• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What is an RCI "Extra Vacation"?

In The Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello

I'm reading my RCI catalog and the info online, but I don't have my ID number yet so I can't sign onto RCI... therefore my information is limited. The website says that as an RCI Points Member "you can take advantage of RCI's Extra Vacations and Last Call. These are special resort vacations offered exclusively to members. Extra Vacations can be booked 3-365 days prior to check-in without using any of your RCI points."

I know what Last Call is, but can somebody please explain how Extra Vacations works?!?!

Thanks.

Last edited:

geekette

Reaction score
Extra Vacations and Last Call are the same general concept: you can get other weeks without having to deposit. It's cash-only.

EV are available farther out - I don't recall if it's a year or 2. They range in price, depending on the usual supply and demand factors. I forget the minimum, but I'm thinking $200.

You can also buy guest certificates to give a week to someone else.

In The Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
I knew about the guest certificates and Last Call. What you're saying is that the Extra Vacations are a little more $ than Last Call but can be booked a little further out.

Thanks for the response.

Deer Path

TUG Member
Reaction score
Extra Vacations can be booked up to a year in advance. That is how far out you can search.

If you have received any RCI bonus week certificates from your resort you can use them to book anything that shows up with a price of $500 or less for the fee on your certificate (usually $149). You have to call RCI to book them. Some resorts like El Cid ask you to call them to book your bonus weeks. But you certainly can search in RCI to see availability.

WE have used a few of ours. One for a 3BR at Lake of the Ozarks in Oct.2005 and another for Branson. There is always availability in Branson. It was worth it even if we did not use the whole week.

Even if you do not have bonus weeks to use sometimes the prices are very reasonable.

Judy