• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What is the best resale value for Hyatt points?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
After staying at the Hyatt High Sierra, I might need more Hyatt points! What is considered the best resale value for Hyatt points?

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
I assume you mean HRC points?

Pinon Pointe has the lowest overall cost of ownership, followed by Wild Oak Ranch. I wouldn't touch Florida with a 10-foot pole right now. Assessments are coming. My Beach House week has gone from "hold forever" to "wait and see." I don't have much confidence in Florida. If that state was a stock, I'd sell immediately -- even at a loss.

I'll pay my maintenance fee and see if I get anything good. If not, I'll likely sell my gold week for whatever that's currently worth. I could even walk away from it. It owes me nothing.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I assume you mean HRC points?

Pinon Pointe has the lowest overall cost of ownership, followed by Wild Oak Ranch. I wouldn't touch Florida with a 10-foot pole right now. Assessments are coming. My Beach House week has gone from "hold forever" to "wait and see." I don't have much confidence in Florida. If that state was a stock, I'd sell immediately -- even at a loss.

I'll pay my maintenance fee and see if I get anything good. If not, I'll likely sell my gold week for whatever that's currently worth. I could even walk away from it. It owes me nothing.

I'm right there with you, I'm thinking of exiting my Hyatt Beach House and buying at Hyatt Pinon Pointe, as I love the Hyatt system, but I'm a little to heavy in Florida TS's right now and if I want to buy anymore I need to get rid of a few...

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
Now that Marriott is firmly in charge of HRC, I think the prices have gone up to what they were before HRC ever got sold off with ILG. I haven't priced any recently, but recall Pinon Pt was about $7000-8000+ for a platinum 2 bdrm, 2000 pts.

The 2018 year really was such a sweet spot for buying HRC, since almost nothing was ROFR taken during the layoff-transition from HRC to Vistana then Marriott operations.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Now that Marriott is firmly in charge of HRC, I think the prices have gone up to what they were before HRC ever got sold off with ILG. I haven't priced any recently, but recall Pinon Pt was about $7000-8000+ for a platinum 2 bdrm, 2000 pts.

The 2018 year really was such a sweet spot for buying HRC, since almost nothing was ROFR taken during the layoff-transition from HRC to Vistana then Marriott operations.

Oh yes, 2018 was a sweet spot for buying Hyatt, in hindsight I should have bought a 2nd in AZ but since it took forever to get this deal to go thru, I did not pursue it when offered...

SteveinHNL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Denise, as you know, a platinum or diamond week is the best value in Hyatt because MFs for these weeks and points (2200/2000) are the same as MFs for lower point weeks. Pinon Pointe is certainly the best MF for the points in the HRC system, although I am also interested in getting a week at HHS because we would love to go there every year!!

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Piñon Pointe used to be the best value, but wait until 2023 fees are out to see if it's still the case.

Sis8213

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott
Piñon Pointe used to be the best value, but wait until 2023 fees are out to see if it's still the case.
I’m looking at a resale purchas. Have those fee schedules for 2023 come out yet?

Islander7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Bay Club
BHC W 57th
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Marriott Grand Chateau
See maintenance fee Sticky above.

Property-Name: Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Unit-Size: 2BR
Usage: Annual