• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What is my chance of trading into HHI for this summer

abg1688

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just put in request today to trade my 2BR Aruba Surf Club (week 33) to any Marriott HHI unit (week 30-34). Is it even possible at this point?

EKniager

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's possible, but week #33 is not exactly a high demand week in Aruba. My guess is that you will get Harbour Point or Sunset Pointe. They are not on the beach and tend to be easier to trade into.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Peoples plans change. I think your chances are very good, especially for week 33 or 34. But it may not be before air fares rise more.

I would even eliminate any resort that you do not want.

abg1688

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the comments. How do you like Harbor Club? I read mixed reviews online.

jdunn1

TUG Member
Reaction score
A tugger from England just posted last week or maybe it was earlier this week about getting Grande Ocean for late July using his 2 bedroom Orlando Harbor Point week. Had that tugger not posted his successfull trade, I would have never dreampt it possible to trade an inland platinum marriott week for a prime summer Hilton Head week, so you just never know.

I know from last year, some tuggers were able to trade into the Carolina marriotts for late August. I think most of those success stories were very close to flex time, but they still got in.

I'm thinking that because you gave up a two bedroom, you might be successfull. II is big on like size exchanges, and then weight is given for the season your deposit falls in. That has been my experience, anyway.

Good luck, but the Carolinas are so hard to trade into over the summer. So many owners use their weeks and those who do not tend to rent them. But, this year is not looking so good for rentals. Some owners were lucky and were able to rent their summer 2012 weeks by now, but there are so many summer weeks available for rent right now on redweek and tug and myresort network that there is no way many of them will ever get rented. That will either mean the owners will use their week or maybe, they will get deposited into II.

...and I have never stayed at any of the Marriotts in Hilton Head (will be at Surfwatch for Easter, though) but I have stayed at the Disney resort, which is in the same area as the non beach front Marriotts. The two Marriott's not on the beach are in a fantastic part of the island. Lots to walk to and bike ride to. It is a very fun and relaxing part of the island. But those resorts do not have great pools or lots of activities like the beach front Marriotts. With that said, I would stay at one of the two non beach Marriott resorts if it came down to those resorts or nothing. The bike ride to the beach, which can't be any worse than the bike ride from the Disney resort was neat. In the heat of the summer, maybe it wouldn't be so neat, but...

Last edited:

EKniager

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the comments. How do you like Harbor Club? I read mixed reviews online.

Putting it into perspective, it's just my wife and I so we do not need a huge resort with things for the kids. And, even though we do go to the beach every other day when in Aruba, we are not really beach people. The location is quite fine for us. We really enjoyed our stay at Harbour Club last March (traded our little Aruba lockoff for it). So much so, we bought the Memorial Day week from another Tugger!

As someone else said, the location is great. It is near the middle of the island, near the marina and close to Palmetto Dunes. Additionally, we love the sunrise and sunset along Broad Creek. The colors are terrific. Granted we have only stayed there once, but we found the service to be excellent and the employees very friendly.

Another thing about our perspective is that we were just looking for a drivable, relaxing getaway for the spring or the fall and a place where we could read, golf, bike, explore, and eat well without fighting crowds. Harbour Point meets those needs and we are looking forward to our next visit to HHI in October 2013.

We have not been there during the summer (and have no plans to), so my comments here may not be of much help to you.

ScubaKat

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think you should be fine with weeks 33 or 34 at HHI... I had a confirmation for a week 33 Surfwatch that was matched with our 1 BR two days ago... I ended up canceling it.

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point

Just for clarification, did you mean Harbour Club or Harbour Point? Harbour Club is located in Harbour Town in the Sea Pines area. Harbour Point is on the same property as Sunset Pointe and is in the Shelter Cove area. They are often confused.

Ray

abg1688

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just for clarification, did you mean Harbour Club or Harbour Point? Harbour Club is located in Harbour Town in the Sea Pines area. Harbour Point is on the same property as Sunset Pointe and is in the Shelter Cove area. They are often confused.

Ray

I was asking about Harbour Club, as I was not able to find much discussion on this resort. Thanks!

abg1688

TUG Member
Reaction score
Surprisingly, I received the trade to 2-BR Surfwatch (week 33) today. However, DH only wants Grande Ocean. Now I wonder what our chance is of getting the trade into Grande Ocean. :confused: