• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What can I do with this extra week?

Joshadelic

TUG Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention...

In the process of my resale purchases/upgrade/requalification, we ended up with an extra week. The PGA week that we used to upgrade to SVV was UNUSED for 2008!!! They allowed me to deposit it with II before the upgrade went through. The week they deposited for us was a week 32 2br at PGA. We have until August 17th, 2010 to use it.

Here's the problem. I'm not really seeing too much in the way of exchanges that we would actually want. Once in a while, I'll see something appealing, but I've been looking now for a couple of months. What do you guys think the very best exchange is that I might see with this week? I do see WMH, WKV and SDO 2br's quite a bit, so I was thinking I should just exchange it for one of those. Would it be worth my while to wait it out and see if something better comes up? We were really looking for a week in the Caribbean somewhere nice, but the week they deposited doesn't seem to be showing me that. It seems lately that there haven't been any bulk deposits whatsoever - or at least none that I can see. Is this time of year slow for II deposits? Will I see more if I wait?

Advice anyone?

Stefa

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you know when and where you want to go, you will have better luck placing a request with II. Most of the best weeks never make it to the online because they are taken by people who have put in a request.

Joshadelic

TUG Member
Reaction score
OH...so if I have a particular week and a particular location, then I should request it rather than constantly searching for it myself?

Stefa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes. Only the leftovers show up online. II will match new inventory with ongoing requests first.

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good idea! BUt be generous with your request. Instead of requesting a specific week for example, make your request broad. IE WKORV for March through May 2010.

NExt time there is a bulk banking with II for WKORV, you will likely get a week during a broader time frame (just as an example).

Also, there has not been anything really good deposited in II from Starwood in a long time. I seem to recall from last year that many bulk deposits occured in the SPring at WKV, WKORV, SMV... So with II, patience is a virtue.

Katherine

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

Stefa

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd call the summer WPORV weeks good. We got a 1br for 8/15 and a 2br for 8/22. There were also June and July weeks.

Keep in mind that there may have been better weeks included in those bulk deposites that never made it to the online.

clsmit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR
You might also consider trading into Marriott properties. Lots of them are very nice and the locations might be easier for you to get to from Boston. The Williamsburg, VA locations are a relatively easy drive and seem fairly easy to get into, for example.

Last edited:

pointsjunkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
does your family have a dream list of where they would like to travel to? i would use the II deposit for one of those dream vacations from your list.

we went to willimaburg, sedona, lake tahoe with II weeks.

Joshadelic

TUG Member
Reaction score
The dream vacation would be in Bora Bora, but I don't think there's a timeshare there. That'll be one of those things we do when we have 300k SP's saved up.

The next 2 years are not going to be very flexible for us. DW is in grad school, so we are stuck traveling when she has breaks...which is when everyone else wants to travel too. After she graduates in August of next year, we'll be much more flexible. We'll probably end up using this week at WMH or WKV in during her spring break next year if we can't find anything else.

clsmit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR
Spring break in Orlando is nice, too, with lots of inventory of places to stay and MUCH warmer than Boston! :)