• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What is the current status of Vistana Villages?

PeterS

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are thinking about possibly planning a end of summer/fall trip and we are looking at Orlando.
We are hoping the parks will be closer to normal...

We had stayed at Sheraton Vistana Villages, years ago (about 2003) and considered it an excellent resort, on par to the Marriott and HGVC resorts.
Clean, quiet, beautiful, with great units.

We decided to check reviews to see if anything changed and looked at the TripAdvisor reviews...
Reports of dirty/moldy units, bad smells, repair issues, loud parties, rude guests, and the resort not being responsive in correcting.

I know people with complaints are the most likely to post reviews so I try to read between the lines.... Like, I ignore bad reviews from people with a chip on there shoulder that they didn't get an upgrade to larger unit, just for asking, or was insulted by being asked to attend a presentation.

But still, it seems that the newest reviews seem to be leaning to decline in the resort.

Anyone have any idea of what is the current situation there? Are these issues real?
Does it seem to be caused by the drop in occupancy and will be corrected by the end of summer?

Any insight would be appreciated.... Thanks!

Pete

PeterS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just checked back and over a hundred views but no replies...

Any info would be greatly appreciated...

Pete

Andrearr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Villages (Bella) Vistana
We stayed there in 2019.
two adults no children.
It was pretty spread out. not too crowded.
The duck (poop) situation was pretty bad imo, at the restaurant and around the grounds.
The room was spacious and we cooked a few nights.
We did couple lunches and couple dinners at the bbq pits outside.
There was also a pooping incident at the pool and it had to be evacuated for a number of hours to be resanitized and chemically balanced.
Slight annoyance but we were glad they took it seriously.
hung out in the pool mostly played table tennis.
This was in May.

We ended up buying at VV then rescinded when we found TUG but bought resale (bella)
If you like walking and you have stuff to do off property might not be a bad stay.

Hope that helps.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We have stayed at SVV several times in the last six months. We are going back again in a few weeks. Pretty much everything at the resort is closed. They had reopened the main restaurant for carry-out only when we were there the last time. I think only the gym in St Augustine is open. We haven't had any issues with moldy or damp smelling rooms. We have had issues with people smoking wacky weed on their balconies and elsewhere. The hot subs are open, unlike over at Vistana Resort where all but one is closed. I don't get it, why open just one hot tub? Force everyone into that hot tub when you are trying to promote social distancing. Amelia phase villa have been completely renovated and I know they were working on St Augustine next. So if you go and request Amelia, you shouldn't have any issues that you mention. We always stay in Key West and haven't noticed these issues either.