• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What area/timeshare for 40th Anniversary?

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We (DW and I) will be celebrating our 40th Anniversary the second week of November. We live near Hilton Head, so we have it pretty good as far as weather, etc..

We currently have an exchange request in for Marco Island, which we have been to once before (loved it!!).
We only have a MEDIUM trader----so another TUG thread has me doubting that request will be filled.

We have been to warm-enough areas such as Palm Desert, Vegas, Orlando, West Palm, Scottsdale.

We BOTH love to GOLF!!!

With my medium trader---any suggestions for other areas/resorts I should add to my list.

Pat

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
Try to get to Hawaii!!! If you’ve never been it is a destination you should definitely visit and a 40th anniversary would be a great occasion. So many nice properties there. I’m sure if you put in a request far enough in advance you will get the trade.
Good luck and congrats (we’re celebrating 42 this August).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Hawaii is a possibility. Since you are east coast, how about the Caribbean?

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Whenever we do eventually go to Hawaii-----I want to have perhaps THREE weeks (at least two).

We only have one week this November............

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I know you have been there and since you both love to golf... I would suggest going back to Palm Desert. It is THE golf haven. Lots of great golf and decent prices. We go to Palm Desert to golf for 2 weeks after Thanksgiving and 3 weeks in January of each year again. They also have the best restaurants. When we were last there in January, we play 11 rounds over 21 days at 7 courses. We are looking forward to going back there again in November. Palm Desert is an easy trade.

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
Do you only have II? If you have access to RCI the Bougainvillea shows up every so often. It is beachfront In Christ Church off the Maxwell Coast Road.

There are great golfing opportunities on Barbados. Sandy Lane has three courses:

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi..congrats!! What about St Augustine, FL. To drive.... was thinking Oregon but Nov might be rainy. RCI has a number of golf resorts... perhaps see what comes up?

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
So this suggestion may not be worthy of a 40th anniversary, BUT I often search for Sanibel, and Lehigh Resort CLub *always* comes up first in II with lots of availability, with a photo of a golf course -- says it's got a 9-hole golf course on site. The description mentions proximity to several other golf courses (disclaimer: I've never been there, don't aspire to, and I'm not a golfer), and you could do day trips to Sanibel, Ft Myers Beach, maybe even Marco? You can ePlus your exchange and maybe something better'd appear between now and then -- a few years ago, we got Cottages at South Seas on Captiva as a last-minute ePlus, right on a golf course, it was awesome.

Also don't forget a few exchange companies don't care about trade power -- it may be too late for Nov 2022, but for instance Platinum Interchange usually has plenty of Aruba availability, which I used once for a special occasion. I personally like islands for anniversary trips. We recently lost our 40th anniv exchanges to covid, we had another Caribbean vaca planned, hope we can redo that one sometime.

Deb from NC

TUG Member
Reaction score
For our 40th we went to Hawaii and loved it! We also had to fly from the East Coast
(NC )with limited time…we spent 7 nites at the Hilton Bay Club on the Big Island, then stopped and spent 2 nights in San Francisco (Wyndham Canterbury) on the way back. We also only had a so-so trader and definitely felt like we traded up….the Bay Club was very nice. The stop on the way back in San Francisco made the flight back pretty painless. So if you can spare 9 nites it might be worth re-considering Hawaii !!

If not, another place we enjoyed were the Starr Pass Golf Suites in Tuscon. Very nice golf course on site and plenty of other things to do in the area. We had a 2 bedroom unit there that was nice and spacious with pretty views. I’d love to go back some day!

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you only have II? If you have access to RCI the Bougainvillea shows up every so often. It is beachfront In Christ Church off the Maxwell Coast Road.

There are great golfing opportunities on Barbados. Sandy Lane has three courses:

I only have II

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi..congrats!! What about St Augustine, FL. To drive.... was thinking Oregon but Nov might be rainy. RCI has a number of golf resorts... perhaps see what comes up?

St Augustine is a possibility---but I just looked and see nothing.

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I decide to request St Augustine-----is the only resort that is decent Beach Club (remember, II only for me)......................

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
How 'bout Sheraton PGA Golf Resort -- PGN, "Premier Resort" -- in Port St Lucie FL? II currently has availability for this November. "The resort is located at the PGA Village - a golfer's dream - with three championship courses, a six-hole short course, three putting greens, and the PGA Learning Center."

Bill4728

Reaction score
The key thing is that travel demand is generally lowest in Nov and early Dec So a trade that would not happen in Feb, may happen in Nov.

Good Luck

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just going to mention st Augustine. Lots of golf courses, lots of historic sites. Also massanutten area, gatlinberg, Fairfield Glade. We always went on driving distance golf trips for our spring breaks. Wisconsin dells has five really nice golf courses, but you would not want to go in November.

Last edited:

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just going to mention st Augustine. Lots of golf courses, lots of historic sites. Also mass a utensil area, gatlinberg, Fairfield Glade. We always went on driving distance golf trips for our spring breaks. Wisconsin dells has five really nice golf courses, but you would not want to go in November.
Is golfing expensive in Augustine, Fl? We don't like to pay more than $100 a round.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is golfing expensive in Augustine, Fl? We don't like to pay more than $100 a round.
I recall the resort getting a price for us that was decent. The one by the Bluegreen resort was very expensive

jimandelise

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau, Williamsburg, Grande Vista and trust points
Vistana Orlando, St John's
Massanutten
Wyndham Williamsburg
Disney Saratoga Springs and Animal Kingdo
What about NYC, Marriott pulse. The Boys are playing the Jints.

ckramer4077

TUG Member
Reaction score
We celebrated our 40th with family members on the beach at the Royal Hacienda in Playa de Carmen. We had a service on the beach and a celebration dinner at their 5 start restaurant. They had an event planner that helped with all the arrangements and the dinner menu. The resort was very helpful with arranging rooms for us. I would strongly recommend this resort for that special anniversary.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark
You have us beat by 10. We are going to Hawaii in 10 days to celebrate our 30th.

llj0621

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sabal Palms
Marriott Destination Points
We (DW and I) will be celebrating our 40th Anniversary the second week of November. We live near Hilton Head, so we have it pretty good as far as weather, etc..

We currently have an exchange request in for Marco Island, which we have been to once before (loved it!!).
We only have a MEDIUM trader----so another TUG thread has me doubting that request will be filled.

We have been to warm-enough areas such as Palm Desert, Vegas, Orlando, West Palm, Scottsdale.

We BOTH love to GOLF!!!

With my medium trader---any suggestions for other areas/resorts I should add to my list.

Pat
You might look at the Palm Beach/Jupiter area. There are many many golf courses and of course the area has many great places to eat. Marriott has two excellent II resorts

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Sarasota is nice too. We went to a nice restaurant in Anna Maria Island The Beach Bistro, was very romantic .