• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What are you cooking?

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I've mentioned many time that we don't cook. We do Lean Cuisine, sandwiches, quesadillas, Progresso on pasta etc., and usually a "linner" out that throws off at least one meal of leftovers. Once or twice a month I'll make spaghetti sauce from scratch, lasagna or a casserole or stew. Cliff will do burgers or steak on the grill occasionally. So at most once a week we do something that could be considered "cooking".

But we are ramping up supplies with the idea of cooking more like three times a week. Tonight I'm making a North African casserole called babootie. A million years ago the LA Times had a column called Cartoon Kitchen where the entire recipe was contained in the four panels of a standard sized comic strip. The smell of the curry cooking is making my stomach scream for dinner! Will serve it with rice and broccoli.

geekette

Reaction score
today has been a massive vat of ham and bean soup. chilly rainy day, I like soup.

I am now mentally smelling curry.... I might just have everything I need for that... hmmm, already have chicken thawed out....

I like the sound of babootie. would make it just for the name!

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I have been so busy that I have had to squeeze in my cooking. Today I was so busy stocking up on food I didn't have time to cook it. LOL! That is why I have some convenience foods on hand. Tonight we had frozen peas and carrots and success brown rice and popcorn shrimp. Desert was a skinny cow ice cream pop as it usually is every night. Drinking green tea right now as I do every night also.

The other day for hubby I made pork chops with barbecue sauce in the crockpot with baked potatoes and frozen peas. He will have the left over chops tomorrow. For me I sauteed tempeh since I do not really eat meat for the most part. Another day we had baked cod with butter. And another night we had bow tie pasta with sauce and turkey meatballs.

I mostly cook simple.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Dh cooks I don't. Yesterday he came home from the hospital and I made the turkey breast in the slow cooker that he was going to make, with baked potatoes. Tonight we're having the corned beef and cabbage that he had planned for last night.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Made chili on Sunday, pork chops with mushrooms in a dijon sauce on Monday, crock pot Turkey breast last night, and split pea tonight. We have been eating the leftovers for lunch. All are from skinnytaste recipes.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I have been so busy that I have had to squeeze in my cooking. Today I was so busy stocking up on food I didn't have time to cook it. LOL! That is why I have some convenience foods on hand. Tonight we had frozen peas and carrots and success brown rice and popcorn shrimp. Desert was a skinny cow ice cream pop as it usually is every night. Drinking green tea right now as I do every night also.

The other day for hubby I made pork chops with barbecue sauce in the crockpot with baked potatoes and frozen peas. He will have the left over chops tomorrow. For me I sauteed tempeh since I do not really eat meat for the most part. Another day we had baked cod with butter. And another night we had bow tie pasta with sauce and turkey meatballs.

I mostly cook simple.

I am waiting for it to hit the fan when Cliff blames me for getting rid of the two crock pots we never used. He stood right there at last spring's garage sale and accepted money for them, but I know he won't remember!

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Dh cooks I don't. Yesterday he came home from the hospital and I made the turkey breast in the slow cooker that he was going to make, with baked potatoes. Tonight we're having the corned beef and cabbage that he had planned for last night.

How is he doing? Did he turn out to have had a stoke, or no?

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I am waiting for it to hit the fan when Cliff blames me for getting rid of the two crock pots we never used. He stood right there at last spring's garage sale and accepted money for them, but I know he won't remember!

I can't live without my crock pot. I have a brand new one put away in case my other one breaks.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
How is he doing? Did he turn out to have had a stoke, or no?
I posted an update on the other thread. No stroke. I'm still not sure I understand what it was. May have been a clot. He's on blood thinners and another medication. He feels much better.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Hawaiian Style Pork Roast in the Instant Pot served over brown rice, and salad.

I discovered a reasonably priced grocery delivery service that I'm going to start using on Friday. My daughter has used them for awhile and likes them. https://www.imperfectfoods.com They aren't affiliated with a grocery story - more of a discount wholesaler. This is my first order, and I probably won't order so much every week - this week I'm trying things out to see what's a keeper. We are trying to stay home and out of the stores as much as possible. *Note that what I think is reasonable in CA, probably doesn't seem reasonable to you, if you are in the mid-west or south.

REGULAR BOX

Product
QuantityPrice
Conventional Asparagus (1 ct)1$1.49
Conventional Potatoes (1 lb)1$0.79
Conventional Carrots (1 lb)1$0.85
Conventional Yellow Onion (1 lb)1$0.99
Conventional Green Onions (1 ct)1$0.69
Conventional Cauliflower (1 ct)1$2.99
Mary's Ground Turkey (16 oz)1$4.99
Imperfect Foods - Chicken Breast (14 oz)2$7.98
Imperfect Foods - Pork Chops (11 oz)1$4.99
Roth Prairie Sunset Cheese (6 oz)1$2.99
Diestel Turkey Ranch Turkey Burgers (16 oz)1$8.99

Angelic Bakehouse Sprouted Whole Grain 7-Grain Bread (16 oz)1$2.99
Angelic Bakehouse Sprouted Whole Grain Hamburger Buns (8 pack)1$3.29
Imperfect Foods - Organic Rice Noodles (12 oz)1$3.49
Organic Sweet Potatoes (1 ct)2$2.98
Sunrich Barista Almond Milk Creamer (32 oz)1$1.99
Imperfect Foods - Aged Raw Milk Sharp White Cheddar Cheese (8 oz)1$3.49
Graziers Grass-Fed Butter - Salted (8 oz)2$8.58
Imperfect Foods - Creamy Unsalted Peanut Butter (12 oz)1$1.99
Cento Tomato Paste (6 oz)2$0.98
Organic Celery (1 ct)1$1.69
Anna Potato Gnocchi (17.6 oz)1$1.99
Welcome Kit1$0.00
Subtotal$71.20

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
These are some of the stuff I made last week and planned for the upcoming week:
- Chicken vegetable soup - my own recipe which I posted in a separate thread
- Smoke pork ribs with mashed potatoes, brussel sprouts, with caprese as an appetizer
- Beef with bell peppers and onions in a slow cooker
- Shepherd's Pie
- Split pea soup with smoked ham hock in Instant Pot
- Corned Beef and since we don't have cabbage, we are doing baby pak choy stir fry
- Chicken salad
- Spaghetti Squash topped with red sauce, mixed in with Italian sausage, bell pepper, mushroom

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Glad your DH is home and on the mend. Home cooked food helps.

These posts remind me that I have corned beef and cabbage in the fridge to cook. Will cook in the crock pot and make reubens with the leftovers this weekend. Need to up my crockpot game.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I also found a project for my cabin-feverish husband to do - he's building a nice raised bed for a salad garden. Yes, he had to go to Lowe's, but he went at 6 am when the store was practically empty and got everything in one trip.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
When dh cooks he generally makes enough for lunches and also to freeze for later on. We have enough to live on for awhile, but he'll continue to cook.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Today I made baked crispy shrimp over lentil pasta.
This past week cooked, beyond meat Meatballs, Crispy Baked Tofu, Mushroom onion frittata, Scallop Fajitas, chickpea tuna (no tuna in it), baked salmon

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I’ve been addicted to the omelet in the mornings. Tonight I made a NY Strip and sautéed broccoli

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
Monday was turkey noodle soup from the turkey carcass we had Saturday.
Tuesday was beans and rice
Wednesday was butter garlic roasted chicken with carrots and rice
tomorrow is steak asparagus and potatoes all on the grill

geekette

Reaction score
I’ve been addicted to the omelet in the mornings. Tonight I made a NY Strip and sautéed broccoli
serving my dishes !!! omelets are appropriate any time of day. I don't ever turn down a steak. Usually steam my broccoli, so thank you for that idea to do something a little different.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since we are home, and have full freezers and pantry we are splurging in the kitchen some. I fixed Corned Beef and cabbage on Monday (duh) and polished it off yesterday. Tonight we had some Costco artichokes (huge) with delicate lemon mayo, some baked bnls/sknls chicken thighs with a mix of ranch dressing powder/evoo/and garlic, a fruit & cottage cheese salad.

We have decided that there is no point of saving the 'good' dishes. The 'kids' don't want it, so we're using the sterling and crystal and china. Nothing is 'too good to use'!

Jim

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
serving my dishes !!! omelets are appropriate any time of day. I don't ever turn down a steak. Usually steam my broccoli, so thank you for that idea to do something a little different.
I’m one of those I-talians, everything with garlic and oil lol.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I’m one of those I-talians, everything with garlic and oil lol.
I love garlic, always roasting it to put in my dishes. Roasting makes it sweeter.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Yesterday: Blackened Redfish and Crawfish Etouffee (from Harry's).
Lunch Today: Fish + Fries (leftover from Gator Dockside).
Dinner Today: Steak & Baked Potato (Texas Roadhouse), added Broccoli.
Tomorrow: Ribs & Baked Potato (also, from Texas Roadhouse).

This social distancing ain't too bad.

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I made a cauliflower crust pizza for me, a single crust, baked in my new Pampered Chef air fryer on the bake option. Baked in 10 minutes on parchment paper, turned it over half way through cooking. Delicious crust with a crunch to it.

Recipe: 1 Cup riced cauliflower microwaved for 8 minutes, cool it down about ten minutes, then add an egg white, a tsp of italian seasoning and 1/4 C of mozzarella cheese. Pat it onto the parchment paper in a circle about 1/4" thick. Bake 5 minutes, turn it over with a second sheet of parchment paper, then bake another 5 minutes (400 degrees). Take it out and cool it down for about five minutes. Add 1/4 C of Rao's sauce, mushrooms, peppers, turkey pepperoni, and about another 1/4 C of mozzarella cheese. Bake for another 3 minutes at 400 degrees. Lovely thing. Ate the entire thing. Added bonus, you get a lot of fiber with that recipe.