• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What is the highest risk activity you have engaged in during pandemic?

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've seen a few published lists assessing the potential danger level of various activities. Wondering what others consider 'high risk'.

Here's mine:
Have taken 2 short distance airline trips -- felt very safe.
Train ride in roommette -- low risk.

Avoided entering Wal-Mart store with hundreds of cars in lot and a line waiting to get in. -- seemed like a potentially dangerous place.

Had personal contact with my grand-daughter after she attended an 'unprotected' wedding with 100 attendees. Went home and self isolated 14 days. I will put this as my highest risk activity. (Thankfully this was more than a month ago and no report of positive cases.)

Same grand-daughter attended another wedding, this time with masks and sanitizing stations. I was headed out to visit friends, so chose not to be in contact with her.

So, offer me a short airline flight or a visit to Walmart?
I'll fly any day.
Only reason I am limiting to short flight is mask wearing requirement.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I have been to Costco during senior or compromised health hours ONCE. Otherwise hanging indoors with my suppressed immune system.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I've seen a few published lists assessing the potential danger level of various activities. Wondering what others consider 'high risk'.

Here's mine:
Have taken 2 short distance airline trips -- felt very safe.
Train ride in roommette -- low risk.

Avoided entering Wal-Mart store with hundreds of cars in lot and a line waiting to get in. -- seemed like a potentially dangerous place.

Had personal contact with my grand-daughter after she attended an 'unprotected' wedding with 100 attendees. Went home and self isolated 14 days. I will put this as my highest risk activity. (Thankfully this was more than a month ago and no report of positive cases.)

Same grand-daughter attended another wedding, this time with masks and sanitizing stations. I was headed out to visit friends, so chose not to be in contact with her.

I'll fly any day.
Only reason I am limiting to short flight is mask wearing requirement.
What was the experience like in the airport?

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
Truly, every day I go to work at Target, I'm probably at a higher risk. But as I've said, I can't afford to just stay home. So I go.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX

I'll report what a couple of our neighbors told me. They said the plane was almost full yet the airport was like a ghost town.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I'll report what a couple of our neighbors told me. They said the plane was almost full yet the airport was like a ghost town.
Which airport(s)? At this point neither being in a plane, or being in an airport appeal to me.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Imagine being in the 18 to 30+ group and wanting to find a mate. Scares the crap out of me. Can't even make out???

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My first flight, Southwest from Ontario CA (near L.A.) , airport was like a ghost town, flight had less than 50 people, all wore masks. Arrived San Jose -- airport a bit busier. Walked out to curb with my carry on. Sister picked me up. No problem.

Next flight, a month later, flew Southwest from San Diego to San Jose. Social distancing measures and masks required. More people in plane. All window and aisle seats taken. Middle seats open. Still felt okay.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Truly, every day I go to work at Target, I'm probably at a higher risk. But as I've said, I can't afford to just stay home. So I go.
My sympathy is with you. Hard for me to ask you to stay home on your day off when you have this level of risk daily.

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll fly any day.

My risk assessment is very different from yours. I'd walk into 100 Walmarts before I'd get anywhere near a plane right now. At Walmart, you can avoid people and situations that set off your detector. And you can leave lots of room. On a plane, you have no choice but to sit next to whoever has the seat next to you, packed in closely. And don't get me started on the crowding on the jetway!

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
My sympathy is with you. Hard for me to ask you to stay home on your day off when you have this level of risk daily.
THANK YOU. This is why the timeshare trips don't bother me. I can stay in my unit once we're here. I can wash my hands A LOT more than I can during a shift at work, even when we're on the road. I don't have to answer questions from guests who get way too close. I don't have to deal with people who won't mask up. (I can just walk away!) I don't have to handle cash. I don't have to fold things or pick up things that someone else has just touched. Traveling (at least the way we do it) feels loads safer to me than what I'm doing every single workday.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
I am very risk averse! The riskiest things I have done are going to the gym for a couple of weeks in late June, early July when things seemed to be getting a little better only to take a 180 and cases and hospitalizations skyrocketed here in Alabama. Everyone at the gym was social distancing and about half wore masks. I stopped going though because that is one of the riskiest activities. The other thing is just going to Lowes or Home Depot. Why won’t people wear their freaking masks? I go early so it’s not crowded but half or more of the customers, and in some stores the employees, refuse to wear masks. It’s very disturbing.

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Well ... for me it is attending church. While we have moved to 100% outdoors these past two weeks, we were meeting with some indoors (greatly reduced capacity) + some outdoors + some online. I am part of the IT/soundboard team ... so I'm physically fairly close to one other person (not of my household) and we remain inside, although now farther apart.

Oh! And I hugged someone last week after giving a horse-lesson to their grandson.

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
According to Brett's chart, my riskiest activity was getting my hair cut. But barber shops are now shut down in the 2 California counties I'm close to, so I don't know what I'll do next.

We (DW & I) also visit her dad at his independent living facility. But per their rules, we have to schedule it in advance, can see him for at most 30 minutes on their outdoor deck, with everyone wearing masks. The fact that it's outside and limited duration makes it, I think, very safe. Probably safer than the barber.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Attending a ribbon cutting ceremony for a dog park named after my late grandmother.

Going on a guys weekend at a cottage on a lake with 6 of my friends.

dmbrand

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbor Ridge(3)
Coral Sands-Cayman
We also are weekly in church with 100+; working audio/visual plus online video taping for those that stay home. Spurred on by @missyrcrews adventure, we decided to book a couple of nights on Lake Superior this week. Next week is a trip to see daughter in Minnesota. Was looking to get away for a week in Aruba/Cabo end of August, but mom scheduled a hip replacement, so I will be tied up now.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
According to the fearful crowd everything I do is supposedly high risk.

I will tell you the one thing I have not done and that is to be in large crowds of hundreds of people.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Attending a theater performance that was not as well spaced as their promotions had indicated. Where we were seated, we could reach and touch at least a half dozen people without masks. Fingers crossed for 10 more days.

Jim

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Imagine being in the 18 to 30+ group and wanting to find a mate. Scares the crap out of me. Can't even make out???

Sorry, I'm laughing because does that group even call it "making out" anymore? I honestly don't know. Or what about "necking"

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think my highest risk is about to come next month.

My FIL passed in April and they are having his services next month. The church has given the ok for 150 people and then there will be an outdoor repast with that may have more in attendance. I'm already having anxiety attacks about it.