• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What I Did at Home Today...

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Over the years (before streaming), we accumulated ~250 DVD's and blu-ray movie discs.
We'd kept the DVD's separate from BD's to save space, as the BD case sizes were shorter.

However, today, I had decided that we might as well combine them. So, today...
I spent about five hours adjusting shelves, moving 'em around and re-alphabetizing.
I managed to find several duplicates and one triplicate.
------------------
Tomorrow, I think I'll tackle my filing system. I can barely contain my excitement.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Over the years (before streaming), we accumulated ~250 DVD's and blu-ray movie discs.
We'd kept the DVD's separate from BD's to save space, as the BD case sizes were shorter.

However, today, I had decided that we might as well combine them. So, today...
I spent about five hours adjusting shelves, moving 'em around and re-alphabetizing.
I managed to find several duplicates and one triplicate.
------------------
Tomorrow, I think I'll tackle my filing system. I can barely contain my excitement.
I’m curious. Do you still actually watch them? I kept old 45’s, albums, cd’s, dvd’s for a lot of years, but as time passed and I no longer even had anything to play them on, I would take them to the local charity store so they could sell them and, hopefully, get some money out of them. So, do you actually watch yours, or are you a collector?

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Great project. I've been converting our DVD library to digital media for a few years now. The films are now available on our home network, and can be played on any TV in the house, not just the room where the DVD player is.

Dave

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
My project for today will be to inventory the contents in the chest freezer in our garage. With the quarantine going on, we've been using more from the freezer, and it's getting to be the wild west in there. As upper-level items are being replaced, I have no idea what's on the lower levels. The plan is to inventory things while rearranging everything, and make a check list to hang on the wall next to the freezer. As something is used, it can be crossed off the list. That way, when making a shopping list, those items we've used the last of can be replaced. In theory, it's a great system. We'll see if it works out. :)

Dave

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m curious. Do you still actually watch them? I kept old 45’s, albums, cd’s, dvd’s for a lot of years, but as time passed and I no longer even had anything to play them on, I would take them to the local charity store so they could sell them and, hopefully, get some money out of them. So, do you actually watch yours, or are you a collector?
Yes i have recorded about 450 DVD;s and have recently started collecting VHS movies again. I still have have two nice working VCR's and have picked up several more at thrift store for 20$ or under as spares. No streaming needed here.

Brett

Reaction score
I have no DVD's and CDs (other than family pics & videos) -- all gone

I did spend time in the vegetable garden, trimmed trees, walked 3 miles, read and ate lunch .... so productive :)

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I’m curious. ...So, do you actually watch yours, or are you a collector?

I never watch 'em. Many are now shown on cable TV, Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.
I was trying to make 'em less obtrusive, and look more like wallpaper.
But DW likes to drag selection of 8-10 along on trips & cruises to watch.
She has a stand-alone DVD player with a car plug.

-------------------------------------
Many of my docs now sit in piles on a bed behind my desk.
I've scanned some to PDF's, so I'll do more of that.
But I also have to pull what's left in the cabinet to see what's there.
Tomorrow is another day.

Last edited:

nomoretslt

Reaction score
My project for today will be to inventory the contents in the chest freezer in our garage. With the quarantine going on, we've been using more from the freezer, and it's getting to be the wild west in there. As upper-level items are being replaced, I have no idea what's on the lower levels. The plan is to inventory things while rearranging everything, and make a check list to hang on the wall next to the freezer. As something is used, it can be crossed off the list. That way, when making a shopping list, those items we've used the last of can be replaced. In theory, it's a great system. We'll see if it works out. :)

Dave

We’ve been doing this for years. I have different categories—-beef, poultry, seafood, vegetables, broth. Then subcategories steaks, ground, cubes, well you get the idea. Frozen veggies are sub categorized too. I have a typed listed saved on the computer so I can print out when the one on the door of the freezer gets to messy. With a pencil, I will mark next to each category how may I have, and where it’s located.... 2 ground beef, 2nd shelf, left side. You get the idea. It’s a lifesaver!

When you start unpacking, have some ice chests ready to place the items into, and wear gloves.

Have fun.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
We’ve been doing this for years. I have different categories—-beef, poultry, seafood, vegetables, broth. Then subcategories steaks, ground, cubes, well you get the idea. Frozen veggies are sub categorized too. I have a typed listed saved on the computer so I can print out when the one on the door of the freezer gets to messy. With a pencil, I will mark next to each category how may I have, and where it’s located.... 2 ground beef, 2nd shelf, left side. You get the idea. It’s a lifesaver!

When you start unpacking, have some ice chests ready to place the items into, and wear gloves.

Have fun.

Thanks for the tips! This is something we've wanted to do for awhile, but haven't really had a need. Now, since we're eating things from this freezer most of the time, it's a really necessary task.

Dave

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I am still working using Zoom so many of my days are filled with work.

tompalm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got rid of all my CDs and DVDs several years ago. Last year, I unplugged my DVD player and put it in the closet right next to my VHS player. Not sure why I keep them, but still have some movies of my son when he was a kid that I might want to watch someday.

what I did for the last month...
1. After watching too much news and getting scared, I made a detailed estate plan for my wife to follow that included all paperwork and phone numbers for military benefits, pension information, updated our trust, passwords, and everything she needed to know in a small package. That took several days.
2. Completed my tax return for 2019
3. Wash and waxed my cars
4. drove around the island one day
5. edited 7000 pictures on my computer and put them on my iPad and iPhone. That took several days.
6. watched a whole lot of Netflix and Prime video

Last edited:

geoand

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I got up about 8:30 am and walked into our main room (TV, Kitchen) and sat down and listened to one of the latest Prey novels by John Sanford, had breakfast about 9:30, finished the Lindt chocolate bar from last night. Listened to novel until about 2:00. Had lunch and for a bit of variety played online Spades for a couple of hours. Listened to more of the novel. Just finished dinner. Novel is done. Will commence watching a British show using Acorn in about 1/2 hour. Will also watch The Voice tonight. As I was listening to novel, I also watched the flat screen displaying our vacation photos.

Today was a real busy day. Forgot to mention that I hauled in a box from Costco about 1:00. It was TP.

I am exhausted :ROFLMAO:

Ralph Sir Edward

TUG Member
Reaction score
Over 2,000 DVDs and Blu-rays - and yes, I watch them. This evening was a TV show night, Season 4 Deep Space Nine, last episode of Season 6 'Allo 'Allo, and a season 2 Man From Uncle.

Tomorrow will be movie night. TBD. . .

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Dave, we’ve done the chest freezer inventory about once every two years or so...it works for about three-four months, and then we stop maintaining it. Hope you are more consistent than we are!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
I got up about 8:30 am and walked into our main room (TV, Kitchen) and sat down and listened to one of the latest Prey novels by John Sanford, had breakfast about 9:30, finished the Lindt chocolate bar from last night. Listened to novel until about 2:00. Had lunch and for a bit of variety played online Spades for a couple of hours. Listened to more of the novel. Just finished dinner. Novel is done. Will commence watching a British show using Acorn in about 1/2 hour. Will also watch The Voice tonight. As I was listening to novel, I also watched the flat screen displaying our vacation photos.

Today was a real busy day. Forgot to mention that I hauled in a box from Costco about 1:00. It was TP.

I am exhausted :ROFLMAO:

Geo, hearing about days like this make me glad I’m still working (from home) and haven’t retired yet! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ralph Sir Edward

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow! You could open a Blockbuster.
-----------------------------------------

This is what got my attention. Dark chocolate?

Not as strange as it may seem. I started buying DVD's in 1998 (an early adopter). I had decided to build a video library, just like I had built a book library, and a music library. 2,000 DVD's divided by 20 years is 100 a year, or around 8 a month. almost always got them for under $20 a title. Say $150 a month. Started buying TV titles in a big way 10 years ago of so, when I could get big multi season blocks for (relative) peanuts. 11seasons of M*A*S*H for $75, the complete I Dream Of Jeanie for under $30, same for Bewitched, Married With Children, and others. (A few days ago, I saw Deep Space Nine complete for $80.)

I haven't had cable (or its equivalent) in many years. I have gotten to really enjoy watch video entertainment without any commercials. I can't stand commercials nowadays. I estimate I've spend a little over $20,000 over the years. Many TUGGERs have spent that much (or more) on vacations, over 20 years. To each their own. . . .

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
I'm still working on site so this is what I did on Sunday. Decided to tackle our "office" which BTW is also the dog's bedroom. I started going through all the piles of paperwork. DH is really good at making piles of paperwork and telling me they're mine. So after I went through all the piles around the room including several boxes of random receipts. I decided to clear out old tax files. I found his tax files (we've been together since 2003) back to 1992! So the shredders got a work out on Sunday. (We have two because of the combined households and I didn't goodwill the old one) We ended up with 4 13-gallon trash bags of shredded material and half filled our recycle container which was just emptied last Thursday. The dog's bedroom looks much nicer.

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Not as strange as it may seem. I started buying DVD's in 1998 (an early adopter). I had decided to build a video library, just like I had built a book library, and a music library. 2,000 DVD's divided by 20 years is 100 a year, or around 8 a month. almost always got them for under $20 a title. Say $150 a month. Started buying TV titles in a big way 10 years ago of so, when I could get big multi season blocks for (relative) peanuts. 11seasons of M*A*S*H for $75, the complete I Dream Of Jeanie for under $30, same for Bewitched, Married With Children, and others. (A few days ago, I saw Deep Space Nine complete for $80.)

I haven't had cable (or its equivalent) in many years. I have gotten to really enjoy watch video entertainment without any commercials. I can't stand commercials nowadays. I estimate I've spend a little over $20,000 over the years. Many TUGGERs have spent that much (or more) on vacations, over 20 years. To each their own. . . .
I hate commercials Too, even cable tv has ben ruined, used to be great.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Dave, we’ve done the chest freezer inventory about once every two years or so...it works for about three-four months, and then we stop maintaining it. Hope you are more consistent than we are!

One of my life goals is to try to finish the things I start. I'm absolutely great at starting things. After that, well... :D

Dave

Ralph Sir Edward

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hate commercials Too, even cable tv has ben ruined, used to be great.

Here's the economics of a DVD TV show. I'll use Deep Space Nine as an example. Available at Amazon at $80 for the complete set. That is 176 episodes on 47 discs. Cost per near 1 hour episode - 45 cent an episode. It's worth 45 cents to not have to watch a commercial. (Cost per disc is $1.70 a disc).

I bought MASH a while back at $75. That is 29 cents an episode (or 58 cent for 2 episodes, the equivalent length of a "1 hour" show.)

I have a book of shows/discs and the case they are in. I pitch the case they come in and store them in big CD cases, with 8 pockets per page (4 front, 4 back), which I label and keep on shelves.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
One of my life goals is to try to finish the things I start. I'm absolutely great at starting things.

I'm great bringing stuff home from Home Depot, and leaving them in the garage for years.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I'm great bringing stuff home from Home Depot, and leaving them in the garage for years.

I see you've been in my garage... LOL!

Dave

geoand

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Substitute a Sandford Virgil Flower novel & delete TP recovery & you know how my day is going. Oh forgot. Watering my landscaping (raining). I did look out the windows to check if all plantings were being watered.