• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What are you cooking?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife is sending it to my email. Is there a way to post that on here or do I have to write it all out? If I can post the email how do I do it (very tech challenged)
Bart
If you are using Microsoft OS on a desktop PC or laptop PC,
1) Highlight the text, right mouse click and click Copy. Come back to TUG, open box for reply, right mouse click and click Paste.
OR
2) Highlight the text, use 2 fingers, one finger each on "Ctrl" and "C". "Ctrl" needs to be pressed down with one finger first and not let it go, and use the second finger to press "C". Then come back to TUG, open box for reply, "Ctrl" and "P" with 2 fingers, same thing, "Ctrl" needs to be depressed first and hold it while you press "P".

Icc5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Decadent Chocolate Delight:
1 package chocolate cake mix
8 ounces sour cream
1 cup water
4eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 package (4serving size) chocolate flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
1 cup chocolate chips
Ice cream, any flavor softened (optional and she doesn't do this)
Lightly grease inside of crock or slow cooker
Combine cake mix,sour cream,water,eggs,and oil in large bowl until well blended. Stir in pudding mix until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour mixture into slow cooker/crock. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or on high 3-4 hours. Using a 5 at crock pot it makes 12 servings.
I gave up on trying to post picture.
Bart

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Tonight, we picked up 2 pizzas from a restaurant.
They were BOGO's... now we have dinner for 3N.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I went to the newly-reopened for in-person shopping farmer's market yesterday (albeit it's now moved entirely outside in the parking lot, with other traffic flow changes, masks, mandatory hand washing or sanitizing before entrance, etc.) Thought I would pick up a few peaches to make a cobbler for dessert. As she started to pack a few up, I realized the ones she'd chosen were not particularly ripe, so I spoke up. Upon which she offered me a whole, huge basket of *very* ripe ones, for just a few dollars more than what I would have paid for just the handful. In an immediate, "what would my mother do?" moment, I paid for the peaches, called her, and, yesterday afternoon, we together made four batches of homemade peach jam, plus prepped and froze an additional five pints of plain peaches. My mother did indeed confirm, by both words and actions, that I had made the same decision she would have. :)

Then, this morning, I made a batch of sourdough English muffins for the first time. My "other mother" growing up made homemade English muffins (albeit not with sourdough) and I had never attempted them. She passed about 14 years ago, at a too-young of an age.

End result: nomnomnoms! And, I feel very close to all my mother figures this weekend. :)

Attachments

• 102832579_10158438707674154_7414453050325339494_n.jpg
    102832579_10158438707674154_7414453050325339494_n.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 103322213_10158438707709154_713099626667774167_n.jpg
    103322213_10158438707709154_713099626667774167_n.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 4

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just took advantage of a promotional offer from Every PLate. I am getting three meals for two each week for just under $30. I think i can send unlimited $20 offers if I have an email.

Last edited:

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
A and I collaborated on dinner tonight. Paneer masala (homemade sauce, store bought paneer from Costco,) brown basmati rice (made in InstantPot,) homemade raita, homemade onion chutney, homemade mint and cilantro chutney, tamarind sauce (the last one on the shelf at our local, large international supermarket--what is up with that?), and freshly-cooked roti (also from Costco.) So, so good! I am so happy that our Costco has started to carry these otherwise-random items that make Indian food so much easier to make.

Attachments

• 103856778_10158464817044154_6229979731350790900_n.jpg
    103856778_10158464817044154_6229979731350790900_n.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 5

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Today I found a new home for 3 crook neck squash, a "flower squash" and some green squash and radishes. And I have four people on the "wait list" for more. I've sautéed squash half a dozen times, meaning I planned a meal around them, so I'm DONE with squash cooking until I chop some up in Sunday breakfast potatoes again. Radishes are something that go in a salad, and no way I'm doing a salad just to use up radishes! Every time I look out the window to the garden Cliff is out there communing with the corn stalks -- they are about 8' tall by now and I'll be damned if it doesn't look like it will actually produce an edible crop. Now that I'll cook, even if we just have hot dogs with it!

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
We had pancakes and bacon for dinner tonight. We do breakfast for dinner once in awhile.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I stirred up some bread dough last night and let it ferment overnight and baked 2 big boules of 90% white bread this morning. Then about noon I rubbed a rack of baby back ribs and got them into the pellet smoker on some hickory. DW sliced a cucumber with some red onion and made fresh cucumber pickles. We accompanied this feast with a nice pear & gorgonzola & avocado salad. Homegrown rhubarb crumble and ice cream a little later for dessert.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Cracker Barrel did our cooking tonight.
My DW ordered off-the-menu - Chicken Livers... (yuck).
I ordered Roast Beef w-Slaw, Mashed 'Taters & Fried Apples.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Tonight, our collaboration was shrimp and cheesy grits, and tri-color green beans. The green beans, chives, green onions, garlic and fresh sage were all from our CSA. So good!

@clifffaith, have you tried pickling your summer squash? You can do them just like cucumbers. (I tend to make refrigerator pickles.) I use them the same way as pickles. Radishes also pickle well--we then use them to top tacos or Asian dishes. I also have a very good and easy recipe for zucchini soup, and you can sub any summer squash.

I've been a CSA member for almost (or maybe a full?) decade now, so I've gotten pretty creative with veggies, LOL!

normab

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
So during this pandemic, I started making my own pesto. We grown our own basil and parsley, and I use 50/50 each, and I also use walnuts because I like the way they taste in the pesto. I’ve been using it about twice a week on fish or Pasta or veggies. Still trying some new things.

Tonight we enjoyed a simple meal of Baked Pesto Cod, broccoli and rice, and a glass of wine. We ate al fresco at “chez Norma“. (We have a courtyard, that thanks to Costco online, got updated with new furniture and umbrella at the start of stay at home.) It was a nice relaxing meal on a lovely Florida evening.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
@clifffaith, have you tried pickling your summer squash? You can do them just like cucumbers. (I tend to make refrigerator pickles.) I use them the same way as pickles. Radishes also pickle well--we then use them to top tacos or Asian dishes. I also have a very good and easy recipe for zucchini soup, and you can sub any summer squash.

LOL! Before I'd expend any energy pickling squash, I'd get the pitchfork out of the shed and turn the damn things under! I gave another half dozen away yesterday and today I chopped a small crook neck into my burger and bean combo for nachos. Used our first bell pepper and a handful of yellow cherry tomatoes too. Cliff definitely over planted squash this year.

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
Thanks to a friend who gave me fresh basil, I googled recipes using that herb and chicken breasts too. Found Basil-Chicken Dump- easy peasy.
Make up a sauce of olive oil, dijon mustard, white wine, honey & the basil and pour it over chicken breasts in a greased shallow pan. Bake at 400 for @30 minutes basting periodically. I served it with linguine.

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
This was linner. Instead of the erythritol I used 1/8 tsp pure monk fruit. Placed lettuce in bowl first, then cauliflower rice then meat. I also steamed broccoli and added to finished meat mixture. Oh yum!

S - Easy Sugar-Free Korean Beef Bulgogi
★★★★
Main Dish, S
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Servings: Servings: 4

Ingredients:

MEAT
1 lb lean ground beef
3 cloves garlic minced
dash sesame oil
SAUCE
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp cayenne optional
1/3 cup Bragg's liquid amino
1/4 cup erythritol
1 doonk 1/32 tsp stevia extract
2 tsp black strap molasses
1 1/2 TB apple cider vinegar
2 tsp sesame oil
1/4 cup water
1/2 tsp glucomannan
TOPPINGS
bunch of green onions diced
2 teaspoons sesame seeds toasted
optional: shaved carrot
SERVE ON
1/2 lb brown rice or
Romaine lettuce for salad or to use as boats

Directions:

Start cooking rice in rice cooker or on stove top.
Drizzle a scant tsp of sesame oil in the bottom of your cast iron skillet (or other heavy bottomed pan)
Add in garlic and beef, cook until brown and crumbly but not burnt.
While beef is cooking, make sauce. In one bowl, stir together all sauce ingredients EXCEPT water and glucomannan. Whisk together well.
In another bowl, whisk water and gluccie together well.
Mix the water and gluccie into the the rest of the sauce, whisking well.
Pour sauce mixture over cooked beef and garlic, mixing well over low heat.
Stir continuously as sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
Serve over rice or a salad or in a romaine boat.

Notes:

This meal is an easy THM S if you serve it in a romaine boat or on a salad. Leave off the shaved carrots or have a small garnish amount.
This meal can be a THM XO if served over rice.
To make this a THM E, you would need to use the leanest beef and not cook the beef in the sesame oil and just brown it in the skillet, then rinse it in VERY HOT WATER after browning (twice!). Limit your serving to no more than 4 oz. To get the garlic in there, add it to the skillet after you have rinsed the beef and returned it to the skillet. With the garlic added, heat until aromatic. Then add the sauce. Serve over up to 3/4 cup rice. (see page 50 in the plan book for detailed directions on beef in an E setting)
1592685001876.jpeg

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Last night I made a smoked pork loin & corn on the cob. Tonight I am using some of the pork in a Banh Mi sandwich and making zucchini fritters.

Also with all this time on my hands, I signed up for an online cooking class

They have a lot more than just cooking and @ $30/qtr quite reasonable. I am currently taking the Everyday gourmet....it has inspired me to try some new things

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm abdicating any responsibility for tonight. Hot dogs and grilled corn on the cob. It'll be 80ish on the patio at dinnertime. So be it.

Ralph Sir Edward

TUG Member
Reaction score
Simple barbarian meal. Over baked boneless pork chop, instant potatoes, and cream gravy (package). Fortified Zinfandel (pseudo Port).

All it takes is boiling water and turning on the stove. . . .

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
So during this pandemic, I started making my own pesto. We grown our own basil and parsley, and I use 50/50 each, and I also use walnuts because I like the way they taste in the pesto. I’ve been using it about twice a week on fish or Pasta or veggies. Still trying some new things.

Tonight we enjoyed a simple meal of Baked Pesto Cod, broccoli and rice, and a glass of wine. We ate al fresco at “chez Norma“. (We have a courtyard, that thanks to Costco online, got updated with new furniture and umbrella at the start of stay at home.) It was a nice relaxing meal on a lovely Florida evening.

I absolutely love pesto. I am growing some basil but started late so I can’t pick yet. I wanted to make pesto with fresh basil the other day and could not find pignoli nuts anywhere. The local store owner said they are scarce and extremely pricey. I do t think DH would eat walnuts. I’d have to leave it out altogether. Hoping my basil takes off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk