• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What’s on the Thanksgiving Menu?

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
It looks like two brined turkeys that will get hickory smoked. It was time to let others do the cooking. I hope I can keep quiet as they do everything opposite of how I did it. I guess that is part of letting go. I see pies too. Usually we have over 40 people at the house but this year is like last year in that we might have alot of visitors but not alot of eaters.

Bill

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We decided it's too much work for the lazy cooks that we are. Since we have no family here, and will be only two, we're going out to a local upscale restaurant. No leftovers, but also no dishes to wash. :)

Dave
We also have done this since becoming empty nesters, but we have learned to go to restaurants where they serve a plated dinner as opposed to a buffet, so we usually do have enough leftovers for one more meal.

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I picked up the fresh 22 lb turkey Monday. Linda is brining it today and backed two apple pies and made hello desert. My oldest daughter is making all the rest of the side dishes mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes ect. There will be 10 of us at her house. A great time for enjoying family and giving thanks for a blessed year.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
So for those of you cooking Thanksgiving Day dinner: Are you starving your family ahead of time, are you leaving them to forage for themselves until dinnertime, or are you also making breakfast/lunch?

I've decided to make breakfast: Banana pancakes with chopped pecans, eggs to order, and maple sausage. It should stuff us suitably till dinner, when we'll go to eat at the restaurant. We'll see how the day progresses. :D

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

Dave

Goldi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving!
We always have Reames noodles with our mashed potatoes. The noodles are cooked in chicken broth. The noodles are served over the mashed potatoes. Some like gravy on their turkey or mashed potatoes so we have that as well. Reames noodles must be a "Hoosier thing" since I don't see this on any other menus across the US.
Our menu:
turkey
sweet potato casserole
corn bread casserole
stuffing
mashed potatoes
Reames noodles
gravy
rolls
deviled eggs
apple pie
pecan pie
whip topping

Last edited:

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
So for those of you cooking Thanksgiving Day dinner: Are you starving your family ahead of time, are you leaving them to forage for themselves until dinnertime, or are you also making breakfast/lunch?

I've decided to make breakfast: Banana pancakes with chopped pecans, eggs to order, and maple sausage. It should stuff us suitably till dinner, when we'll go to eat at the restaurant. We'll see how the day progresses. :D

Dave
I'm making breakfast too: pancakes and bacon, for similar reasons and to use up old buttermilk.

We're having dinner at friend's house. I'm just making green bean casserole and pumpkin dessert. DD is making cornbread sausage stuffing and yams. Friends are doing the rest.

My unplanned "tradition" is to listen & semi-watch the national dog show on TV while I cook. It's been my cooking companion for many Thanksgivings now .

Happy Thanksgiving and bon appetit everyone.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Sounds like a nice brekkers @DaveNV I’m making banana nut waffles with eggs and bacon!

Watching Macys Parade live on Peacock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Dave
We just finished our usual breakfast, golfing at 9am Thanksgiving shotgun, and home by about 1pm. We will have something for lunch at home, veg out a little bit and then head out to our 5:45pm dinner reservation.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
We traditionally have our Thanksgiving dinner around 2pm and if people want a light breakfast, they are on their own. After the meal, we will play games, watch football, visit, etc., then around 6 or 7 we will set out some turkey sandwiches on fresh, homemade buns. Personally, that is probably my favorite part of the day.

Kurt

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
We had turkey dinner at a home style/upscale coffee shop with my mother and sister yesterday. The daily drive, with loading and unloading of the things we wanted to hand carry had been brutal. Our best time was 55 minutes on Saturday morning, the worst 1hr45min yesterday afternoon. So today we seriously start trying to get our office set up, with a break at 1pm for dinner. This is the holiday menu at the old folks home (the point value is shown, we share 900 points each month, one point equates with one dollar, looks like the three dessert options didn’t copy over):

THANKSGIVING DAY 2021 STARTERS
Dinner Rolls
Creamy Butternut Squash Soup Topped with toasted pecans and crema 2
Thanksgiving Slaw Shredded kale with orange cranberry dressing 2
Autumn Harvest Salad
Spring mix with dried cranberries, crumbled Feta, pumpkin seeds, Fuji apple and honey vinaigrette
ENTRÉES
Stuffed Sweet Potato
Sweet potato filled with dried cranberries, Feta cheese, pecans, grilled vegetables, vegetarian sausage and sage butter
Seared Salmon
Topped with lemon butter caper sauce, served with mashed potatoes and steamed Brussels sprouts
Brown Sugar Glazed Ham
Served with spiced orange pineapple glaze, mashed potatoes and green bean casserole
Roasted Turkey
White or dark meat turkey with turkey gravy and cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, Cornbread stuffing and green bean casserole
SIDES
4 Green Bean Casserole 4 Cornbread, Sausage and Sage

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Speaking of simple, and as I understand it to be the custom in Florida, we ordered our pre-cooked meal from Publix. There are just the 3 of us, DW, DD and me and we are sll still very tired from the move. We’ll heat it up in the oven/mw and have:
Turkey
Dressing
Gravy
Mashed potatoes
Cranberry sauce
Green beans
Celery
Pecan pie
Ice cream
Marshmallow fluff

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates

Dave
Steve made bacon and eggs this morning (and added hashbrowns for our daughter). We'll probably eat something light before we go to my sister in laws. She said to come at 4 p.m., which means we'll probably eat around 6:30 or 7. :D

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Speaking of simple, and as I understand it to be the custom in Florida, we ordered our pre-cooked meal from Publix. There are just the 3 of us, DW, DD and me and we are sll still very tired from the move. We’ll heat it up in the oven/mw and have:
Turkey
Dressing
Gravy
Mashed potatoes
Cranberry sauce
Green beans
Celery
Pecan pie
Ice cream
Marshmallow fluff
When we do Thanksgiving at our house, even though dh is a great cook, we do the same thing. We get our dinner from Sprouts which includes the turkey, gravy, stuffing, mashed potatoes and a vegetable.

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
In 45 years of marriage, I have made the full Thanksgiving dinner all but 2 or 3 years. Decided last year was the last. Have a 4:30 reservation at a nice restaurant. DD is getting out of the Coast guard in April & they have bought acreage 15 min from us....Next year's plan is to have dinner at her house ( if it is done in time). The youngest ds is an hour away and the other in ABQ.... Next year will be the beginning of new traditions.....and hopefully, I will just bring the pie :banana:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Turkey
Dressing
Gravy
Mashed potatoes
Cranberry sauce
Green beans
Celery
Pecan pie
Ice cream
Marshmallow fluff

Welcome back. We hadn't seen you in a while. Hope your move went well.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Like @CO skier we are skipping the turkey (there is something in the taste of turkey my DD and I don't like). Our entire family plus a boyfriend is here.

Black Forest Ham
Costco Roasted Chicken
Sourdough Stuffing (homemade)
Sweet potato bake
Mashed cauliflower for me
Mashed potatoes for my DS and the rest.
Green bean casserole
Gravy
Pumpkin pie with non-fat whipped cream

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Thanks! Yeah, it’s been a little crazy busy the last couple weeks (months)!

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
We only have the 4 of us this year. However, we are still doing the full works. One person wants this, another wants that, so we end up making way too much. The only item I really love is my wife's chicken sausage cornbread stuffing.

As we speak, my wife added another side dish we dont need.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody.

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving Day

Just the two of us.
Simple menu
Smithfield ham
Amish potatoe salad
Collards
Cornbread stuffing
Cranberry sauce
A small sweet potato pie
Ice tea

I want to come to your house. Kidding aside, but you and I are from the same part of Virginia and the menu reminds me of a lot of what Thanksgiving was like for a lot of my friends.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Big Matt the Tidewater Area has change so much in the past 40 years. I moved to North Suffolk to be in the country with farmers; now the city folks have found North Suffolk.
It took almost ten (10) years before the city folks of Portsmouth, Chesapeake, VA Beach and Norfolk to discover the quiet Harbour View area in North Suffolk. Now Route 17 (Bridge Road) is the new VA Beach Blvd of Norfolk & VA Beach.

Now we have our own police & fire department buildings,, two hospitals, a movie complex, over a hundred doctors offices, two shopping malls, so many places of worships; I cannot count. We still have The Bennett Creek Market with the black & white cow on top of the building. All these attractions are within a five (5) miles radius of my community.

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Big Matt the Tidewater Area has change so much in the past 40 years. I moved to North Suffolk to be in the country with farmers; now the city folks have found North Suffolk.
It took almost ten (10) years before the city folks of Portsmouth, Chesapeake, VA Beach and Norfolk to discover the quiet Harbour View area in North Suffolk. Now Route 17 (Bridge Road) is the new VA Beach Blvd of Norfolk & VA Beach.

Now we have our own police & fire department buildings,, two hospitals, a movie complex, over a hundred doctors offices, two shopping malls, so many places of worships; I cannot count. We still have The Bennett Creek Market with the black & white cow on top of the building. All these attractions are within a five (5) miles radius.

Aah, but do you have your own Mt. Trashmore? :D

Dave

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Aah, but do you have your own Mt. Trashmore? :D

Dave
No! Mt. Trashmore yet. :ROFLMAO: . However, we do have a huge trash mount similar to Mt. Trashmore in Suffolk, VA. :LOL:
But we do have the first Amazon Warehouse campus complex in Virginia over ten (10) football fields long?
That will open officially during the 1st quarter of 2022.:whooopie::clap:

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation

Dave

Its 2pm here. The Turkey Dinner has been cooked, consumed, and cleaned up after. We had cereal and yogurt for breakfast.

We are having huge winds here and to prevent fires, some areas are having their power proactively cut off. We didn’t want to risk our ability to cook the meal, so decided to eat around 12:30. I will say it is nice to be done and have the rest of the day ahead of us, with no chores remaining today.

mentalbreak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving!
We enjoyed our Thanksgiving meal for 9. I remade the veggie dip lost in our power outage …and then forgot to add it to the table. Oh well, will make a great snack when we start playing cards later tonight. Now we are on our way to the bowling alley to keep away the post-turkey food coma. Then home for games, snacks, and pie for “dinner”.