• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What are you eating today?

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
The Old Folks Home is putting on their annual 4th of July barbecue. Their hot dog brand isn’t my fave. That leaves fried chicken and ribs, both too messy with bones, or grilled salmon or a hamburger. Will probably opt for the burger. And Mac salad and potato salad and beans and chips and guacamole. Brownies and spiked pink lemonade will mean nap time by 2pm!
ETA: An early departure will hopefully have us leaving before most of the shenanigans start. They hand out water pistols and some fool always borrows a super soaker from a grandchild!

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
We're having:
  • Smoked beef brisket (Texas fav)
  • Smoked Jalapeno sausage
  • Beer Cheese Dip (for the sausage)
  • Potato Salad
  • Ranch beans
  • Cucumber salad
We bought the brisket and sausage from a local BBQ joint before, so we're just heating them up.

jp10558

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Seaworld
Wyndham Smoky Mountains
Foxrun Lake Lure
We're grilling chicken with the "famous" Cornell bbq marinade, hamburgers, gianelli hot sausages and ball park hot dogs. Then hopefully the weather holds and I'll do a bunch of fireworks tonight!

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
This afternoon cheese/crackers beer and wine out on the portal.

For dinner:
Filet mignon
Corn fritters
Watermelon

And for dessert:
Homemade strawberry shortcake

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I grilled burgers last night (wrapped in a lettuce leaf (no bun)
Paula made her famous 'tater salad
Tonight it'll be beer brats, corn- both grilled- and watermelon before we head down to the college for fireworks.

Jim

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
So there I was with a patty on a sesame seed bun, cheese, onion, tomato, lettuce, catchup, mustard — yum, yum, yum! Cliff says “what are you eating?”, as he munches away on his exceedingly pink medium-well burger. What do you think I’m eating? What’s in your burger? I run down the list. What’s in your burger? I found the thinnest one I could find hoping it wouldn’t be pink inside…OH! Gaack!! Veggie burger! It was more than fine and NOT pink in the center. They know me here, know my rule is “I will not send it back if it is like a hockey puck, but I will send it back if it’s pink”. But when they are grilling 600 burgers you get what you get unless you want to be “difficult”. Cliff says “they saw you coming and slipped you a veggie burger so they didn’t have to remake it three times!” Nope, I chose that patty myself!

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
So there I was with a patty on a sesame seed bun, cheese, onion, tomato, lettuce, catchup, mustard — yum, yum, yum! Cliff says “what are you eating?”, as he munches away on his exceedingly pink medium-well burger. What do you think I’m eating? What’s in your burger? I run down the list. What’s in your burger? I found the thinnest one I could find hoping it wouldn’t be pink inside…OH! Gaack!! Veggie burger! It was more than fine and NOT pink in the center. They know me here, know my rule is “I will not send it back if it is like a hockey puck, but I will send it back if it’s pink”. But when they are grilling 600 burgers you get what you get unless you want to be “difficult”. Cliff says “they saw you coming and slipped you a veggie burger so they didn’t have to remake it three times!” Nope, I chose that patty myself!
Me too! No pink burgers for me. Hokey pucks are OK but no potentially E. Coli laced undercooked burgers for me.

kupool

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Goddess accidently left the upright freezer door open last night so today through Sunday we are having feast of epic proportions. Approx 20lbs of crappie filets (to be baked, grilled, and served in fish taco's), 5lbs of bluefin tuna (grilled), 20lbs of Chicken leg quarters (fried, smoked and grilled, baked, and boiled for soup), ~30lbs of salmon (smoked or grilled or baked), and about a dozen slabs of precooked baby back ribs. The entire neighborhood is invited to bring a side dish, swim, chill, and feast. Oh well......it all starts tomorrow afternoon. I've got one of my homeboys coming over in a bit to help me start the protein fixin.
The Goddess, also, just did up 16 pints of salsa from the thawed tomatoes.

Oh well....it is going to be fun.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Our HOA does hamburgers and hot dogs generally and everything else is pot luck. Always a ton of food and plenty of choices. Party is tomorrow.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I bought a bucket of chicken wings from Winn-Dixie. Lots of different flavors and I "stuff the bucket" myself.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
We got done with our round of golf today and went to Molokai Pizza Cafe. They have a 4th if July Special until July 7th. We have plenty of leftovers for tonight. 🤙🏻

FB_IMG_1720136951231.jpg

20240704_121315.jpg
20240704_121319.jpg
20240704_121654.jpg

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines
My last holiday in AZ!! My MH is finally under contract and I should close by the end of the month.
We always have an Ice Cream Social at the Clubhouse on the 4th. Girlfriends invited me to join them.

For whatever reason, the social club cut waaaay back and ran out of ice cream. Super stingy since the owners of the MH Park throw a couple of 100 bucks to the social club every month. Well, I didn't plan on eating any and I'm moving soon. haha..

Came home later to see my neighbor grilling out for the first time. Naw, it was 111 degrees. I went inside and cooked up a bunch of cheeseburgers in my huge cast iron skillet. Then, treated myself to some strawberries which I picked up at Aldi for $1.09.

Hope everyone had a Happy 4th!!

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
We were not very traditional today, we went to the movies in the afternoon, then headed to new steakhouse in town, so had some very nice steaks.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
My wife is out of town visiting family so it was just DD and myself. We decided to go to Fogo de Chao and let them do the grilling for us. So, we had picanha, bottom sirloin, bacon wrapped sirloin, bacon wrapped chicken, smoked sausage, garlic Parmesan pork chop, mashed potatoes, caramelized bananas, polenta, and pao de quejo. Obviously, we were too full for dessert. Well, right then. We got key lime pie and cheesecake to take home and eat later. Yes, I did. And, yes, I was miserable last night!

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
We had the full bbq spread . . . smoked pork ribs, baked beans, corn on the cob, potato salad and apple pie.

4thOfJuly 2024.jpg

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My last holiday in AZ!! My MH is finally under contract and I should close by the end of the month.
We always have an Ice Cream Social at the Clubhouse on the 4th. Girlfriends invited me to join them.

For whatever reason, the social club cut waaaay back and ran out of ice cream. Super stingy since the owners of the MH Park throw a couple of 100 bucks to the social club every month. Well, I didn't plan on eating any and I'm moving soon. haha..

Came home later to see my neighbor grilling out for the first time. Naw, it was 111 degrees. I went inside and cooked up a bunch of cheeseburgers in my huge cast iron skillet. Then, treated myself to some strawberries which I picked up at Aldi for $1.09.

Hope everyone had a Happy 4th!!
MH?

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Yea, my guess was mobile home, or possibly motor home..

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines
Bingo!

Yes! I like to abbreviate "mobile home." The correct nomenclature is Manufactured Housing, since July 1, 1976. Or, as my buddy who is a guru in the industry likes to say, Land Lease Communities.

The 55+ communities are a terrific option, especially for a single person. Affordable, low maintenance, great neighbors, activities! When I first moved to PHX, I thought I would get another SFR, but rethought that. I saw other single friends slaving over the upkeep - no thank you! Then I thought condo, but all the pools were much smaller than what we have here. Plus, the units - small kitchens, dark. Unless you've lived in a MH, it's hard to believe the benefits it offers. I've never had better neighbors :)

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Our daughter-in-law made some good food for the 4th. Burgers, hot dogs, brats, lots of sides, and dessert of a trifle and S'mores bars. It was all good. I ate dessert, and I don't usually do that, but our daughter-in-law always says that holiday food has zero calories.

For appetizers, she made jalapeno poppers, which are a favorite of mine and keto friendly:

Slice jalapenos in half
Mix 8 oz of cream cheese with 8 oz of cheddar cheese, stuff the peppers
Wrap bacon around the pepper
Airfry until done

Rick and I like to use the bacon that Costco has that is pre-cooked, and that way you can air fry for less time, but I don't really time it, I just look to see when the bacon gets crisp.

She also made Rick's favorite guacamole, which has cumin in it, and a bunch of other spices, but Rick loves that stuff. She found a recipe on Allrecipes.com

Funny that our sons are both allergic to avocado and all melons. They get sore throats. They are also both allergic to roll-on deodorant and have to use Right Guard spray. My mother-in-law has been dead since 1997, and she used Right Guard. I do wonder if she was also allergic to melons and avocado.