• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What is the highest risk activity you have engaged in during pandemic?

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
So how are the young people "hooking up" these days? Are they avoiding each other like the plague or have things not changed from the past?

I do know some marriages have been postponed or canceled.

This could cause a steep birth decline starting in nine months and continue until there is a successful vaccine.

What some couples have done is scale back, have a much smaller ceremony or even just go to the courthouse and then have something larger later on.

P.S. You don't have to be married to procreate. ;)

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Last week I questioned my husband about why he was going to keep his in-person appointment with his primary care physician instead of having a virtual appointment. He informed me that he's been having chest pain, numbness and a shooting pain in his left arm, slight feeling of nausea and headaches off and on for 3 months!! He kept the appointment and was sent to our local hospital, which takes COVID patients, to have a nuclear stress test. Two days later he saw a cardiologist and has a cath procedure scheduled for Monday at the same hospital.

I'm not just fearful, I'm terrified for him. If they can't get the cath in through his arm and have to do it in his groin, he may have to spend the night. If they have to put in a stent/stents, he may have to spend the night or longer. If he has to have bypass surgery, it could be many nights. I can't go in with him. I can't visit him. I can't be there if he had a bad reaction, a heart attack, and/or is dying. One week ago, this wasn't on our personal horizon. But it can be on any of our horizons in a nano second! Maybe not heart but something else could see us, or someone we love, having to be in the midst of a pandemic hospital.

I am angry right now. No. I've been angry. I blame all those who are so "me centric" that they have turned our state (and others) into a red state and our home area in Charleston the "epicenter." I blame our governor for re-opening too soon and not declaring mandatory mask wearing. I blame those who just have to go out to bars, restaurants, the beaches, stores, and on vacation. What's wrong with us (i am including myself) that we can't be inconvenienced for the sake of others as well as ourselves?

So yeah, I'll take being one of "the fearful crowd" now.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Last week I questioned my husband about why he was going to keep his in-person appointment with his primary care physician instead of having a virtual appointment. He informed me that he's been having chest pain, numbness and a shooting pain in his left arm, slight feeling of nausea and headaches off and on for 3 months!! He kept the appointment and was sent to our local hospital, which takes COVID patients, to have a nuclear stress test. Two days later he saw a cardiologist and has a cath procedure scheduled for Monday at the same hospital.

I'm not just fearful, I'm terrified for him. If they can't get the cath in through his arm and have to do it in his groin, he may have to spend the night. If they have to put in a stent/stents, he may have to spend the night or longer. If he has to have bypass surgery, it could be many nights. I can't go in with him. I can't visit him. I can't be there if he had a bad reaction, a heart attack, and/or is dying. One week ago, this wasn't on our personal horizon. But it can be on any of our horizons in a nano second! Maybe not heart but something else could see us, or someone we love, having to be in the midst of a pandemic hospital.

I am angry right now. No. I've been angry. I blame all those who are so "me centric" that they have turned our state (and others) into a red state and our home area in Charleston the "epicenter." I blame our governor for re-opening too soon and not declaring mandatory mask wearing. I blame those who just have to go out to bars, restaurants, the beaches, stores, and on vacation. What's wrong with us (i am including myself) that we can't be inconvenienced for the sake of others as well as ourselves?

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband. Try to consider the positive, he was diagnosed in time. Meanwhile try take care of yourself.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband. Try to consider the positive, he was diagnosed in time. Meanwhile try take care of yourself.

Thank you. Between caring for my mother, our home, worrying about COVID and now my husband, I am overwhelmed right now. This might seem odd to some but I will be glad when online courses start again at our college and I can have several hours a day to refocus my mind to classes, studying and homework. It's actually an escape.

geekette

Reaction score
Thank you. Between caring for my mother, our home, worrying about COVID and now my husband, I am overwhelmed right now. This might seem odd to some but I will be glad when online courses start again at our college and I can have several hours a day to refocus my mind to classes, studying and homework. It's actually an escape.
no, that doesn't sound odd to me at all. You're dealing with some hefty stuff, and you are powerless in it. In your shoes, I would welcome the distraction to throw myself into. Take good care of yourself, find healthy stress outlets. Best of luck to your husband in solid recovery. sending both of you cyberly distanced hugs.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
no, that doesn't sound odd to me at all. You're dealing with some hefty stuff, and you are powerless in it. In your shoes, I would welcome the distraction to throw myself into. Take good care of yourself, find healthy stress outlets. Best of luck to your husband in solid recovery. sending both of you cyberly distanced hugs.

Thank you!

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
I'm not just fearful, I'm terrified for him.

Scary stuff, but the hospital stay will be ok. They've had months to figure this out. My mother had a potential stroke (turned out to not be) but spent 2 nights in the hospital in early May. Like you, I was scared of the potential exposure while in the hospital. They were very strict about keeping any potential infection out of that part of the hospital and the COVID section was well separated. That meant I couldn't go in, but I understood and was reassured by the strictness of the procedures. She was able to call me to chat and then she discovered the free food and an excellent chef; says it was the best food she's had in years. Like your husband, she hesitated to call the doctor/911 due to COVID concerns. That was a mistake. So now your husband will get his heart issues dealt with in a well protected manner.

So help your husband by keeping calm and assured to reduce his stress, but vent here as much as you need to help reduce your stress; we have your back.

Sue

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Scary stuff, but the hospital stay will be ok. They've had months to figure this out. My mother had a potential stroke (turned out to not be) but spent 2 nights in the hospital in early May. Like you, I was scared of the potential exposure while in the hospital. They were very strict about keeping any potential infection out of that part of the hospital and the COVID section was well separated. That meant I couldn't go in, but I understood and was reassured by the strictness of the procedures. She was able to call me to chat and then she discovered the free food and an excellent chef; says it was the best food she's had in years. Like your husband, she hesitated to call the doctor/911 due to COVID concerns. That was a mistake. So now your husband will get his heart issues dealt with in a well protected manner.

So help your husband by keeping calm and assured to reduce his stress, but vent here as much as you need to help reduce your stress; we have your back.

Sue

Thank you. I am actually a very stoic person. I am my extended family and friend's medical advocate and care giver. Calm and capable. However, tonight I reached a breaking point and expressed it here. I'm thankful for the replies and thoughts.

BTW, was your mother allowed to bring any extra clothing from home to the hospital? I want to have my husband prepared if should have to stay. Things like a phone charger and PJ bottoms under the hospital gown.

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
Thank you. I am actually a very stoic person. I am my extended family and friend's medical advocate and care giver. Calm and capable. However, tonight I reached a breaking point and expressed it here. I'm thankful for the replies and thoughts.

BTW, was your mother allowed to bring any extra clothing from home to the hospital? I want to have my husband prepared if should have to stay. Things like a phone charger and PJ bottoms under the hospital gown.
Yes, but there wasn't time so I brought them in later. I came in at the entrance and they called a nurse who came and got the clothes to take them back. I wasn't allowed outside of a few feet from the entrance. In your case, the PJs are a good idea. Mom's main complaint was being cold and bored. For the rest, keep it simple. It's easy to lose stuff when you are checking out and lose track of the charger in the outlet, etc.

Sue

Monykalyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Theme Park
according to this chart
Depends on which chart-some rank hotel stays higher than others, as well as amusement park visits-Per Brett's chart I've done 12 "low" risk things, and 6 medium risk.
One chart I found had Pontoon boat rides as med high risk!!!
I hear universal is even less busy. I’d like to head back
Going back in August for college drop off and plan on going again. The low crowds are great but Universal cut hours for August. Thinking about a Seaworld pass-haven't been in years and want to try all the new coasters!
I am overwhelmed right now.
I am so sorry! Hope the hubs gets a clean bill of health with minimal intervention required! But I agree hospitals are pretty safe right now as they have the isolation procedures re:covid in place now. If possible-maybe make sure he has his phone on facetime/speaker with you any time a physician etc comes in to explain or give updates? This way you aren't having to translate through your husband, and gives you a chance to ask questions as well. If wishes were horses-well the hospitals would be able to test the family member designated to stay with the patient so patients have the support. I can see how big of a logistics nightmare that would be until rapid result testing is in place.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Going back in August for college drop off and plan on going again. The low crowds are great but Universal cut hours for August. Thinking about a Seaworld pass-haven't been in years and want to try all the new coasters!

I wish. I may go back in September or October. The low crowds have been amazing. I just read they cut hours. I’m hearing sea world isn’t doing the type of job that uni or dis are doing in terms of social distancing.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Bridal shower at the end of June. Only 7 people were wearing masks of the 50 or so that were there. They had a serve yourself food and beverage area. I wore my mask and didn't eat or drink anything. MOB asked me to bring masks, to hand out. Not one was taken. One of the "best" comments I heard was "I was tested 3 weeks ago, I'm fine." Another was "I have a mask, it's in the car."

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

I'm so sorry to get this news. You may remember back (it seems so long ago now) in April when I had to go to an out of town hospital to have my infected pacemaker and it's leads removed and a new one installed. Paula couldn't come into the hospital. I know it was hard on her- the waiting, the uncertainty.

You simply have to put trust in the medical team. They will keep you informed at each step. Make sure they have your contact information. The doc's are very busy, but your husband's nurses will understand how stressful the not knowing can be on loved ones.

He will be in good hands and will come through this better than ever. REALLY!

Jim

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
@Glynda I'm so sorry you and your husband are having to go through this. Take care of yourself.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Trouble is that fear is the code word used by mask deniers and Covid deniers. You say you are cautious yet you attended a dinner with 15 Unmasked people you had never met, sat shoulder to shoulder served by a waitress not wearing a mask. Most of us aren’t fortunate enough to live in an area with so few cases that this is considered safe.

I don’t know one single person including me who is a COVID denier.

One person at that table actually wore a mask uNtil his food was served. No the waitress didn’t. On one side of me was one man and on the other was my husband. Everyone else was at least 3 feet from us, which I consider probably fine. Again that is just me and my comfort level. The guy next to me used hand sanitizer a few times. My husband and I washed our hands after leaving.

I get it that some people would not be comfortable with that scenario. But my opinion is that there are a lot of people that are over the top concerned. How’s that word- “concerned“? How about the word “ worried”? Feel free to substitute whatever word you like.

Meanwhile at the pool today I am the only one spraying the lounge chairs with disinfectant I brought with me and will spray it again when I leave.

I can’t help it that I vacation in a low risk state like VT and live in a state with lower numbers like N.H.

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
It wasn't just the word "fearful". It was "the fearful crowd" and it was posted here.

Very sorry to hear about your husband and I hope he is ok. It’s terrible you can’t be with him. Not good for either of you.

In our state they are working on something - or it’s already in place- so one relative or friend would be “ vetted and cleared” and designated to visit a patient in a hospital or nursing home.

BTW- I used the words fearful crowd as I see it as there are a lot of people I put in this category. Some I know personally and some I do not.

Not to say I don’t understand why. It’s just I am not one of them and my perspective is obviously different.

Last edited:

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don’t know one single person including me who is a COVID denier.

One person at that table actually wore a mask uNtil his food was served. No the waitress didn’t. On one side of me was one man and on the other was my husband. Everyone else was at least 3 feet from us, which I consider probably fine. Again that is just me and my comfort level. The guy next to me used hand sanitizer a few times. My husband and I washed our hands after leaving.

I get it that some people would not be comfortable with that scenario. But my opinion is that there are a lot of people that are over the top concerned. How’s that word- “concerned“? How about the word “ worried”? Feel free to substitute whatever word you like.

Meanwhile at the pool today I am the only one spraying the lounge chairs with disinfectant I brought with me and will spray it again when I leave.

I can’t help it that I vacation in a low risk state like VT and live in a state with lower numbers like N.H.
You said Covid would disappear nov 5 and lots of other statements that led me to make my post

geekette

Reaction score
... I can’t help it that I vacation in a low risk state like VT and live in a state with lower numbers like N.H.

Makes a lot of difference!! I think it also helps that you aren't in the center of the country getting interstate traffic from every direction. Not that the virus can't be imported, but it sounds like people there did what was necessary to stop the epidemic first and fast. Please do enjoy your freedom of movement. Nope, you can't help that you don't live in a virus hot spot! lol
I'm not sure I'd be doing anything differently just now if the virus weren't swirling around us. Mask mandates, grouping maximums, WFH, those are likely to be with us right here for a while. I still can't get a test unless I have symptoms, and I don't want those. I would prefer tests are available for those that must be out and about and those with bigger risks than I have. So, staying put means I don't need a test.

We are too infected for me to sit at a table with anyone for a meal, and definitely not inside. There are plenty of things off limits or ill-advised right now that weren't part of my regular life anyway, so it's not a big deal for me lay low. I was doing that already.

I'm not a person that gets jealous, but I could see how some people that really want to get out and about would be jealous that you can!

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
On one side of me was one man and on the other was my husband. Everyone else was at least 3 feet from us, which I consider probably fine. Again that is just me and my comfort level.

Just so we are clear.

You sat directly next to someone who is not in your household (typically inches away, in a normal table setting). Your husband did the same with someone else. And other people were at least three feet from you.

What science supports your belief that this is acceptable? You are comfortable with this...and I am unclear why. Yet you also say you are not a denier. How do you reconcile these mutually exclusive facts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score

I was in the hospital this summer, unexpectedly. I am sure you can bring in anything. They did charge my phone for me while I slept. I had no one to bring me anything at the hospital. I drove myself home after discharge. they told me to take off my mask when I was in the room. This Monday I had a procedure. I had to wear a mask the entire time. They took off my mask in the operating room to switch me to oxygen. When I awoke, my mask was back on. i had to take the Covid test the Thursday before and then isolate until after my procedure.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
You said Covid would disappear nov 5 and lots of other statements that led me to make my post

I was talking about the hysteria of COVID and the bs that goes along with it like lockdowns and so forth. COVID will not be going away until a vaccine is developed that will eradicate it 100%.

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score

I feel your pain. My husband is a physician in Florida. I know for a fact that the hospitals here have the COVID patients totally isolated from the other patients. I would assume that is happening where you are. I hope this alleviates your distress. I wish him a speedy recovery.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score

When I was in the SLC hospital for 5 days, I had brought an overnight bag with toiletries, fresh undies, my tablet and phone and their chargers. I also brought my CPAP, but they wouldn't allow it's use because I had not been Covid tested ant CPAP does emit the user's exhaled breath into the room. Understandable, but I don't sleep well without it. I had to make do with supplemental O2 via a nasal canula. I also brought my usual and customary meds, but they wouldn't let me use my own- instead they dispensed theirs at a HUGE price! Think $7 for a Tylenol!

All hospitals are different, but you might be able to deliver items he feels he needs to an entrance and they'll take it to his room. I even had my wife drop off a Chick-Fil-A sandwich and they brought it up. Now, back in April, they were holding the entire building where I was in reserve for Covid cases. I was one of 3 patients on an entire floor so I had LOTS of care.

All the best to you and to him!

Jim

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
We haven't done anything I'd consider risky. Haircut for me last month where I stayed outside until she was ready, and then we were both masked and the only two other people there were way across the room. Now that there are no more indoor haircuts again, she may come and cut me in our garage next week. Cliff felt haircut was too risky for him at age 82, so I trimmed him up and he doesn't look half bad. Last week we had our first meal out -- breakfast on a Tuesday under umbrellas in the restaurant parking lot, tables properly distanced. I am probably one of the people the folks on FB complain about reaching over or around them in a grocery store. We are all masked, and sorry I'm not going to wait for you to move away after you read the label on every can you pick up -- I'm going to reach for what I need and move along. The riskiest thing we could be doing is playing our weekly card game, and we haven't done that since early March and quite frankly I think it could be something we don't do again this year. Passing cards around and sitting close to play seems just too risky.