• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What is best way to reserve my Aruba Ocean club week ?

mkd44

Reaction score
What is best way to reserve my platinum week at Aruba Ocean Club ? Is it by calling the 800 number at 9am EST on "opening" day or online with the computer. I was shut out last year trying to get Christmas week. Will try again this year.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
What is best way to reserve my platinum week at Aruba Ocean Club ? Is it by calling the 800 number at 9am EST on "opening" day or online with the computer. I was shut out last year trying to get Christmas week. Will try again this year.

First thing, make absolutely sure of the first day that you'll be able to make a reservation for the week you want. (Here is Aruba Ocean Club's Call-In Date calendar.) And yes, be armed and ready when the phone lines open at 9AM eastern.

I've found with help from other TUGgers that it is easier and quicker to use the online portal at my-vacationclub.com, but I still at the same time call in to Owner Services and get in that queue. I get the website ready a few minutes before by opening up and clicking through as far as the calendar. I call Owner Services when it's open the previous day to figure out the current prompts so that I don't have to listen to them and waste time that morning. Doing those things will get you a few steps into the process when the window opens and should help you be one of the first in line. Good luck!

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score

I would try both simultaneously. Look at the calendar and start calling about 3 minutes early and then as you are hear that they are closed hang up and hit redial. We own 3 platinum weeks there and we always go wks 51 and 52. Using the 3 consecutive weeks, I cannot use the on-line feature. Unfortunately we bought our 3rd week because we had trouble getting 51 and 52 with only two weeks. If you have any other questions send me a PM.

mkd44

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the tips....it worked and I got it!!