• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What’s the craziest thing you did while on vacation?

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
I must say.

I am a very conservative person.

So, for me, this was the craziest thing I have done while vacationing.

While in Kauai, a friend of mine recommended me check out Secret Beach in Kauai. As I really enjoy finding out of the way beaches where ever I go, I went on my quest to find Secret Beach.

Well, I found it.

This place reminded me of Warren Buffett’s famous quote.

“You know who has been skinny dipping when the tide rolls out.”

Well, at Secret Beach, the tide rolled out and the few people there were skinny dipping.

Hmmmmm.

Oh what the heck. Might as well skinny dip too. I look both ways and away I go.

Oh the rush from being naughty felt so good!

So, what’s your craziest thing you did while in Vacation?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
:D

More details :) = were you alone? Did you have company? Did that person go skinny dipping too? Inquiring minds want to know

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
3 summers ago I went white-water rafting near Aspen. I have rafted before so I'm not clueless. Against my instincts, I went on a guided trip that had class V whitewater. One of the stupidist things I have ever done. I got tossed from the raft in the class V section and seriously almost died. I'm not just saying that as an expression. Scariest experience of my entire life. Since then, I have vowed to "trust my gut" when something doesn't seem like a good idea. I'm grateful to be alive.

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
:D

More details :) = were you alone? Did you have company? Did that person go skinny dipping too? Inquiring minds want to know

Nope, not alone. Yes, they did. And yes....the 3 Coronas guzzled before the act was committed sure helped.

And... I learned that day Hawaii has nude beaches.

I only feel sorry for the poor folks whose sorry eyes had to witness a plump dude in his birthday suit wading in the ocean yelling.

YAAAAASSSS!

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
We did an open ocean shark dive on our 10th anniversary. (Preceded by 2 aquarium shark dives in Maui and Georgia) I tell people that think we're crazy that the aquarium sharks are VERY well fed. The open ocean dive was probably riskier, but nurse and Caribbean reef sharks are not aggressive.

I would consider a cage dive around white sharks to be really crazy. I would probably christen my wet suit on one of those.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
3 summers ago I went white-water rafting near Aspen. I have rafted before so I'm not clueless. Against my instincts, I went on a guided trip that had class V whitewater. One of the stupidist things I have ever done. I got tossed from the raft in the class V section and seriously almost died. I'm not just saying that as an expression. Scariest experience of my entire life. Since then, I have vowed to "trust my gut" when something doesn't seem like a good idea. I'm grateful to be alive.
I'm fairly adventurous but this scares me almost as much as anything. It's been my one "heck no" activity.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm fairly adventurous but this scares me almost as much as anything. It's been my one "heck no" activity.
Once I got out of the river, it then became a challenge to get out of the canyon I was in. The easiest solution was to get back into a raft but I was so terrified that I completely refused. I had to hike out while injured, wet, and freezing cold. It required a ton of climbing. NIGHTMARE. The entire "post" process took me about 4 hours before I got back to Aspen.

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
Taking my wife on her first backpacking trip and walking through inches of rain on the first day. I am glad she had no access to a lawyer that day. The rest of the trip was beautiful and she had a good time.

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
Once I got out of the river, it then became a challenge to get out of the canyon I was in. The easiest solution was to get back into a raft but I was so terrified that I completely refused. I had to hike out while injured, wet, and freezing cold. It required a ton of climbing. NIGHTMARE. The entire "post" process took me about 4 hours before I got back to Aspen.

Sure glad everything ended up ok even though it was a traumatic experience.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Buying a timeshare at retail! (just kidding-I'm on TUG! I know better)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Water skiing in southern Mississippi with alligators chilling on the shore no more than 20 feet away. Prolly the craziest I've done.
That or giving my passport as a deposit for a motorbike in Vietnam lol!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

mbh

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

This brought back memories. I went on a white water rafting trip on the Snake River after massive snowmelt. Raft flipped over and pinned me to a rock. Ended up in the hospital for 2 days. Needless to say, I have not gone a rafting trip of any kind since then.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
This brought back memories. I went on a white water rafting trip on the Snake River after massive snowmelt. Raft flipped over and pinned me to a rock. Ended up in the hospital for 2 days. Needless to say, I have not gone a rafting trip of any kind since then.
Wow - I'm sorry. I never will either -- and I used to love it as a vacation activity .

moonstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
Well I cant say too much but we had been married 4 mos and were vacationing (camping) with DH's parents & 2 younger sisters in Florida. We managed to find some 'alone time' on Vilano beach north of St Augustine late on a moonless night! In 1977 it was quite deserted up that way. ;) It was great until one of those drug boat searching helicopters with huge powerful spotlights flew along over the beach! At least we were able to see our clothes but there was nowhere to take cover to put them on! :eek:

~Diane

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k

Dori

TUG Member
Reaction score
Back in 2010, we were staying at Vacation Villas at Parkway. Friends of ours had a mobile home in a 55plus park in Sebring, and they invited us to play golf and have dinner with them. We wound up buying a mobile home there the next day! We are not impulsive people, and all the way back to Kissimmee we kept saying, “What have we done! “. It was the best investment we have ever made. We have such a wonderful time there in the winter months.

Dori

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Almost went water rafting with some very close coworkers in Virginia many, many years ago. At the very last second I changed my mind and went to a TS presentation, that was offering a free dinner as a gift. Lucky me I took their offer and had an excellent dinner. Plus, I did not buy another TS. Thanks you TUG. But my friends that called me chicken for not doing the water rafting thing; their boat flipped over and they almost drowned.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook

I have never wanted to do this and now after hearing your horrifying story so glad I never got talked into it.

Other things I will never do are zip lining or parachuting or hot air balloons or sky diving or scuba diving.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Actually nothing crazy I can think of except snorkeling without a life vest on in Hawaii and then almost drowning when I went out too far over my head. I did take on a hike up MT Mansfield which was too much for me to handle and I almost didn’t make it- but I did. And so was with guides.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Even though Patti is scared of heights she loves zip lining. We have done it on/at Kaua'i, Mau'i, Fiji, Vancouver BC, Victoria BC, Cabo, and New Zealand.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
We traveled to Ireland with our then teen aged daughter. Rented a car and drove to Northern Ireland during the “troubles”. We stayed in Omagh, the town my husband’s ancestors came from. No one could park on the main street of town due to potential car bombs so had to park in a parking lot a block behind the hotel. There was an alley beside the hotel that lead to the street where the parking lot was located. One evening we left our daughter in the hotel and had dinner at a couple’s home who we had met in a restaurant. They had befriended us and showed us around and were lovely people. Upon arrival back at the hotel around midnight we found the door to the hotel locked. Peering through the windows we could see that no one was in the small lobby. We needed a telephone (before cells) to call our daughter in the room to come down and let us in but, again because of the “troubles”, there were no pay phones in the town and nothing else was open. Our only choice seemed to be to drive back to our new friends’ house and use their phone. As we were crossing the dark alley towards the parking lot, we spotted a fire escape that led to a door, on the second floor, of the hotel (a lounge). There were lights on in it. Stupidly, we climbed the fire escape. Remember this was Northern Ireland during the height of the “troubles”. A car bomb had already exploded in front of this hotel before they banned them. Ironically that car belonged to a local resident who had our same last name, though he didn’t plant the bomb. I went first. When we had nearly reached the top, the door was opened and a guard was pointing his gun right at me. We froze. After one of those cinematic “pregnant pauses,” he said, “You could have just rung the doorbell.” :eek: :D

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
While out ATVing on the Big Island in Hawaii, I started to lose control of the machine, so I bailed off into a hillside of brush and thistles. I had a terrible case of "road rash" on my arm, shoulder and face! I could barely move or walk the day after.