• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What’s your go to vacation/timeshare food and/or drink?

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
Depending on where we are. In Hawaii we always stock up on Koloa Dark Rum and POG at Costco. Other than Poke food will vary. Have to get Loco Moco the first morning. In Mexico it is Tequila, Modelo, Tecate, local chips, and fresh salsa. If it is a drive to location we always carry Irish Whisky, Scot Whisky, Modelo, and Tecate. Patti many times will bring a dinner for the first night so after unpacking we can just put our feet up. Patti will bring at least 1 white wine and 1 red wine. If we are in Nevada or California we always make a Costco Run for Liqour. We more than Pay for our gas in the money we save over Oregon Prices.

Oh yaaaasss,

The Koloa products are awesome! I too pick that up when vacationing in Hawaii. They make excellent mixes too. I really like their Mai Tai mix.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
Diane,

I make several Mexican food items what I would consider quite well (tacos, enchiladas, my own Mexican Pizzas, etc).

I have Tried, UNSUCCESSFULLY to make Burritos.

I am hoping you can help me with whatever your recipe is for "...burrito filling..." above.

I am hosting Saturday evening, and making MEXICAN food----maybe will try it THEN!!

Thanks,
Pat

Hi Pat, sure I can! My burritos would probably make most Mexicans roll over in their grave, I'm not sure how authentic they are, but DH and our boys loved and still love them. I adapted a recipe I saw in an ad in a magazine for Old El Paso Burrito Mix many years ago.
In my electric skillet I brown 1lb ground beef breaking it up into fine pieces and when its nearly done I throw in a small to medium diced onion to cook. I add the Old El Paso burrito mix along with a scant 1 cup of water (envelope says to add 1 1/3 c water -don't) and stir to dissolve in with the meat. I add about 2 cups of extra chunky salsa sauce (your choice of strength - I use Medium) and 1 (8oz?) pkg of frozen chopped spinach which has been thawed and the water squeezed out. Mix all that together and simmer until the juice from the salsa has evaporated but the mixture is still moist. Sprinkle about a cup of cheese (cheddar or what ever you prefer) over the mixture and let it melt. Spoon filling onto wraps, roll up and enjoy! DH, our DS's & grandson add extra hot sauce (Franks) to the mixture before rolling but the medium salsa is spicy enough for me! I found the wraps don't freeze well or for long so I make the filling and freeze it, then thaw and add to fresh wraps when we want to eat them. I usually double the recipe and DH preferers that when I do, I don't double up on the spinach.

~Diane

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Nothing special, just the way we eat at home, other than hit some of our favorite restaurants for both lunch and dinner. First night we always eat out and head to the grocery store to get some basic stuff like bottled water, peanut butter and almond milk. We always bring our own gluten-free bread. On day 2, we head to the stores to get real shopping after we have our lunch and lunch is always out whether we are home or travelling. We always look for a Costco for ribeye caps, and local store chain for stuff like spaghetti squash, a bottle of pasta sauce, hot italian sausages, an onion and a bell pepper. My husband loves my guacamole so we also get ingredients from the store and tortilla chips. He will get a couple of bottles of wine for the nights when we eat in.

PaulaC

TUG Member
Reaction score
For me it’s Big Wave or LongBoard Beer and Maui Onion chips. But we have also been getting the Taro donuts at the bakery for breakfast.

Oooh, the Maui chips, Maui CookKwees, ribeye steaks, lots of libations (vodka, beer, wine, champagne)!

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Pat, sure I can! My burritos would probably make most Mexicans roll over in their grave, I'm not sure how authentic they are, but DH and our boys loved and still love them. I adapted a recipe I saw in an ad in a magazine for Old El Paso Burrito Mix many years ago.
In my electric skillet I brown 1lb ground beef breaking it up into fine pieces and when its nearly done I throw in a small to medium diced onion to cook. I add the Old El Paso burrito mix along with a scant 1 cup of water (envelope says to add 1 1/3 c water -don't) and stir to dissolve in with the meat. I add about 2 cups of extra chunky salsa sauce (your choice of strength - I use Medium) and 1 (8oz?) pkg of frozen chopped spinach which has been thawed and the water squeezed out. Mix all that together and simmer until the juice from the salsa has evaporated but the mixture is still moist. Sprinkle about a cup of cheese (cheddar or what ever you prefer) over the mixture and let it melt. Spoon filling onto wraps, roll up and enjoy! DH, our DS's & grandson add extra hot sauce (Franks) to the mixture before rolling but the medium salsa is spicy enough for me! I found the wraps don't freeze well or for long so I make the filling and freeze it, then thaw and add to fresh wraps when we want to eat them. I usually double the recipe and DH preferers that when I do, I don't double up on the spinach.

~Diane

Thanks, I will add Old El Paso Burrito Seasoning to my grocery list.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I can...but errr I’m a plump dude. I just force my self to indulge.

Waste not want not.

Sooooooo true. I ALWAYS buy a couple pints of our favorites and then my the last night, we are forcing them down to make sure they don't go to waste. I have also been known to eat the pint for breakfast the morning of our departure day...….

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Leaving town, I buy a Tomahawk steak at Costco -- if leaving on a weekend, prime strip steaks other days -- plus large baking potatoes and fresh artichokes (large, meaty organic artichokes are available most of the year, it seems, but at a grocery store, not Costco). The tomahawk steak is good for three meals -- grilled steak straight-up night 1, French dip night 3, steak and eggs for breakfast when I am super hungry for breakfast (usually the morning after my wife's choice of vegetarian restaurants for dinner the night before).

Stock up on wine in the adjacent Costco liquor (weird CO laws) with at least one bottle of 2016 Columbia Crest Horse Heaven Hills cab to go with the steaks.

NOLA47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations and Escapes to the Shores Orange Beach
We have a pretty big group with kids and grands when we go to the beach each year. I make a grocery list before arriving at the time share so that I don't waste time and to avoid so many visits to the grocery. I do have a cart with staples I have at home so that I don't spend money on things I already have. We've learned over the years that the kids prefer to not eat out. I have a list of what is needed at the resort that I have refined over the years. It really helps. Toward the end of our stay if we have freeze pops left, my daughter will share them with the kids and the kids at heart around the pool. Also, if we have eggs left, I boil them the night before leaving and the kids take them on their drive home.

itradehilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
If we're driving DH has a tote of kitchen supplies he prefers to use and we have a well stocked freezer to pick our meat choices. When we fly in Hawaii we buy ingredients for loco mocks, poki, but bring our own Gluten Free bread and sauces in our luggage. On the balcony wine, whisky and a chacutery plate.

kagnew64

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Our TS is in Mexico and we buy fresh fruit, bread, slices meats, cheese, pastry. Modelo, wine, fresh vegtables, chips. We usually eat all breakfasts and some lunches in the room.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
For in state driving trips (well except for Palm Springs where I would cheerfully eat every meal at Sherman's if Cliff would allow it) our first stop is Alpine Village for German sausage, sauerkraut, red cabbage, German bread and cheese, beer and dessert pastry. That will cover two dinners for us at about $80. Otherwise we alternate a meal out with leftovers the next day. I don't cook at home, so I'm not about to on vacation, and the Lean Cuisine we eat at home is not to darken the doorway of our timeshare. If we are in Hawaii the grocery run includes a pineapple or pineapple slices, cherries, Mr. T's Mai Tai Mix, dark rum, Hawaiian shortbread cookies (coffee and original flavors).

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Oatmeal, preferably Quaker Oats. Fruit and veggies. Salmon. A case of wine. Dark chocolate. Things have definitely changed for old Bill, lol.

Bill

Reaction score
After I check in, I always load up on my favourite vacation food by doing a bee line to the local grocery store. I call them balcony foods. The snacks I enjoy while chilling on the balcony.

Here is my must have list:

1. Tortilla chips, salsa, cheese and hot peppers.
2. A case of beer. Preferably Mexican beer.
3. AND IF I AM IN HAWAII — poke. If not, SUSHI.

Oh yes, let heaven begin.

What’s your bee line/must have food/drinks once you check in?

We have a small egg cooker, which we bring. I always have English muffins, Canadian bacon and Hollaindaise mix. Love eggs Benedict timeshare style. Just leaving Grand Cayman. Bought prepared food at Hurley's and Fosters. Supplemented with fresh lobster tails on sale. Three meals for 67 caymen dollars.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Ocean Club Napili building, Lawai Beach Resort
We have a small egg cooker, which we bring. I always have English muffins, Canadian bacon and Hollaindaise mix. Love eggs Benedict timeshare style. Just leaving Grand Cayman. Bought prepared food at Hurley's and Fosters. Supplemented with fresh lobster tails on sale. Three meals for 67 caymen dollars.
Yummy! What kind of egg cooker?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wine, Irish Cream or Margaritas depending on the time of year or my mood. Shrimp cocktail. Horseradish extra sharp Cabot cheese and VT crackers. For later in the week nachos and (melted) cheese (Cabot extra sharp) with hot salsa.

For a dinner- Hannford's bourbon salmon. I also like to get a bar of Lake Champlain dark chocolate.

Wow we are exact in your first four (4) sentences. One major difference, I must have my ribeye steaks and we must have fresh ocean salmon (no farm raise salmons ).

Add on a bag of Traders Joe’s Coffee.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark

I just happened upon a small can of Hollandaise in the grocery store two weeks ago so brought it home. Bought English muffins Thursday, had to go to Smart & Final yesterday because Von's didn't have Canadian bacon. Bought some asparagus for a side dish. Not sure when I'll put it together to see how the canned sauce is, perhaps Christmas morning. Big question is to how best to poach the eggs -- the little cups that sit over boiling water in the special pan tend to make the firmer than I think eggs should be for Benedict.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Wow we are exact in your first four (4) sentences. One major difference, I must have my ribeye steaks and we must have fresh ocean salmon (no farm raise salmons ).

Add on a bag of Traders Joe’s Coffee.

Cliff lived in Seattle "before my time", so don't even try to serve him salmon that wasn't swimming this morning. I'm not so picky. One of my favorite dishes ever is angel hair pasta, sliced garlic, red onions, capers, salmon, parmesan cheese. It hasn't been on the menu in the restaurant that used to serve it for 15 years. I was still able to request it up until 10 years ago, last time the chef seemed mystified by my request.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
Coffee and breakfast from the Cinnamon Roll Place in Kihei.

62%20Breakfast%20from%20Cinnamon%20Roll%20Fair.jpg

cgeidl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We go to Hawaii for three or four weeks a year. We daily have home made mai tais with Trader Vics ,dark rum, big spears of fresh pineapple,and dark rum with 151 Meyers rum floated on top. We alternate between Maui chips and a can of macadamia nuts.