• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What is the best resale contract you purchased or wish you had?

Manzana

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
National Harbor
CWA
Just for fun I would like to change the subject and talk about some good deals people have gotten. I will tell you the contract I was most excited about and ended up kicking myself for not getting was a 1,385,000 Points PR contract for Sundara Cottages which ended up closing for$3,800 on eBay. I got distracted but man I look back and think if I could have gotten a PR contract that size for under 10k it would have been the biggest steal in my opinion. So what was your best deal that you either got or didn’t?

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I got a Margaritaville contract for free. I'm selling it because I'm taking on a large contract and that one is not doing anything for me. I will walk away with $400. That's about five and a half months' worth of maintenance fees for that contract. As long as the transfer finished before then, I will at least break even. Not bad for free. I did get a 308,000 point contract for $1. It was Branson. At the time I needed a lot of points. I have since given it away (the buyer paid all the fees), and replaced it with Bali Hai, Canterbury, and Bay Club that have lower fees then Branson. They cost more, but the maintenance fee savings will make up for the upfront costs. I should have used Ovations for Branson or asked the buyer to pay the maintenance fees for the time it took, to transfer the points. That one cost me $177 a month, and it was about a five-month process from start to finish. Wyndham had it for 12 weeks.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
About 13 years ago we acquired a Gold (60k Points) RVC/Club Regina for less than 10% of the Retail Cost on Ebay. After using it for several years we upgraded at the RVC/Club Regina at Cancun to a Platinum (90k Points). We negociated for several hours. We finally settled on "X" price. Then we traded in our Gold Account for full then current retail. So our actual outlay for the Platinum Account was about $3,500. $1,700 for the original Ebay purchase and an additional $1,800 at time of upgrade.

I still regret letting a friend have the Account for about $1k. But she loves it. She primarily uses it to go to Cabo in January or February with her Pinochle friends. They sit on the Patio and watch the whales.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
In the last 18 moths on eBay I purchased:
Bali Hai 1.1 million point UDI contract for $4,000 all in
Bali Hai 775,000 point UDI contract for $4,000 all in
Canterbury 850,000 point UDI contract for $3,500 all in
All have transferred into our account.

The one I didn’t get was the 1 million Canterbury UDI a little over a month ago for $4,730 all in. Listing said first use was 2021 so maybe there wasn’t any 2020 points or they didn’t want to guarantee that it would transfer in 2020 due to the virus.
I was the first loser on it, but I have too many points anyway!! lol

Last edited:

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Best and Most Difficult to Secure:

Week 50 - Vanderbilt Beach & Harbor Club

Week 33 & 34 - Pinestead Reef Resort

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have had a lot of luck with Grand Desert deeds. You can always find them relatively cheap and they were easily desposed of after using current use year points. Bonnet Creek has also worked out well for me. Buying in fall you can find them for close to nothing. Even with a higher maintenance fee they had a higher resale value then most. Maintenance fees were not a issue for me as I never held a deed for longer then 6 months and the selling price ussually covered the maintenance fees paid during the time I owned them. Deeds that transfered in late Nov or Dec with current use year points were most beneficial. These paid off with double the number of points. Currently I am waiting on the transfer of a 5000 point Worldmark with a July use year and all points available. I recieved this for free from Timeshare Nation.

Last edited:

capital city

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City 520k

Club Access 801k
I got a Margaritaville contract for free. I'm selling it because I'm taking on a large contract and that one is not doing anything for me. I will walk away with $400. That's about five and a half months' worth of maintenance fees for that contract. As long as the transfer finished before then, I will at least break even. Not bad for free. I did get a 308,000 point contract for $1. It was Branson. At the time I needed a lot of points. I have since given it away (the buyer paid all the fees), and replaced it with Bali Hai, Canterbury, and Bay Club that have lower fees then Branson. They cost more, but the maintenance fee savings will make up for the upfront costs. I should have used Ovations for Branson or asked the buyer to pay the maintenance fees for the time it took, to transfer the points. That one cost me $177 a month, and it was about a five-month process from start to finish. Wyndham had it for 12 weeks.

Have you already sold the Margaritaville contract? Thats one that I feel I need to add

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
Was able to buy a 2-bedroom unit in New Orleans for Mardi Gras week for $200 all-in off eBay. It wasn't marketed well, simply said "week 9".

mvmess

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Canyon Villas, Marriott Waiohai Beach Club, Marriott Maui Ocean Club, Destination Points,
In a one month period of time I purchased a one week EOY Marriott Waiohai Beach Club for $3,500 and a one week EY Maui Ocean Club, OV for $1,000.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Before I purchased Grand Pacific Palisades I came across a free Carlsbad Inn. It went quick, I was second in line. The owner, who had it many years, said that she wished it had gone to my family of four, with two young sons, instead of the one who got it. Unfortunately, it had already been committed to the other party and I was left out. Can’t say for sure but I think who got it turned around and flipped it for a profit.

Edited: Never mind, I now see that this is in the Wyndham forum. Would make a nice thread for any timeshare though.

Last edited:

harveyhaddixfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Before I purchased Grand Pacific Palisades I came across a free Carlsbad Inn. It went quick, I was second in line. The owner, who had it many years, said that she wished it had gone to my family of four, with two young sons, instead of the one who got it. Unfortunately, it had already been committed to the other party and I was left out. Can’t say for sure but I think who got it turned around and flipped it for a profit.

Edited: Never mind, I now see that this is in the Wyndham forum. Would make a nice thread for any timeshare though.

I stayed there in December. Awesome location. Makes me wish I owned there or had an easier way to book it since it’s 1 in 4 with RCI.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark

Agree. I will start a non-Wyndham thread in the buying/selling section of the forums if someone hasn't already done so.

qwerty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Olympic Village Inn winter ski weeks are still being given away for free!

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
My best was buying a Monarch (HHI) Crown Suite for $25,000 many years ago. We used it for 5 or 6 years and sold it for $42,000 less the 20% commission we paid Marriott to sell it for us...

George

NHpauls

TUG Member
Reaction score
I couldn’t believe our luck to get a huge 3 bdroom at Smuggs during 4th of July week for free. The family resort is voted best in New England year after year. It has amazing day-camps for kids, private pools at each grouping of units, and big pools with huge slides for the whole resort. Our first use was “free” and it was prime foliage week in Vermont! Amazing! We’ve had wonderful family vacations with our triplet grandsons and their folks. I count my lucky stars.
Our other deal was buying early into Lake George Lodges in upper state NY. The units are now selling for almost 3 times what we paid. We aren’t selling yet since we love to go there but knowing the value keeps rising .... well, that can’t be bad in the timeshare world.

Manzana

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
National Harbor
CWA

I don’t mind any good deal is nice to see. Good to know that diamonds can be found if patient.

dogsbreath

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy Resort. Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, Florida.
I was under the impression that selling timeshares was impossible? How easy is it for people to put their timeshare up for sale? I have one in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. Legacy Resort World. Would that be easy to sell? Thank you

kc01075

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had the opportunity to purchase 1,000,000 points at Wyndham at Bonnet Creek for $10,000 and my wife thought we didn't need any more points.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I had the opportunity to purchase 1,000,000 points at Wyndham at Bonnet Creek for $10,000 and my wife thought we didn't need any more points.

There's a 917K contract on eBay for $1,999 buy it now or starting bid at $999....

CCdad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
There's a 917K contract on eBay for $1,999 buy it now or starting bid at $999....

My how the resale points market has changed since COVID-19.

Where some brokers could command a fixed starting price plus expect for immediate MF assumption and closing costs to they’re now dropping the price and charging very reasonable closing costs while removing the immediate MF assumption.

Very desirable Wyndham resale points contracts have been made available recently in all size ranges for either free up to less than $5 per 1K.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I was under the impression that selling timeshares was impossible? How easy is it for people to put their timeshare up for sale? I have one in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. Legacy Resort World. Would that be easy to sell? Thank you

“Selling” the timeshare doesn’t always mean making money. Check your timeshare’s worth with eBay’s closed suctions. You will likely find that most are given away, sometimes with closing costs paid by the seller (I haven’t looked at eBay for your specific timeshare).

There are exit companies out that that will lie by stating that timeshares can’t be sold. They say that because they want to charge someone thousands of dollars to “help” them out of the timeshare. if you want out you can do it yourself and save thousands of dollars, even if you pay the closing costs. There are companies highly rated by members of TUG that can handle all the paperwork for you for minimal cost. It really is pretty easy if you find someone that wants to take over your timeshare.

Before you do anything, check with the resort to see if they will accept a deed back. Worst that they say would be no. Also, check out the “how to sell your timeshare” thread below.

TAG

TUG Member
Reaction score
we got an Eagle Crest (Oregon) floating red week, plus 10 years RCI, plus 2 banked weeks, and 2 years pre-paid maintenance fees for $1. Sold it for $5, kept the extras.