• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What are you having for breakfast...Need Ideas.

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not a breakfast person.. I am trying to get my BS down so try to go easy on the carbs.....so that eliminates cereals , breads muffins, bagels, doughnuts, pancakes, waffles. I hate eggs and oatmeal. Most mornings I have either yogurt with fresh fruit or avocado toast on multigrain bread. Its getting very boring. I did find a recipe for a cakette which is mainly egg with the addition of a small amount of flour and cheese which is about the only way I can stand eggs. So what did you eat for breakfast...especially those who watch their carbs?

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not a breakfast person.. I am trying to get my BS down so try to go easy on the carbs.....so that eliminates cereals , breads muffins, bagels, doughnuts, pancakes, waffles. I hate eggs and oatmeal. Most mornings I have either yogurt with fresh fruit or avocado toast on multigrain bread. Its getting very boring. I did find a recipe for a cakette which is mainly egg with the addition of a small amount of flour and cheese which is about the only way I can stand eggs. So what did you eat for breakfast...especially those who watch their carbs?
Does BS mean blood sugar? If yes, I'm thinking fresh fruit doesn't fit the bill. I'm pre-diabetic, doing everything I can to avoid crossing the fine line into full-on diabetes. Try looking at Keto for breakfast ideas.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pre-diabetic here too.

I have lot's of egg white omelettes full of veggies most mornings. Sometimes a yogurt. I do add fresh fruits almost every morning.

I wil change it a bit here and there with two slices of Ezekiel bread - w/cream cheese or a slice or two of turkey breast.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Our weekend breakfast during the summer involves me trying to use up garden veggies that are getting past their prime. Was so pleased with my veggie hash yesterday until I went to wash the dishes and realized the yellow and orange grape tomatoes I'd planned to drop in at the last minute were still sitting on the counter.

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines
Do you "need" breakfast? I am accustomed to eating earlier in the day. I usually do late breakfast and lunch. Shooting for an 18 hr noneating window. In the past, I ALWAYS had fruit, and an orange specifically, but no more.

There is a fun KETO food called Chaffles. You can find the recipe on YouTube. It's eggs and cheese made in a waffle iron. People rave about them. And, bulletproof coffee with high fat content is popular, too, if you are a coffee drinker. Many people start the day with that and it holds them over until lunch.

I'm ok with eggs. I'll cook up hard boiled ones, and then add bacon or another meat as a side. I'll scramble a couple with meat. This week it was grain-fed beef chorizo.

Eggs, meat, cheese - a more savory breakfast is more common in places around the world where I've traveled. The items you mentioned are part of the Standard American Diet and contribute to our potential comorbidity issues which we are all now trying to avoid :)

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Eggs with a side of scrapple. Stay away from orange juice and many other fruits.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
When I want something quick, I’ll pop a “Just Crack An Egg” into the microwave. Satisfying and tasty. I try to buy them when they are on sale for ”Buy one get one free.”. I think each flavor has Ore Ida diced potatoes in it, but not much.

Ralph Sir Edward

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ground sausage, scrambled eggs, and cheese on top. Cook the sausage, add in the eggs, cook until eggs are done, add cheese. Lousy on the cholesterol, but you don't get any more Keto. . . .

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
@Sea Six @Glynda @Ralph Sir Edward She said she hates eggs.

You knocked out my two favorite breakfasts, oatmeal and eggs. But nothing says you have to eat breakfast food for breakfast. Eat something you do like.

geekette

Reaction score
I find that I can keep with smoothies. For years, I used my Magic Bullet to whip up a to-go concoction of frozen strawberries, chocolate whey protein powder and soy milk. It was like having strawberry ice cream every morning. Since I could carry it around at work, I actually ingested it.

These days, I sometimes do oatmeal or grits, enjoy omelets a lot, but happier in summer with devilled eggs or peanut butter sandwich.

queenofthehive

TUG Member
Reaction score
I like to have strawberries with yogurt, sliced apple or banana with peanut butter, or a smoothie - frozen banana, almond milk (cup), tablespoon of cocoa powder, a bit of sweetener (I use real maple syrup but you can use a sugar substitute)- blend it up and it is like a milk shake. I have added peanut butter to this as well. Another idea is a fruit salad of blueberries, blackberries and strawberries and served with avocado toast sprinkled with the “everything but the bagel “ seasoning.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
It doesn’t have to be a traditional breakfast meal for breakfast. You can eat something you would eat for lunch or dinner.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
Eggs with a side of scrapple. Stay away from orange juice and many other fruits.
Scrapple? Were you raised in the Philadelphia area? I wish I could find it in Minnesota.

No sugar, no carbs, no eggs? Sounds like bacon (or scrapple) would make a great breakfast. The advantage of eating protein or fatty foods is that you don't get hungry again for a long time. Hawaiians prefer SPAM and rice with their eggs, but just SPAM and rice sounds good too. I like baked beans with a shredded cheese melt, but DW tries to limit my baked been intake.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you like other hot cereals? I personally like seven grain hot cereal much more than oatmeal--more of a hearty texture. Add some fresh fruit and some nuts for protein.

Smoothies with greens is great too (pro tip: add salt, it cuts the bitterness of the greens. I used up years of collard greens from my CSA this way.)

Things like the Hawaiian loco moco--rice with meat and cheeses, and some veggies, would be another way to go.

Easy wraps or breakfast quesadillas--without eggs--but with veggies and cheese and salsa, would be another option.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Scrapple? Were you raised in the Philadelphia area? I wish I could find it in Minnesota.

Just north of Philly, near Hatfield - The BEST scrapple anywhere! Slice it fairly thin and cook it crisp!

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I grew up more or less in Berks Co. My mother--also not a native PA--loves scrapple. Eh, I can more likely leave it than take it. ;)

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I like to have strawberries with yogurt, sliced apple or banana with peanut butter, or a smoothie - frozen banana, almond milk (cup), tablespoon of cocoa powder, a bit of sweetener (I use real maple syrup but you can use a sugar substitute)- blend it up and it is like a milk shake. I have added peanut butter to this as well. Another idea is a fruit salad of blueberries, blackberries and strawberries and served with avocado toast sprinkled with the “everything but the bagel “ seasoning.
I always add to my smoothies ginger, just a piece of the size of a raspberry. It covers the taste of some of the veggies that my kids normally do not like: broccoli, cauliflower etc. They love the taste with ginger not so much without it.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Chiliquilles.

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you "need" breakfast? I am accustomed to eating earlier in the day. I usually do late breakfast and lunch. Shooting for an 18 hr noneating window. In the past, I ALWAYS had fruit, and an orange specifically, but no more.

There is a fun KETO food called Chaffles. You can find the recipe on YouTube. It's eggs and cheese made in a waffle iron. People rave about them. And, bulletproof coffee with high fat content is popular, too, if you are a coffee drinker. Many people start the day with that and it holds them over until lunch.

I'm ok with eggs. I'll cook up hard boiled ones, and then add bacon or another meat as a side. I'll scramble a couple with meat. This week it was grain-fed beef chorizo.

Eggs, meat, cheese - a more savory breakfast is more common in places around the world where I've traveled. The items you mentioned are part of the Standard American Diet and contribute to our potential comorbidity issues which we are all now trying to avoid :)

I'm pretty near to this type of morning. In October my doctor told me "no grains, no sugar" because my blood sugar was rising.

It's been a transformation for 9 - 10 months that is a now a solid habit. Doctor said my numbers look like someone 10 years younger. I'm not keto, paleo, vegan, vegetarian. Like Dr. Hyman says it's probably Pegan.

Very few eggs for me except mixed in recipes. Coffee when I get up (average time 7:30, depending on the night) with 1-1/2 Tbsp. collagen, MCT oil, monk fruit, grass fed 1/2 & 1/2.

Then brunch can be anything that is centered around protein. Yesterday, for example, I had a leftover Big Mac salad from Saturday's dinner. Getting the morning started with a protein/fat combo stabilizes the blood sugar and is so satiating.

For sweeteners I like Julian Bakery's Pure Monk fruit. It's the only monk fruit I can find with no additions like, erythritol or inulin. I also use Trim Healthy Mama's stevia. Same reason, I think it's the purest one I've found.

Here's some interviews to get started:

https://drhyman.com. (Start by watching these 3 podcasts to glean what info you want from them):

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Does BS mean blood sugar? If yes, I'm thinking fresh fruit doesn't fit the bill. I'm pre-diabetic, doing everything I can to avoid crossing the fine line into full-on diabetes. Try looking at Keto for breakfast ideas.

If it doesn't, then the OP reads much more interestingly......but (alas) it appears to.....darn it.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Our weekend breakfast during the summer involves me trying to use up garden veggies that are getting past their prime. Was so pleased with my veggie hash yesterday until I went to wash the dishes and realized the yellow and orange grape tomatoes I'd planned to drop in at the last minute were still sitting on the counter.
tenor.gif

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Dang @chellej - you sound a lot like my wife as she does not like breakfast either.
I love breakfast but I am afraid my dietary suggestions are unlikely to be of assistance here.
One of my breakfast favorites you did not scrap is grits. Very functional and underrated grits is(are) (said in Yoda voice...)
Grits can be mixed with many other breakfast items but in my world, you've eliminated those too..

I'm not much help here am I????

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Protein pancake every morning for breakfast. Made from soy protein. It's good and 100 calories or so. About a teaspoon of SF maple syrup.

Rick has bacon and eggs every single morning without fail.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

No sugar, no carbs, no eggs? Sounds like bacon (or scrapple) would make a great breakfast. The advantage of eating protein or fatty foods is that you don't get hungry again for a long time. Hawaiians prefer SPAM and rice with their eggs, but just SPAM and rice sounds good too. I like baked beans with a shredded cheese melt, but DW tries to limit my baked been intake.

No Mornay Sauce?

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I like my plain thick rolled oats (1/4 cup) with a sprinkle of cinnamon and fresh ground flax seed and a teaspoon of wheat germ with unsweetened, plain almond milk and fresh blueberries and I am sticking to it. Soemtimes I add nuts like almonds or walnuts or pecans- plain raw nuts- not roasted or salted.

Occasionally replace with whole grain cereal and bananas. Weekends I live it up with a swiss cheese omlette, soy sausage or turkey bacon and a hash brown patty and an English muffin with butter and jelly. Or a belgium waffle or pancakes or french toast made with whole grain flour, light butter and fresh NH or VT maple syrup.

Hot black tea plain, grapefruit juice and my vitamins.

I love breakfast. Don't talk to me until I have eaten it! LOL!