• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What does Wyndhams point rental increase mean for Owner's who sale rental points?

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder if Wyndham will now charge you to transfer points to another member? Or if members whill now charge more for renting their points to other members?

Now owner's rent theirs for $5- 7 per 1000points. Will it be better to rent from an owner now?

What do you think?

Last edited:

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Only time will tell. On one hand, supply of cheap rental points has certainly constricted. On the other, we'll have to see how many commercial renters decide to get out of the game with the new guest certificate rules/fees---and they are a significant source of points-rental demand.

I'm expecting point rental costs to go up though. If you routinely find yourself renting points, now might be the time for a small resale add-on instead.

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now owner's rent theirs for $5- 7 per 1000points. Will it be better to rent from an owner now?

Not until 10/15/08, you should be able to rent points at $5 from Wyndham for 2009 till that time. After that, yes, it is lower, if the renting cost keep the same.

Don't forget this is coupling with $129 GC fee. Before this annouced, I think I saw several heavy renters are trying to rent out their points. So I will guess the overall renting market is not that great, add this 129 cost, you may very likely see less renter. It maybe better to give the points to their extra holiday group if one need to rent out, if that one (extra holiday) can actually make any good accounting. With econimic in the down turn, you may see more people just try to rent out the point instead of make reservation and advertise them.

Think about this, avg MF is $5, let us say it is $6, Wyndham rent fee is $8, so that is $2 per 1K profit. It basically means the rent out reservation for normal owner very unlikely. So, we will see less people in the market. On the other hand, for heavy renter, their points arevery well covered, so their cost is much lower than that, and with less people in the renting market, they maybe able to dominate it, and start increase the rent price depends on other resorts. With MF generally higher, and most of resort chain are trying to get more moeny from owner, I can see most renters has no choice but to up their rent charge.

You will see less overall renting point transaction since every free 15 per 1M is really close to restrict how many points the heavy renter can spent per transactions.

You may see more chance for upgrade at least for the next few years. I doubt extra holiday will try to grabe these last min deal with economic in such a bad shape.

But expect more resale, and more push in retail presenattion.

Jya-Ning