• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What is Crystal Shores at Marco Island like in mid-August?

maryk

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are thinking of going to Crystal shores at Marco Island in mid-August. What is the resort like then?

How updated is the resort?
Do they have onsite pool bar?

thx - Maryk

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Resort will be great. The island will be quiet that time of the year.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Definitely hot, and definitely quiet, Hopefully no hurricanes!

The Resort is ultra modern, and in great condition with multiple pools and a vast gulf beach. And, they do have two on site pool bars (one is far better than the other).

maryk

TUG Member
Reaction score
By quiet does that just mean not a lot of traffic or places are closed due to not pick season?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
There isn't a lot of traffic, even during the busy months.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Will there be plenty to do to keep 24yr olds happy?

There is a plaza just across across the street from the resort with several restaurants, bar, dine in movie theatre.

You can also walk up the beach to other resorts including the JW Marriott which has restaurants including a craft beer/ bourbon bowling alley/game room.

My family and I love Crystal Shores- might be my favorite MVC. I have never been in summer.

Last edited:

n777lt

TUG Member
Reaction score
[A slightly dissenting vote - not whether to go, because it is a nice quiet property, right on a pristine beach, with a number of casual and upscale dining options nearby. But I find the property rather dowdy, and the staff less friendly and professional than the usual MVCI standard, so don't be surprised by that.] 24 year olds (and others!) may enjoy kayaking and waverunning nearby, and there are the Everglades to explore by boat or car/foot...though August might be a bit hot and sticky for that. There are probably fishing excursions as well, but I've never looked into that. Bottom line - I'm sure you'll all have a good time!