• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What are you cooking?

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My daughter made homemade french onion soup--a favorite of mine since I was very young--with some homemade broth early on in the #quarantimes. It was so tasty, and I was so impressed with her skills. (We used two cup size, *original*, Pyrex bowls for the oven.)

My CSA has started up--we're the drop off/pick-up site, so we at least to get to chat with folks from the other end of our porch every week, which is nice for this introvert :)--and we had a *lot* of chives. That, plus the heavy cream left after making the homemade strawberry chocolate chip ice cream after our dairy run last weekend, means I've got cheddar chive scones in the oven now. You know, for brunch. Since the Zoomer that lives upstairs doesn't wake up until the crack of noon. ;)

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
Going to try to make Hot 'n Sour Soup tonight

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Anyone have a good peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe? I'm so glad I was too lazy to get up and go to the printer and just hand copied the recipe from the Nestle's website. I would have missed the dozens of negative reviews. Hard to believe Nestle's had a bad recipe using their chips, so bad people were pissed they wasted their time and ingredients.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Last night, in honor of Mother's Day, #1 Son ordered take out from one of the best restaurants in town. Giant Rib-Eyes and lobstah bisque and chocolate cake. The most extravagant meal we've had in months!

Today, I baked a huge boule of sourdough bread. It was delicious, and a focaccia topped with kalamata olives, garlic, some rosemary from the garden, Parmigiano and olive oil for a snack. It was the only way I got a break from gardening!

Dinner was a stir-fry of cabbage, sliced Brussels sprouts, carrot, asparagus, chicken and a garlic, ginger sauce.- and homemade bread & butter. Watermelon shortly.

Buon Appitito!

Jim

Beachclubmum

Reaction score
Frustrated with cooking, I just made out a one month menu plan with theme nights for each day of the week and meals using what I have on hand mostly. Will need to buy some cheese, corn tortillas, and hamburger buns at some point but not much else. I feel a lot better not having to think so much.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score

Beachclubmum

Reaction score
Do take-out when this happens. It helps both you and locally owned restaurants.

Eating out skeeves me out. I don’t trust people. There was a next-door post 2 days ago about the Wendy’s down the street, that the employees were not wearing gloves and masks. When questioned about it they said they did not have to.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Eating out skeeves me out. I don’t trust people. There was a next-door post 2 days ago about the Wendy’s down the street
Fast food isn't the only choice. I'd bet there are locally owned eateries where the staff really cares about the health and well being of themselves and their customers. They want you back after this is over. And speaking of masks and gloves, do YOU wear them when you cook for your family? It goes both ways.

Jim

Beachclubmum

Reaction score
Fast food isn't the only choice. I'd bet there are locally owned eateries where the staff really cares about the health and well being of themselves and their customers. They want you back after this is over. And speaking of masks and gloves, do YOU wear them when you cook for your family? It goes both ways.

Jim

Honestly, I used to manage a USDA inspected food manufacturing plant and my standards and methods on food safety are very high, including in my own kitchen.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
We choose one restaurant a week and Order Take Out. It has to be a restaurant we like and in the Olden Days would Dine In.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Fortunately for us, I enjoy cooking and I am excited each night that I get to cook again. :) We did give ourselves a treat last week by ordering curbside pickup of 2 gluten-free thin crust pizzas from our golf course restaurant. It was delicious and I gained 2 lbs the following morning.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Last night we had... Leftover fish from "Blue Water Bay."
I made beans+rice and a salad w-walnuts+blueberries.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
Foodsby has started neighborhood delivery for lunches for $1.99 flat fee per meal or a $9.99 monthly fee for unlimited delivery (and you get a month for free!). No tipping.

I used them at work all the time. I don't know how the neighborhood delivery model will work.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I am DONE cooking. Made lasagna this week, batch and a half so I could take a tray to my parents. We'll finish it up tomorrow. I have some smoked pork chops that need to be used before the end of the month, but that's just heating them up and choosing a side dish or two from freezer and pantry. I froze chili, stew and soup, so that's as close to homemade as we'll get for awhile. Then it's back to Lean Cuisine or sandwiches for dinner unless we (meaning he) throw burgers on the grill. Two months of comfort food, and the scale shows it. I don't even have a taste for take out at this point. I need to break out of my perpetual food coma.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I'm busy cleaning my garage, so the slow cooker is doing the heavy lifting today. Making a Chili Cheese Hot Dog casserole thing, from a recipe I found online. https://cooktopcove.com/2017/05/03/how-to-make-chili-cheese-hot-dog-casserole-in-a-slow-cooker/

Not fancy, but sounds good. We'll see. Hot dog buns, sliced hot dogs, canned chili, diced onions, cheddar cheese, and a bit of Dijon mustard. I added a can of diced green chillies just to give it a little punch. Layered together, it looks messy as all get out. We'll see how it tastes. Will serve it with sour cream on top, and some fresh salsa chips on the side.

Dave