• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What are my reservation options?

Luvscoffee

Reaction score
I’m in the process of purchasing week 2 at Beach House. Should close next month provided it passes ROFR.

Current owner has not booked week 2 for 2021. We’re going to Maui March 1. Ideally, would like to stay a week at HRC Kaanapali Beach. Figuring if there was ever a year with availability, it would be this upcoming winter. We are open to booking elsewhere through II, as well.

What are my booking options? When do my week 2 points for 2021 need to be used by if points are in CUP or EE? Would I be better off to have current owner move points to EEE? Thanks!

Last edited:

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You should have 2200 CUP points when it closes. You can use this to book anything within HRC that is available up until your check in date in 2021. After your check in date any remaining points will go to LCUP for a period of 6 months which means that the reservation must be made within 60 days.

I would guess that you will miss the interval cut off (points must be deposited 4 months prior to check in). However, you can still exchange using interval with CUP points.

Personally, I would keep the points in CUP because I think the points are more valuable within Hyatt.

If your travel dates are flexible, I would think you should be able to get some pretty decent bookings. If you are tied to a school calendar (like me) it's a bit more challenging, but you should be able to find something.

The nice thing is you will have 2200 more points available for your 2022 points just a few months after you close.

Luvscoffee

Reaction score
Thank you. Does the stay have to occur prior to my owned week (week 2) or does the reservation just need to be made by my owned week?

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you. Does the stay have to occur prior to my owned week (week 2) or does the reservation just need to be made by my owned week?

CUP points can be used for any available reservation. The date of the stay does not matter. The best availability is six months out.

You can use CUP points for available stays in II too. But to use your points in II with points from other years you have to follow the EEE rules.

Try not to let your points go to LCUP. They are difficult to use.

Hyatt has a lot of rules. Get to know them. At least now they send owners emails to remind us about our uses and EEE deadlines.

GTLINZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

The stay does not, but if you don't use some or all of the points tied to that unit before the owned week the points themselves will become restricted (will go from CUP to LCUP). LCUP points are good for 6 months after that week, and are restricted to reservations within 60 days. Points not used before the end of the LCUP period will go away. LCUP points are not eligible to be used in II. That is why you will see owners say not to let your points go into LCUP as they become a lot less flexible.

Once you get your CUP points you can see anything that is available up to a year out. If an owner books his home reservation it is off the table unless cancelled. If an owner uses ANY points tied to a unit they lose the home reservation and it becomes available immediately. If an owner books part of his home unit (a lockoff or a short week) the rest becomes available. If an owner does nothing and does not complete their home reservation before six months out it becomes available. You see a lot of inventory come available 6 months out.