• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

what are 2009 maint fees for Dolphin's Cove 1 bed?

JulieAB

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lifetime in Hawaii, Disney's Grand Californian
Anyone know? Not worldmark, just a deeded 1 bedroom (type b or type c). I can't get anyone to give me an answer unless I was an owner with an account number! :doh:

djyamyam

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Maint fee 510.09
Reserve fee 85.73
Property tax 93.11

Total Due 688.93

JulieAB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Interesting! That's the 3rd number I've seen now...$630 & $704 were the others. :rolleyes:

Thanks!! :)

djyamyam

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting! That's the 3rd number I've seen now...$630 & $704 were the others. :rolleyes:

Thanks!! :)

Ours is a 1BR "B" unit. I went back and pulled out the 2009 budget. The MFs are as follows:

"A" 1BR - $629.54
"B" 1BR - $688.93
"C" 1BR - $691.38
"D" 2BR - $738.41
"E" 2BR - $789.19
"F" 3BR - $852.56

There was a hefty increase over 2008 MFs, with the bulk of the increase in the reserve factor.

JulieAB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks! That helps a lot as I'm looking, maybe I'll hold out for a 2 bedroom. The increase makes sense since I spoke to the resort and they said they were doing upgrades throughout this year like new pull-out sofas and patio furniture.

Does this mean the fees will remain the same or greater next year, even though the increase was mainly in reserves? Or would they go back down once the reserves were replenished?

I only have my other TS to compare it to, and once the fees go up, reserves or whatever, they only increase from there. We had a 20% increase ourselves this year! :(

djyamyam

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Finding a 2BR would be a good idea, especially to give you more space for not a significant increase in MFs. We own all sizes. Even if you own a 1BR, you can upgrade a unit size on a reservation within a certain time frame from check-in for an additional fee.

In re-reading the budget notes on the reserve increases, It's a staggered plan so I suspect we'll see some sustained increases for a few years. They call it bumping up the reserves but it suspiciously looks like a special assessment discuised as reserves increase based on what the reserve money is being used for. It was late when I looked at it and the brain wasn't functioning. I'll have to review it again.

Last edited:

JulieAB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hmmm, maybe I should stick to a 1 bedroom afterall! Did it say how much they would bump it over the years?

How are the units as traders? Have you tried to pull DVC in RCI yet? We'll mostly use it ourselves each year, but we'd like to go to Disneyworld at some point.

djyamyam

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Doesn't say specifcally but it looks live a 5 year plan

I've never really traded our units.