• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What is favorite present Santa brought you this year?

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ours was seeing the spiritual growth our daughter has taken on her own. :)

On a materialistic note, I got a Spa certificate :p

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Love.

From my family, with phone calls and precious non-commercial gifts of meaning.

From my neighbors who have gone out of their way to be "good neighbors" during my current back surgery recuperation. My next door neighbors rang my doorbell at 8:30 this morning with Christmas goodies.

From friends here in Sun City who have brought tears to my eyes on so many occasions in recent weeks.

From friends afar who dropped by this past Sunday for a special visit.

Janette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our son gave all of us web cams so we have been able to "be with" all our children and grandchildren today. It was great to throw and receive kisses from Georgia to Maine.

summervaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Spending the week at a resort with my husband and three kids. Time is the greatest commodity.

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Relaxing without the usual holiday stress. Low-key tree, not too many presents. A very good holiday dinner and everything was microwaveable!

I gave DH a bunch of restaurant.com certificates, thanks to the earlier post on this. He seemed pretty puzzled as he kept opening cards with them folded up inside :D but next week when we use them in Williamsburg I think he'll appreciate them.

My favorite present is the Mama Mia! movie - just watched it and even though I already saw it about 3x in the theater, I still found new parts I had missed! Besides the movie itself, having us all together laughing was great. The DVD we got has a selection with the director's comments. I'm looking forward to that part tomorrow. I know, I know - I'm a real nut about that movie.

I also got a bamboo steamer. I wanted one after ordering steamed spinach and chicken at a Chinese restaurant awhile ago - now I have to figure out how to use it!

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I got a Sony ebook from my son. It is the neatest thing. It comes with 100 free downloads and will hold up to 80 at a time. No more hauling 8-10 books on vacation - just one slim little ebook. It also has 3 print sizes - makes it easy to read.

DS also downloaded 10 of his favorite classics - it was interesting to see what he selected , I was very impressed (he is 21). I am reading the Count of Monte Christo now - it is one of his favorites.

jlr10

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received a book on cardmaking formats. I had seen it earlier in the year but forgot the title of the book and I saw it. So I couldn't ask Santa, or anyone else, to give it to me. A good friend researched what I had been doing lately to see what I would like. She then tracked down the exact book what I wanted and ordered it for me. It was extra special to get something I really wanted that I hadn't told anyone about. Almost made me believe in Santa again!

But the best gift was just spending time with my family and a visit to friends. After losing my job this fall we knew material Christmas gifts would be very slight this year. Because of that we were able to really see the blessings of family and good friends. There really is no gift that can top that!

pcgirl54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
Great family holiday! Having my sons and their girlfriends home. One son brought his girlfriend and the new 9 week old Westie puppy he bought her for Christmas. That puppy looks like a little fluffy teddy bear. As a pet lover I am in heaven.

Had a family party Christmas Eve with our extended family including my 88 yr old auntie and my 90 yr old Dad.We did a Yankee Swap for the first time and it was all great fun!

On the materialistic side-our sons bought us a new Tivo. Our hardrive was going for on the current unit the past two months and finally died Christmas Eve day. I did not know that the hard drive only lasts 2-3 years. Got the first one 3 yrs ago at Christmas. Just love my Tivo!

Also got the newest Nicholas Sparks book to take on the next trip to Hilton Head Island. Perfect vacation book.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
My DH pulled a pretty funny joke on me. He and I always exchange gifts on Christmas Eve. So last night he gave me an electric toothbrush, a coffee maker, and some jeans and sweaters for Christmas. I thanked him nicely, but inside I was thinking it was so unromantic to get a coffee maker and an electric toothbrush for Christmas! :rolleyes:

Anyway, we drove up to Tahoe this afternoon and stopped to stretch and get something to drink. When I got back in the car, there was a gift wrapped box from a jewelry store sitting on my seat! He totally set me up with the electric toothbrush and coffee maker and boy did I fall for it! :hysterical:

Icc5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hard to get

The past 3-4 years my wife has gone out and got things that she knew I wouldn't have a use for only because we really don't have any needs for gifts that we don't buy at the time so she ends up taking them back to get me something else which never happens so this year even though it is not needed she got me a new laptop. This one I'm keeping. I'll teach her.
Now, waiting to see who's credit card it is on?
Bart

JoAnn

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Just having DH still with us after all he has been through this last year and a half, and having a great day with our 3 adult "kids", who all live with us or near by. :cheer:

Jaybee

TUG Member
Reaction score
What a lovely idea! I wish I'd thought of that. What fun!
Happy after! Jean

Our son gave all of us web cams so we have been able to "be with" all our children and grandchildren today. It was great to throw and receive kisses from Georgia to Maine.

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
Peace. For the last couple of years, our teen daughters seemed to spend much of their time fighting or fuming at each other. This year our oldest was off at college for the fall, and the youngest has matured some and better learned to control her frustrations. So we've had a relatively peaceful week with us all together. It's been lovely, and so much less stressful for me.

My favorite gift - several pairs of cute new socks. Since I don't need to dress to go to a job now, I can wear all the funny, odd socks. It starts y day with a smile when I get to decide whether to wear the ones with red-nosed reindeer or the snowmen!

Icarus

TUG Member
Reaction score
My favorite gift was something my former step-daughter did. She's 24 and her mom and I are divorced, but she decided to scan in a bunch of pictures she found of my daughter, (some of me, some of her, etc) and put them on an sd card for me. She also put some new pictures there.

I posted them here: http://picasaweb.google.com/dmkahn/SarahByVanessa

What a nice gift.

-David

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
The eldest and family caused 50 trees to be planted in our name. Last year they sent us a DVD of their youngsters that they had taken all year. The youngest and family are enroute to our house from California, notwithstanding the weather/road conditions. I advised against it but there's no discouraging these kids.

My fingers crossed.....

Jim Ricks

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
Pictures of all the grandkids. 3 of them weren't here for Christmas. :bawl: It was lots of fun watching my almost 2 yr old grandson open his gifts. It's so nice to have little kids in the family again.

I also got several bottles of wine. I guess that's to keep me warm this winter!

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
The best gift was having all our kids home and getting to spend lots of fun time with them. They also gave us the complete series DVD set of Seinfeld and I know we'll have hours of laughter from that.

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
My favorite gift was something my former step-daughter did. She's 24 and her mom and I are divorced, but she decided to scan in a bunch of pictures she found of my daughter, (some of me, some of her, etc) and put them on an sd card for me. She also put some new pictures there.

I posted them here: http://picasaweb.google.com/dmkahn/SarahByVanessa

What a nice gift.

-David

Thank you for sharing that very special gift with us. I am sure you were touched deeply by this wonderful gift. :)

applegirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I already have what I want for Christmas; a wonderful husband and two beautiful kids, now 5 and 2. Just watching them have fun is gift enough!

Plus we're all healthy, so that's wonderful too.

Janna

shmoore

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our wonderful daughter arranged a family reunion for the week before Christmas. Twenty of us, ages one to seventy five, gathered together in two lodges at Natural Tunnel State Park. Some of us drove nine hours and some only thirty minutes. We ate, laughed, ate, giggled, ate, walked, ate, slept and thoroughly enjoyed each others company. My sister and I looked at each other with our families around us and together we said, "This is Christmas." Thank you, dear Marci.:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Liz Wolf-Spada

TUG Member
Reaction score
My son's face when I bought him the camera he wanted and couldn't possibly buy on his own. (I told him that was it on big presents for a while)
Liz

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Our son and his new bride are on an Air Force base and spending their first Christmas alone. At the last minute he had the idea to hook up webcams. The other kids spent quite a bit of time getting it all set up right, and it worked. It was just like the two were home with us. It made Christmas Eve so special.

Mom2MNEm

TUG Member
Reaction score
My DH pulled a pretty funny joke on me. He and I always exchange gifts on Christmas Eve. So last night he gave me an electric toothbrush, a coffee maker, and some jeans and sweaters for Christmas. I thanked him nicely, but inside I was thinking it was so unromantic to get a coffee maker and an electric toothbrush for Christmas! :rolleyes:

LOL. That is a typical christmas for me. Except the coffee maker part--don't drink coffee. I usually get a digital camera--because my hubby decides the old one no longer suits HIS needs. Or I get cookwear, or some other appliance etc.....
So this year I got smart. Everytime I wanted to buy myself something, I e-mailed it to DH with a note about what a great x-mas gift it would be. Some Vera Bradley items, a wish list at the Brighton store....... Yeah that
worked........I got a Scooba to go with the Roomba he got me last year.

Lisa

Last edited by a moderator: