• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What are you cooking?

rboesl

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Village Beach & Golf Resort
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Villa del Arco Cobo
Grandview Las Vegas
Vacation Village at Bonaventure
Since I retired I do all the cooking. And with my Father living with us for short time I get to splurge a little. I love my crockpots (I've got 4). But, I've decided to skip them a little for now. Recently made Hungarian goulash. Cheeseburger soup, Indian Butter Chicken over rice, and corned beef with cabbage & carrots. I did feed my crockpot fix and made a check roast in one (made beef gravy) with mashed potatoes and corn. Gotta figure out what's for dinner tomorrow.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Yesterday: Blacked Redfish and Crawfish Etouffee (from Harry's).
Lunch Today: Fish + Fries (leftover from Gator Dockside).
Dinner Today: Steak, Baked Potato & Broccoli (Texas Roadhouse).
Tomorrow: Ribs & Baked Potato (also, from Texas Roadhouse).

This social distancing ain't too bad.
Love Texas Roadhouse. The green beans are the best. Reminds me of my grandma's.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I just got back from the Big Island and my wife had corned beef and cabbage ready for me. It was great since I was gone for St. Patrick’s Day.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've made Senagalese Chicken Soup, multi-award-winning chili, and Guiness Lamb stew. We'll see what the rest of the week brings.

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nothing! Well no meat or fish. I keep forgetting to defrost the meat. We purchased a mini freezer last week. It is fully stocked. I usually shop every other day, so I keep forgetting to defrost some meat earlier in the day.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
A neighbor brought over some frozen pkg diced cauliflower stir fry. Said her family didn't like it. I'll give it a try with some seasoned chix thighs. If it's major fail, there's always take out.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Here is a picture of my Hawaiian Style Pork Roast after I shredded it and put it back in the pot. I made it with lots of sauce because my husband likes everything juicy so there is plenty of sauce for the rice. This is a made up recipe using up some things I had on hand.

1 pork loin (1-2 lbs.)
1 C. left over pineapple, cubed (or canned)
1 lg. boullion cube - any flavor (size for 2 cups of broth)
1/4 C. Soy Sauce
1 onion cubed
1 C. water
1 tablespoon minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste - soy sauce is salty so go easy and correct seasoning after cooking

2 bell peppers cut in strips (I had frozen ones in the freezer)
1 small carrot grated (I had some leftover from a salad - you can add any leftover veggies you have on-hand)
Corn starch slurry to thicken

Place the first 8 items in your Instant Pot and pressure cook for 25 min. - add 5 min if the pork is frozen.
Remove pork to a cutting board.
Turn Instant Pot off, and then set it to saute.
Stir in the bell pepper strips and shredded carrot.
Shred pork with 2 forks and add back to the instant pot.
Stir in the cornstarch slurry and continue to stir on saute, until veggies are fork tender, and sauce has thickened.

Serve over rice or noodles.

IMG_5444.JPG

Last edited:

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x3)
Marriott DC Points
Westin WKORV OFD
Monday was turkey noodle soup from the turkey carcass we had Saturday.
Tuesday was beans and rice
Wednesday was butter garlic roasted chicken with carrots and rice
tomorrow is steak asparagus and potatoes all on the grill
I want what you're having :D

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
About ten days ago, I decided to home-brine a brisket for St. Patrick's Day. It brined for a week, and I cooked that on Tuesday, and it was *glorious*. I used a pre-made pickling spice mix, and cooked in the slow cooker rather than stovetop. But still, really really good.

I've also been making no-knead baguettes, about one every 2-3 days, so that I have fresh bread without having to go out. Super simple and a nice luxury.

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is a picture of my Hawaiian Style Pork Roast after I shredded it and put it back in the pot. I made it with lots of sauce because my husband likes everything juicy so there is plenty of sauce for the rice. This is a made up recipe using up some things I had on hand.

1 pork loin (1-2 lbs.)
1 C. left over pineapple, cubed (or canned)
1 lg. boullion cube - any flavor (size for 2 cups of broth)
1/4 C. Soy Sauce
1 onion cubed
1 C. water
1 tablespoon minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste - soy sauce is salty so go easy and correct seasoning after cooking

2 bell peppers cut in strips (I had frozen ones in the freezer)
1 small carrot grated (I had some leftover from a salad - you can add any leftover veggies you have on-hand)
Corn starch slurry to thicken

Place the first 8 items in your Instant Pot and pressure cook for 25 min. - add 5 min if the pork is frozen.
Remove pork to a cutting board.
Turn Instant Pot off, and then set it to saute.
Stir in the bell pepper strips and shredded carrot.
Shred pork with 2 forks and add back to the instant pot.
Stir in the cornstarch slurry and continue to stir on saute, until veggies are fork tender, and sauce has thickened.

Serve over rice or noodles.

View attachment 18083

I am with your husband. I love anything on my rice. The good part is with the crock pot that is all those good vegetables cooked down. We like chicken and salsa and yes the name is the recipe. I have doubled the salsa we use over the years to the point that we now have as much as 3x the vegetables than meat and the great ragu that makes goes first.

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
About ten days ago, I decided to home-brine a brisket for St. Patrick's Day. It brined for a week, and I cooked that on Tuesday, and it was *glorious*. I used a pre-made pickling spice mix, and cooked in the slow cooker rather than stovetop. But still, really really good.

I've also been making no-knead baguettes, about one every 2-3 days, so that I have fresh bread without having to go out. Super simple and a nice luxury.
Wonder how brewers yeast would do for making bread. I know the reverse is horrible.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Pasta. Lots of pasta. My kids are already complaining. I do want to make Mississippi pot roast this weekend.
My son loves the Thai style ramen noodles I got. I wish we could’ve gotten the fresh version but this will do.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
My freezer(s) and pantry are more full than they ever have been. Even bought taco fixin's today for the first time in 20 years just because taco shells jumped out at me from otherwise empty shelves. Bought some of the flat on the bottom type, but I suspect they are easier to fill but explode apart on the first bite. No rice, pasta, flour or sugar to be found at the three stores we hit today. I think we can hunker down now and not go into a grocery store again unless Mom needs something.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
Tuesday - Made Corned Beef and Cabbage (Potatoes and carrots too) in the Instant Pot. We noshed on that for two days. :whooopie:

Had to go to the Dr's yesterday for a med check, so I went to the grocery store and scored some wonderful big fresh baked Bolillo rolls, so tonight - chili dogs.

Also in that trip I got a nice cut of beef, so tomorrow Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff :clap:

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
My freezer(s) and pantry are more full than they ever have been. Even bought taco fixin's today for the first time in 20 years just because taco shells jumped out at me from otherwise empty shelves. Bought some of the flat on the bottom type, but I suspect they are easier to fill but explode apart on the first bite. No rice, pasta, flour or sugar to be found at the three stores we hit today. I think we can hunker down now and not go into a grocery store again unless Mom needs something.

OH! Forgot to mention my $300 Vons/Albertsons trip garnered a winning Monopoly ticket -- $50 grocery gift card!

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I live alone, so I am making food selections in the order the foods will expire. So Milk items are this week, as is the salad items. Then the refrigerated items like previously prepped meals etc, go.

Keeping the cupboard and pantry items for the next few weeks.

I will have to go out and get eggs at some point, as I am running out of those.

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
I've got homemade chicken noodle soup simmering right now, but that will be for lunch tomorrow and to freeze for future. Tonight we're eating pork chops topped with a stuffing flavored with apple juice and apple slices, onion and celery.

i usually have a freezer full of Costco items like frozen shrimp, salmon, battered cod, etc., but have added more meats and some other prepared meals. So I decided to make a spread sheet that lists things I've got on hand by category: fresh, frozen ingredients, frozen ready to eat, plus meals I’ve got shelf stable ingredients for. I didn't list everything in my pantry, like tuna, because I know that's always in stock, I wanted to be sure I used what I've got and didn't forget it's there! I'm used to running out several times a week for fresh meat or ingredients and want to eliminate that.

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
Speaking of crockpots, does anyone have a brand they have bought recently that they would recommend? My old, round, tube shaped one I got for a wedding gift worked great. I can’t even remember the brand. Wish I had not got rid of it. I have a newer oval shaped one with lots of bells and whistles that cooks too fast and hot, even on low. It is a actually a Crock Pot brand.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Tonight we're doing our first curbside pickup from one of our favorite restaurants. Menu will be beet salad, tuna puttenasca for me, penne with sausage for dd and spaghetti bologense for dh. Dd ordered tiramisu for dessert, and he ordered the profiteroles. I'm having nothing for dessert as I'm still atoning for our trip to Maui and San Francisco.

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
All of y'all make me feel guilty for not feeding my husband better. In general we would eat out for late lunch or early dinner every day - we have for years. That's not happening now. So, we're eating pretty simple - Lean Cuisine, Atkins for him, salad, soup, etc. It's not that I don't cook - I did for years when I worked. Once we both retired we just grew accustomed to eating out every day. Expensive yes, but we would buy groceries and end up eating out anyway which meant we were throwing away food which bothered us. But, eventually I'll start cooking again if this current crisis draws out like we think it's going to. Besides, reading about all your dishes is getting me in the mood to start cooking.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Speaking of crockpots, does anyone have a brand they have bought recently that they would recommend? My old, round, tube shaped one I got for a wedding gift worked great. I can’t even remember the brand. Wish I had not got rid of it. I have a newer oval shaped one with lots of bells and whistles that cooks too fast and hot, even on low. It is a actually a Crock Pot brand.

RIVAL

JudyH

TUG Member
Reaction score
I never realized how many people don’t cook or don’t like cooking. My mom was a great cook and so am I. Probably really picky because I wouldn’t eat most of your dishes listed above. In the past two weeks I have grilled filet migon, lamb chops, chicken, made osso bucco, meat loaf, home made pizza, chicken liver and grilled onions, pot roast and stuff peppers (Costco ). All with salad and veggies.
Just a side note, nothing mean, most of my new friends here in Florida eat out daily and at least half are significantly overweight. It’s hard to eat out here with large portions and lots of sauces. And breads.