• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What’s the weirdest, embarrassing, strangest event you saw by accident while travelling?

Brett

Reaction score
Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Well, there was a guy in a g-string at the pool today at Sheraton Vistana Villages. Thankfully we were working and could only see the view from our window. Otherwise we would have probably had to be at the pool. For clarification this wasn't a Speedo, it was a g-string.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
We were in San Francisco on a Sunday morning on our way to a Giant's game. We had just boarded the N-Judah train (light rail) for the last leg of our trip. Standing on the platform outside my window there was a heavy set church lady. She was all dressed up in her Sunday best, including a hat. Since it was Sunday morning, I assumed she was on her way to church. As soon as I sat down and looked out the window, she took a few steps closer, hiked up her dress, lifted her leg, and showed me the crotch of her big white granny panties. I turned to my husband and said did you see that? When she saw him look, she did it again. :shrug::shrug:

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Not exactly traveling since San Francisco is close to our house, but one time we were driving down Market Street, and passed a number of groups of naked bicycle riders. R

I googled to see if there was some special reason, and discovered it was national ride naked bike ride day or something to that effect...

Riding a bicycle naked through traffic is never something I considered doing...

Krteczech

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Towers at Mullet Bay, SXM
Silverado II, CO
I was about 23 years and worked as a tour guide in Croatia for summer season. Large resort I was working for offered a lot of activities day and night. One day I was asked and agreed to be a judge in that evening beauty competition. To my surprise all contestants were guys and the swim suite part was followed by NO Speedo dance competition . WOW, You should see the audience applauding and getting their best from dancing competitors.

Firepath

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
I was recently browsing thru RCI actually looking for a renter who wanted a place to recover from a surgery. I think it was central Florida and the only resort nearby was for nudists. Could make for an interesting recovery!

SusanRN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe someone can explain this event to me, because I still don't understand it....
I had taken my two teenage daughters, both horse lovers, to visit a famous French stable in the countryside -- I don't remember exactly where, but it was late November (Thanksgiving week) in about 2000. The management urged everyone to leave quickly at closing time. After we had left, I walked back to the entrance, intending to ask a question. I paused a distance away. There was a line of people dressed in hooded burgundy cloaks and, I believe, wearing masks slowly filing into the facility. I was thunderstruck. I later saw this sort of apparel in the movie "Eyes Wide Shut."
What the heck was going on? Was it a religious observance? an orgy?!
Susan

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Maybe someone can explain this event to me, because I still don't understand it....
I had taken my two teenage daughters, both horse lovers, to visit a famous French stable in the countryside -- I don't remember exactly where, but it was late November (Thanksgiving week) in about 2000. The management urged everyone to leave quickly at closing time. After we had left, I walked back to the entrance, intending to ask a question. I paused a distance away. There was a line of people dressed in hooded burgundy cloaks and, I believe, wearing masks slowly filing into the facility. I was thunderstruck. I later saw this sort of apparel in the movie "Eyes Wide Shut."
What the heck was going on? Was it a religious observance? an orgy?!
Susan
Kind of like this?
(movie trailer)

Last edited:

aamarquez8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC (ccv), MGC, MGV
It was probably our 1st or 2nd family trip to the mainland visiting relatives so we were still learning the area. visited my WA sister first then my OR aunt 2nd. We decided to spend a day with my sister b4 flying back home so went on Expedia to book a 1night stay in WA b4 we left OR.

My husband said "HELL No" once we took the freeway exit the area looked sketchy. we arrived at the hotel & my husband said to bring everything to the room, our room was 2nd floor, no elevator (luckily we had 2 teenage boyz). once we got upstairs we opened the door & found a guy comfortably eating his pizza on the bed half naked. The front desk got an earful from my husband, expedia refunded us and my sister took us in. lesson learned.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We were staying at the Beverly Hills Marriott on our way to Maui and a guy at the Hotel entrance was unloading his car to checkin and was using a luggage roller. The hotel entrance had a slight slope and the guy took his eye off the loaded luggage roller for a second and the roller started down the slope and proceeded to roll into the street across 4 lanes of traffic as the guy could only watch it in disbelief. Somehow It raced right through the intersection and didn’t get hit or cause an accident and even stayed upright. The roller was full with his work computer and their personal effects and it would’ve ruined his family’s trip or worse hurt someone if it got run over but luckily it didn’t. That person was me and now we laugh about it but at the time it was nerve racking because I had some important projects to complete while on our Maui trip and if my computer was destroyed I would’ve been screwed.

SusanRN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Kind of like this?
(movie trailer)
I don't think the masks were as distinctive as those in the movie trailer -- maybe just enough to disguise the face -- but, frankly, I don't remember exactly.
We actually saw similar robes in Cordoba during Holy Week a couple of years later -- a procession of hundreds of men wearing KKK-type long hooded robes, mostly burgundy, but also groups in other colors. They were proceeding to the local cathedral. One group was carrying a large statue of the Virgin on a platform. You can catch a glimpse of the clothing here:
There was also a group of musicians playing religious music, just as in the video above.
I am neither Spanish nor Roman Catholic, so I wasn't familiar with the ritual. It was quite impressive, however. That's why I asked if the event at the stable in France might have been religious.
Thank you for the response.
Susan