• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Whales at the Point at Poipu

Kauai Kid

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Spotted two humpbacks as we watched from the Lanai this afternoon with good friends from Canada. :D

They were diving deep, as it was a long time between blows.

Life is great today. low 72 high 75, sunny with comfortable trades, talking story with good friends, and whale watching from the lanai--life doesn't get much better. :clap:

Going on a whale watch cruise on Sunday.

Sterling

Poobah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Weather

Sterling,

Glad the weather broke for you. Sorry about all the stormy weather with DRI. They just can't seem to get it right.

Cheers,

Paul

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
That's cool!!!

Whenever I've been at Poipu the only wails I hear seem to come from unit 6-402.

Kauai Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
I spoke with Jamie Shegeta, face to face, and discussed the issues.

She got one issue resolved in a single day and says the other will be resolved either Monday or Tuesday.

Incredible woman. Remember the folks at Diamond HQ couldn't fix the problem in two months.

By the way, if there is any water intrusion damage it isn't obvious to me.:(

Sterling

Kauaigrl00

Reaction score
I spoke with Jamie Shegeta, face to face, and discussed the issues.

She got one issue resolved in a single day and says the other will be resolved either Monday or Tuesday.

Incredible woman. Remember the folks at Diamond HQ couldn't fix the problem in two months.

By the way, if there is any water intrusion damage it isn't obvious to me.:(

Sterling

Jamie is great I agree! Will be there in 60 days and can't wait! Only wish Patty Ornellas was still there. Is Mike the bartender there or how about John Hodge in the concierge? :cheer:

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
Is Mike the bartender there or how about John Hodge in the concierge? :cheer:

When I was there last March, Mike had left for Gaylords, and John was still there. It's always good to see a familiar face, as long as it's not one of the smiling faces trying to twist my arm into buying points in the trust.

pianodinosaur

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
Spotted two humpbacks as we watched from the Lanai this afternoon with good friends from Canada. :D

They were diving deep, as it was a long time between blows.

Life is great today. low 72 high 75, sunny with comfortable trades, talking story with good friends, and whale watching from the lanai--life doesn't get much better. :clap:

Going on a whale watch cruise on Sunday.

Sterling

Glad you are having a good time!!

Fisch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Point at Poipu
Jamie is great I agree! Will be there in 60 days and can't wait! Only wish Patty Ornellas was still there. Is Mike the bartender there or how about John Hodge in the concierge? :cheer:

Mike is working both Tomkats and Pizzetas

Kauaigrl00

Reaction score
Mike is working both Tomkats and Pizzetas

I will have to make it a point to stop at both of those places! He was a wonderful guy!