• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What do these mean?

sarahsliefie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamond Resorts International
Is there a place online that describes what all these benefits actually mean?
I want to best use points but I have no idea what benefits actually mean or how best to implement them.
I would love to see a youtube channel dedicated to how to maximize time share points.
PXL_20210528_192653453.jpg

Fried_shrimp

Reaction score
Those are the benefits that you receive depending on what status you are (which is based on how many points you own).

Assuming the yellow squiggly is you it means you are a Silver owner. IMO the benefits are fairly self-explanatory but if you have a question about a specific one I'd be happy to answer that for you.

How long have you been an owner with Diamond?

sarahsliefie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are currently Platinum as we jsut upped on points. we were silver for almost 10 years. most of them I have no idea what they mean.
like Loyalty accommodation upgrade?
Loyalty Search Request?
Priority pass annual Membership?
RPP?
Guest Reservations (what is complimentary)?
Diamond Value Days Prior to arrival?
PressReader Annual Membership?
RRP on reservation less than 5000 points?
The Legacy program?
Associate Member in resort benefits?
Points Redemption on fee payments?
most of those I really do not know what they mean.

Janann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
Complimentary = free.

I had the genius idea to use the TUG search function for the above terms, and strangely enough you are the first person to ask about them. Hopefully a Diamond owner will be able to help.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Have you gone on the DRI Web Site. It is all defined on the Site. Though it may take a bit of work. There are also several publications you can download.

Fried_shrimp

Reaction score
We are currently Platinum as we jsut upped on points. we were silver for almost 10 years. most of them I have no idea what they mean.
Loyalty Search Request?
RPP?
The Legacy program?

RPP = Reservation Protection Plan. You can cancel 31 days out and get all of your points back instead of 91 days out. For Platinum owners it is free on reservations that cost 5,000 points or less.

Diamond Value is where you can pay 13 cents per point to rent points to pay for additional vacations. You get the 13 cents per point rate at XX number of days from check in.

Legacy program is where you can put someone on your account (such as your grown kids or friend) and allow them to use you points (minimum 5,000 and then upwards in 500 point increments). They can then book vacations at the same status and perks as you.

Associate member is almost the same as a Legacy member except you don't define how many points they get and they don't get all of your perks. Nice thing with Associate members is they don't use up your guest certificates as they are considered quasi owners as well.

Guest Reservations, you get X amount a free guest certificates per year. After that you are charged $35 for a guest certificate.

PressReader....worthless (IMO). They used to give out actual newspapers, now they use PressReader.

Loyalty Search Request. You can put in a request for a place that you cannot find availability for. You can have X number of requests going. If someone cancels and you have a request in it will automatically book it for you. Higher status get dibs (Silver and Plat have same request active, Plat will get it before Silver).

If you really want to learn more, please join this site for owners in the US. https://www.facebook.com/groups/DRIUSF

mammolastan

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamond Club Member
Wow - you've been a Diamond member for 10 years and you upped for more - cool! Sounds like it's been working out well for you? I just joined last year and I am starting to dip my feet into it, headed to Orientation next week. Any advice for a n00b?

rboesl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Village Beach & Golf Resort
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Villa del Arco Cobo
Grandview Las Vegas
Vacation Village at Bonaventure
Wow - you've been a Diamond member for 10 years and you upped for more - cool! Sounds like it's been working out well for you? I just joined last year and I am starting to dip my feet into it, headed to Orientation next week. Any advice for a n00b?
Best advice is "Don't go!" It's not an orientation is a sales pitch to sell you more points. You will get little, if any, information about how to use what you previously purchased. Ask you questions here or join the Diamond Resorts US Group on Facebook. You will get FAR more information from either of those resources than at any "orientation" from Diamond.

mammolastan

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamond Club Member
Best advice is "Don't go!" It's not an orientation is a sales pitch to sell you more points. You will get little, if any, information about how to use what you previously purchased. Ask you questions here or join the Diamond Resorts US Group on Facebook. You will get FAR more information from either of those resources than at any "orientation" from Diamond.
Haha thanks! Well, im staying at the hotel for a few days for free, so i feel like its a fair exchange for the moment. Im definitely primed for my 'no' now. I just applied to join that Facebook group, thanks. Im sure I'll be posting some questions

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Haha thanks! Well, im staying at the hotel for a few days for free, so i feel like its a fair exchange for the moment. Im definitely primed for my 'no' now. I just applied to join that Facebook group, thanks. Im sure I'll be posting some questions
MOMENTS will turn into HOURS.. Just said NO.

bakera

Reaction score
Loyalty Search Request?
RPP?
The Legacy program?

all of these are explained here….https://member.diamondresorts.com/Benefits/Details/LOYALTYEXPLANATION

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I would love to see a youtube channel dedicated to how to maximize time share points.
That would be great:sneaky:. Unfortunately, I don't cover Diamond on my channel. Perhaps I need to research up on it and make a video.

sarahsliefie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
all of these are explained here….https://member.diamondresorts.com/Benefits/Details/LOYALTYEXPLANATION
You are amazing. That is exactly what I want to see!