• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What Are The Best Musicals of All Time?

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would like to point out that the remake of West Side Story is absolutely horrible. The list has so much on it, I wonder if any musicals are missing - maybe The Producers (which I loved).

Dori

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
My favourites would be Beauty and the Beast and Lion King. As an aside, our local high school was used as the setting for School of Rock with Jack Black. Every day, when I drove by on my way to the school where I taught, I would see banners draped over the exterior, and old cars parked in the circular driveway. Sometimes I would see equipment being moved in and out.

Dori

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I would like to point out that the remake of West Side Story is absolutely horrible. The list has so much on it, I wonder if any musicals are missing - maybe The Producers (which I loved).
My daughter and I loved the new version. At least all of the actors were doing their own singing.

Reaction score
My daughter and I loved the new version. At least all of the actors were doing their own singing.
I haven't seen it, but one thing that helped the new version is the fact they used actual Latin/Hispanic actors instead of "brown-face". In the original, many singers were dubbed by others. Some parts of the original script were tweaked, but the main storyline stayed true.

TS

Reaction score
Personally, the biggest musical that influenced my life was THE MUSIC MAN with Robert Preston as Prof Harold Hill. No, I didn't want to start a band, but it helped push me into school and college bands (1984 - 2002). Little did I know, 1500 miles away in a suburb of Boston, a girl was sung "Goodnight My Someone" as a lullaby ("someone" changed to her name") by her mom, who played the mayor's daughter when she (the mom) was in high school in the 1960s. I married that girl (I was 37, she was 38) in 2009 and found this tidbit out a year later. I haven't seen the newer version with Broadway star Matthew Broderick, but it doesn't matter, musicals can be reworked as long as the storyline stays the same.

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
Humming 76 Trombones...

One of my summer splurges is tickets to Maine State Music Theater. When I was married, we had season tickets. Now I just buy the tickets a la carte, choosing the seats I'd like for each show. (It's amazing how close I can sit when I only want 1 ticket!) I've seen South Pacific already, and Funny Girl is up next. Then White Christmas and Beautiful. Always a fun time! I love live theater!