• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What covid health ins protection are you purchasing for travel to Mexico?

Blondie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Blue, Raintree Resorts; Sudwala Lodge, SA; Hollywood Sands, Hollywood , Fla
Just wondering what people are doing for appropriate coverage while out of the US. Thanks.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
To my knowledge, the travel insurance companies are not covering C-19, except the "cancel for any reason," policies, which are pricey.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We shop for travel insurance at www.squaremouth.com/ they allow side-by-side comparison of policies from many carriers. Since Covid, the formerly cheap evacuation coverage has become the gold standard since airlines won't allow passengers with fever to board. So carriers have to either put sick people in Foreign hospitals or send private aircraft with medical staff for them.

Jim

Blondie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Blue, Raintree Resorts; Sudwala Lodge, SA; Hollywood Sands, Hollywood , Fla
Thanks!
We will be purchasing Covid health ins for our Feb- April trip to PV. Not sure if there was a particular company or carrier that folks use. I will be investigating the various hospitals to see what travel health ins they accept.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Just wondering what people are doing for appropriate coverage while out of the US. Thanks.

We bought Allianz trip insurance for our Mexico trip. It does cover emergency medical care for Covid 19.

Bill

Claims due to known, foreseeable, or expected events, epidemics, government prohibitions, warnings, or travel advisories, or fear of travel are generally not covered, and coverage can vary by state. However, until further notice, although not covered under most plans, we are currently accommodating claims for:

1. Under Emergency Medical Care Benefit: Emergency medical care for a customer who becomes ill with COVID-19 while on their trip.
  2. Under Trip Cancellation or Trip Interruption Benefits: Trip cancellation and trip interruption if a customer becomes ill with COVID-19 either before or during their trip.
These accommodations are strictly applicable to COVID-19 and are only available for customers whose plan includes the applicable benefit. All other terms, conditions, and exclusions of the plan apply as normal.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@easyrider It's good to see Allianz offering this. How expensive is this insurance? Pre-covid, we could get insurance to Cabo for $45 for 3 people for a week (cheap). Wondering what it is now?

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@easyrider It's good to see Allianz offering this. How expensive is this insurance? Pre-covid, we could get insurance to Cabo for $45 for 3 people for a week (cheap). Wondering what it is now?

I bought it through the Alaska Air portal when I bought our flights. It was about $49, for two of us, for four weeks.

Bill

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow Bill you got a great deal. I’ve been checking for our Cabo trip later this month for 3 weeks and cant seem to find any type of travel insurance that has medical/evacuation included in the policy for less than 200.00 for 2 people age 66. I’m thinking our choice might be GeoBlue Trekker Essential. 226.00 for an annual policy covers multiple trips. No more than 70 days each. You have to have private medical insurance to purchase this. We will also be traveling to Playa Del Carmen for 2 months in 2021. I’ve never purchased medical travel insurance before, it’s this whole Covid thing that’s making me feel the need. Especially the Evacuation benefit.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Especially the Evacuation benefit.

It seems our policy doesn't cover trip interruption due to Covid 19 lock downs, lol. Always something.

Bill

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
For those going to PV - I saw this on Facebook today. I emailed Pam requesting information and told her that some folks on TUG and my various Facebook Owner groups were asking about insurance and I would spread the word. This is just for the Hospital Joya near the Marina in Puerto Vallarta. I copied a PDF below with more information one what is covered and the prices.

https://www.facebook.com/pam.thompsonwebb?__cft__[0]=AZVVwUr7B3PZkmUZdK0m42vl8NfQzaxgNMVL5O-hxalvNukPg2uEI-cYk_T_JgJuRt7dJdXdzOhkoF1BdU9sK_rASMmeNeY5-X6ryy3biXbWNLpeIFv2LmXBjzThMcL6Dj4&__tn__=<,P-R
Pam Thompson-Webb
· First, I do not sell insurance. But, we now have a new policy available for traveler's that I want to let people know about. Complete coverage including Covid and an exclusive agreement with Hospital Joya/Sanmare. It is important to remember: Most traveler's insurance policies do not cover pre-existing conditions. I feel extremely confident in this policy. If you would like information, have questions, please - ONLY PM (on Facebook) or email (pamela@healthcareresourcepv.com). I will send the basics and then, connect you with an agent IF you want. Should people choose to come for vacation/for the winter, please do not come without insurance, regardless. Thank you!

Attachments

• PV Mexico insurance for Joya Hospital.pdf
    249.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did tons of Travel Insurance research before leaving for CABO. Everytime I thought I had found the correct insurance for me I called to double check and no COVID coverage. Our health insurance covers us in Mexico so I was concerned about Air Evac in case of COVID or Emergency. Even some policies that have the Evac insurance only take you to the nearest US hospital that can treat you. Some stipulated the nearest hospital which could mean in the same city you are in. I found some policies with GEO trakker which is Blue Cross Blue Shield but to cover COVID they are very pricey. I was looking for an Annual policy as we will be in Mexico for about 3 months between now and March 2021. I think I might go with the GEO Trakker Essential even if it doesn’t cover COVID.

pianoetudes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham and Vidanta Grand Luxxe
I'm wondering the scenario that you are diagnosed with covid while traveling in Mexico and need hospitalization. How can you request to be transferred to the nearest hospital in the US because most US airlines won't allow to enter the airplane if you have covid? Chartering the whole plane for yourself? Mmhh I'm not sure insurance covers that.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk