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm so sorry to get this news. You may remember back (it seems so long ago now) in April when I had to go to an out of town hospital to have my infected pacemaker and it's leads removed and a new one installed. Paula couldn't come into the hospital. I know it was hard on her- the waiting, the uncertainty.

You simply have to put trust in the medical team. They will keep you informed at each step. Make sure they have your contact information. The doc's are very busy, but your husband's nurses will understand how stressful the not knowing can be on loved ones.

He will be in good hands and will come through this better than ever. REALLY!

Jim

Thanks so much Jim. I do recall your river cruise, hospital stay, return home and travel once home for the new pacemaker. I'm not crazy about the hospital he's going to. All of our doctors have turned out to be in its system as one refers a patent to another within the system and you start to feel locked in.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
A 50 person bridal shower? That's a lot of people for a shower! And during COVID? Wow.
A gathering of that size wouldn't even be allowed here.

A friend, who lives in NY, posted some pictures of the shower she'd gone to for her step granddaugher. No one was wearing masks. Someone posted wanting to know where the masks were. Her reply was everyone wore one coming in, but took them off to eat. Hmmmm, I saw a lot of pictures when people weren't eating (playing games, etc) and no masks.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much Jim. I do recall your river cruise, hospital stay, return home and travel once home for the new pacemaker. I'm not crazy about the hospital he's going to. All of our doctors have turned out to be in its system as one refers a patent to another within the system and you start to feel locked in.

Kind of you to remember, but THIS time it's a new pacer (my third!!) the last one became infected and had to be removed along with ALL it's associated leads 4 months ago in Salt Lake City. Of course this was post Covid and my wife wasn't allowed in the hospital. She and the dog stayed in a nearby Marriott.

Anyway. We're wishing your husband well and for a speedy recovery. Fingers, toes and eyes crossed for him.

Jim

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Very sorry to hear about your husband and I hope he is ok. It’s terrible you can’t be with him. Not good for either of you.

In our state they are working on something - or it’s already in place- so one relative or friend would be “ vetted and cleared” and designated to visit a patient in a hospital or nursing home.

BTW- I used the words fearful crowd as I see it as there are a lot of people I put in this category. Some I know personally and some I do not.

Not to say I don’t understand why. It’s just I am not one of them and my perspective is obviously different.

Thanks! I can understand with your low numbers how they might allow that. Well.... if the visitor tested negative and did not leave the room. But to move back and forth from room to cafeteria, coffee bar, gift shop... that could be risky. No. I don't think so. At least I feel better knowing no one else is getting in either.

I am fearful for my husband in a hospital setting during a pandemic. I am fearful for my 98 year old mother for whom non-masked people on our narrow sidewalks won't even move over for when she's out walking. I'm fearful for myself when I risk going in a grocery and others are not maintaining a distance and instead are reaching around me for something. BTW, I consider a safe distance 8-10 feet.

That's OK. There are a lot of people I put in the "it's all about me" crowd. That's how we got where we are.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was in the hospital this summer, unexpectedly. I am sure you can bring in anything. They did charge my phone for me while I slept. I had no one to bring me anything at the hospital. I drove myself home after discharge. they told me to take off my mask when I was in the room. This Monday I had a procedure. I had to wear a mask the entire time. They took off my mask in the operating room to switch me to oxygen. When I awoke, my mask was back on. i had to take the Covid test the Thursday before and then isolate until after my procedure.

Hope it all works out well for you! Hubby had to have a COVID test yesterday. He'll only hear the results if he tests positive in which case they'd call to cancel the procedure. He's had to wear his mask for everything thus far, even during the treadmill stress test.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm fully back @ work in a pretty busy office. Is that risky?

I think so. If one has no choice, and needs the income, they are between a rock and a hard place though, aren't they?

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

A friend, who lives in NY, posted some pictures of the shower she'd gone to for her step granddaugher. No one was wearing masks. Someone posted wanting to know where the masks were. Her reply was everyone wore one coming in, but took them off to eat. Hmmmm, I saw a lot of pictures when people weren't eating (playing games, etc) and no masks.

Well, our governor just announced he's opening our movie theaters and other such larger gatherings. In the middle of being considered a red state.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Well, our governor just announced he's opening our movie theaters and other such larger gatherings. In the middle of being considered a red state.
I'm listening to our governor's weekly briefing right now. I would be surprised if she opened anything else back up. A couple of weeks ago she re-closed restaurants for inside dining. We still don't have theaters open and can't have mass gatherings. Everything that would create large gatherings has been cancelled through the end of the year.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

My granddaughter missed half of her senior year; her already postponed graduation scheduled for the end of August was cancelled last week. There will be no graduation ceremony of any kind. Her freshman year at Clemson has been pushed back. And Monday was her birthday. Her parents held a outdoor 3 hour pizza party for her. Masks and social distancing required. 7-10 people. There was no place on earth I would rather have been but I had to say it was too risky for us. That's just the way it is.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
My granddaughter missed half of her senior year; her already postponed graduation scheduled for the end of August was cancelled last week. There will be no graduation ceremony of any kind. Her freshman year at Clemson has been pushed back. And Monday was her birthday. Her parents held a outdoor 3 hour pizza party for her. Masks and social distancing required. 7-10 people. There was no place on earth I would rather have been but I had to say it was too risky for us. That's just the way it is.
We are all missing so much. I miss the ability to just go out and meet a friend for lunch, or go to my monthly Happy Hour with friends. I miss going to the gym. Our dd's 30th birthday is coming up. She was hoping to go out to dinner. Now she's just hoping to have a cake. Our older dd who lives in California told us she wouldn't be coming to visit over Christmas. First time in several years she hasn't come.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kind of you to remember, but THIS time it's a new pacer (my third!!) the last one became infected and had to be removed along with ALL it's associated leads 4 months ago in Salt Lake City. Of course this was post Covid and my wife wasn't allowed in the hospital. She and the dog stayed in a nearby Marriott.

Anyway. We're wishing your husband well and for a speedy recovery. Fingers, toes and eyes crossed for him.

Jim

Thanks again! An infection of a pacemaker would be very scary. I chuckled because as I typed the post you are replying to, I started to type Las Vegas as the place you were going for the removal and new. :LOL:

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks! I can understand with your low numbers how they might allow that. Well.... if the visitor tested negative and did not leave the room. But to move back and forth from room to cafeteria, coffee bar, gift shop... that could be risky. No. I don't think so. At least I feel better knowing no one else is getting in either.

I am fearful for my husband in a hospital setting during a pandemic. I am fearful for my 98 year old mother for whom non-masked people on our narrow sidewalks won't even move over for when she's out walking. I'm fearful for myself when I risk going in a grocery and others are not maintaining a distance and instead are reaching around me for something. BTW, I consider a safe distance 8-10 feet.

That's OK. There are a lot of people I put in the "it's all about me" crowd. That's how we got where we are.

PS: Something kept nagging at me after posting the above. There are none I know here, or in person, whom I can place in such a category without some exceptions.Well, maybe those people attending COVID parties and other large crowded gatherings. It can be argued that It was all about me when I went in to Trader Joe's even though I wore a mask and stood back waiting for an area to clear enough to go in. I didn't have to be there.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are all missing so much. I miss the ability to just go out and meet a friend for lunch, or go to my monthly Happy Hour with friends. I miss going to the gym. Our dd's 30th birthday is coming up. She was hoping to go out to dinner. Now she's just hoping to have a cake. Our older dd who lives in California told us she wouldn't be coming to visit over Christmas. First time in several years she hasn't come.

Lots of traditions being broken for sure. I miss dancing classes, sitting at the bar at Pearlz eating raw oysters
( restaurants here are not allowed to serve raw oysters as take-out), and walking in and out of shops downtown with my granddaughter. OH! And a pedicure!

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Lots of traditions being broken for sure. I miss dancing classes, sitting at the bar at Pearlz eating raw oysters
( restaurants here are not allowed to serve raw oysters as take-out), and walking in and out of shops downtown with my granddaughter. OH! And a pedicure!
I've had one pedicure, mostly because I felt I owed it to the gal who does my manicures and pedicures (if that makes sense). Not sure when I'll have the next one. I had bought a gift certificate from a spa I love so I could get a massage when this was "all over". I have no idea when I'll finally go. I have felt pretty comfortable with the one on one appointments I've had, like getting my teeth cleaned, but still waiting for others.

I'd die to have an oyster. I love them. But I quite literally might die as I developed an allergy to them. :(

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd die to have an oyster. I love them. But I quite literally might die as I developed an allergy to them. :(

Some things are worth the risk! Says the guy with crab allergy. :)

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Some things are worth the risk! Says the guy with crab allergy. :)
Well I tried. Dh and I used to get oysters quite a lot. No problems. Then one year we went to Maui, had oysters for dinner, and I was in the bathroom puking my guts out all night. I had no idea what it was. Had oysters the next night, same results. Figured it was the oysters. I love them, but not worth it.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was talking about the hysteria of COVID and the bs that goes along with it like lockdowns and so forth. COVID will not be going away until a vaccine is developed that will eradicate it 100%.

Now it's not just "fearful crowd" but hysteria? Lockdowns are BS? Sheesh!

We were a low number area until our "lockdown" was lifted too soon. Thanks to our mayor, CHS was almost a ghost town in April and most of May. Then came the reopening of restaurants, shops and hotels. From Memorial Day through the 4th of July, we were flooded with young people partying in bars and at the beach, tourists who just couldn't give up their vacations, and demonstrators. Now look where we are. Who knows; you may find your area will yet reap what it sows too! It just starts with one.

The idea was, for ourselves and others, to stay in place unless absolutely necessary until we have a vaccine.