• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin St. John

cyntravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have Westin St. John Sunset Bay Villas Home Options can you use them in any of the Westin Properties in St. John and can you reserve outside of your Home Option window if you have enough Home Options?

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
If you have Westin St. John Sunset Bay Villas Home Options can you use them in any of the Westin Properties in St. John and can you reserve outside of your Home Option window if you have enough Home Options?
as a Voluntary resale owner you can only use your HomeOptions in Sunset Bay.
You can reserve during your season 12 months out. Resort season has Two HomeOption points but you can reserve anytime in weeks 19-50 as long as you have the points. Ex. 148;100 2BR 19-33 can be used to reserve 3 plus weeks in a studio or a three bedroom in 34-50 at 12 months out. Diamond only has one HomeOption value.

Diamond owners can reserve in Resort Season and Resort into Diamond at (I believe) the 8 month mark but you are then competing with all the people trying to get in using StarOptions. I can confirm that this evening and get back to you n

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Think of this as buying a resale 2BR lock off at Westin Laguna Mar or Sheraton Broadway Plantation.
They are Voluntary
you can use them in their season as a 2 Br, or lock off and use two weeks. You can deposit in II or you can rent them.
they are not part of the VSN so there is no Staroption reservations.

the difference with HomeOptions is that you can use them for different “configurations“ at your home resort. A 2BR for 4 nights then 5 nights in a studio or 15 nights in a studio or 7 nights in a 2BR. It gives you flexibility.

I hope this helps.

cyntravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Pat for the examples.
This makes it very easy to use.

Are the cancellations policies the same across the board for Vistana Voluntary or Mandatory?

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks Pat for the examples.
This makes it very easy to use.

Are the cancellations policies the same across the board for Vistana Voluntary or Mandatory?
Yes. I think LOL. That info can be found on the Vistana owner site.

remowidget

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar X3

You can book between 12 and 8 months only in the resort, season, and unit size you own in full weeks based upon allowed day of arrivals.

If you purchased from the developer, you can book anywhere, any day, any length, in any season, any unit size at 8 months.

If you purchased a resale resale mandatory property like: Westin St. John Villas (Hillside Phase), St. John, US Virgin Islands, you can book anywhere, any day, any length, in any season, any unit size at 8 months.

If you purchased resale voluntary, you can only book in your season at your resort. Not sure about unit size or length of stay. So, you would not be able to book other St John Units.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You can book between 12 and 8 months only in the resort, season, and unit size you own in full weeks based upon allowed day of arrivals.

If you purchased from the developer, you can book anywhere, any day, any length, in any season, any unit size at 8 month

If you purchased resale voluntary, you can only book in your season at your resort. Not sure about unit size or length of stay. So, you would not be able to book other St John Units.
I am a resale owner at WSJ in the Sunset Bay and Coral Vista

The first statement is not true for HomeOptions at this resort. I own 95.7 2BR snd I reserved 14 days in a studio at 12 months out. I booked 11 nights studio in Sunset Bay using 67K studio

The last statement is not true. With HomeOptions you can book in your season at your resort/phase at 12-8 months and other season at your resort/phase at 8 months. WSJ is unique in that it has 4 separate phases with three sets of rules governing reservations.

Edit. All the info I posted was verified by me and my closing company in 2015 when I purchased Coral Vista. I was the first person to buy a resale there so there was a lot of back and forth.