• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin St. John Sunset Bay phase

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
Word has it that Sunset Bay, the final phase at Westin St. John, has started selling. Is anyone currently or soon to be visiting WSJ? Might be worth checking out the Owners Update...

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Word has it that Sunset Bay, the final phase at Westin St. John, has started selling. Is anyone currently or soon to be visiting WSJ? Might be worth checking out the Owners Update...

Coral Vista is the third phase that is in sales now. I haven't heard of a Sunset Bay phase.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score

If this is the last phase, it will be big. Aren't there several buildings that need to be converted?

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
site-map

So, next and last phase would convert buildings 10 through 16.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    129.8 KB · Views: 301

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Doesn't it have to have a sunset to be called Sunset Bay? :D
Curious, who's word?

czar

TUG Member
Reaction score

Can't wait to see the MF on these! With CV selling so well, I'm sure they'll pump them even higher, and I imagine there might be more maintenance associated with units closer to the water anyway.

oldfool19

Reaction score
Sunset Bay

Attended presentation this past week. As per the previous post it is the last 6 buildings - what are now the poolside and waterfront buildings. Following completion the resort will be completely timeshare.

The units will be two bedroom units and studios which can be combined to form a three bedroom.

Basically the new model SVN "buy points for days" system. They are advertising "p reconstruction " pricing - you buy now but the units won't be available for occupancy until 1/17.

My recollection is 45K for 148,000 points will get you 8 days of 3 bedroom, 11 days of two bedroom or ?23? days of studio in Resort season - roughly May to late December, 55K or so for 179,000 points in Diamond Season. Those numbers could be a little off but are very close.

They have models to show - they have converted some rooms in the 1100 building. They look quite nice.

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)

NNerland

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did they have any information or brochures on this new phase? I emailed my contact to get the low down.

We are going in January - would be sad to see and experience so much construction. They were wrapping up Coral Vista when we last visited.

Curious if they are doing all 6 buildings at once? You can book well into 2016 at the hotel on the website, so thinking that is not the case.

But recent Ownership Reviews are indicating this news - there must be something to it.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Has to suck for those that bought CV to be closer to pool/beach only to find out one could have waited a very short period to get Sunset (sic) Bay Villas (WSJ-SB) to get closer to pool/beach.
I wonder if CV buyers were informed about SB being so soon?

and of course - this will cause VGV MFs to rise...

Last edited:

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Has to suck for those that bought CV to be closer to pool/beach only to find out one could have waited a very short period to get Sunset (sic) Bay Villas (WSJ-SBV) to get closer to pool/beach.
I wonder if CV buyers were informed about SBV being so soon?

and of course - this will cause VGV MFs to rise...

Why do you think so? It this is the case, they should increase VGV SOs again...

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Why do you think so? It this is the case, they should increase VGV SOs again...

We have been informed by the VGV HOA that we should plan for this to happen. It was in email sent to Owners.
IIRC - It has to do with MFs related to the 'number of doors', and since number of doors are being decreased down the hill (w/ CV and SB #doors being reduced) and therefore VGV percentage of doors increases...
nice eh?

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have been informed by the VGV HOA that we should plan for this to happen. It was in email sent to Owners.
IIRC - It has to do with MFs related to the 'number of doors', and since number of doors are being decreased down the hill (w/ CV and SB #doors being reduced) and therefore VGV percentage of doors increases...
nice eh?

I remember the notice. Will BV and CV also have an increase? The number of doors decreases for everybody, not only for VG.

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
Looks like the new phase will be $72,400 for 176,700 HomeOptions in Diamond season, which is enough for a 2-bedroom or 2-bedroom loft. The numbers cited above -- 45K/55K -- are probably for Resort season (May-December).

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like the new phase will be $72,400 for 176,700 HomeOptions in Diamond season, which is enough for a 2-bedroom or 2-bedroom loft. The numbers cited above -- 45K/55K -- are probably for Resort season (May-December).

Isn't that number considerably higher than Nanea?

NNerland

TUG Member
Reaction score
St John has a huge premium for winter compared to Hawaii. With the 16 weeks they have for Winter - versus 52 weeks per year means if you want to go to St John in Winter you have to pay up.

With their new "Points" model they are able to double dip on those who can most afford and desire the Winter. Those who like St John and don't mind summer can often get a better "deal" (though not cheap in new program) and always have that option to get in during the winter.

With St John becoming all Villa's it will become a little easier to get in during the winter if you are flexible and not going over President's Week or March "Spring Break".....we like January.

This year we were able to get a 2 bedroom Loft in Coral Vista at the 8 month mark and there was also a 2 bedroom available that week. Not going to always happen as Winter is in demand and people pay for winter -- but far more options compared to when it was just 4 buildings of Bay Vista.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
For a mere $125,000 you can buy a factional ownership of a rotating platinum + month at the Westin Grand Villas.

This one, for a 2 bdrm 3 bath (unit 3410) intrigues me a lot:

Unit rotates each year: Jan 21, 2016 - Feb 21, 2016 and Feb 21, 2017 - March 21, 2017 and Dec 21, 2017 - Jan 21, 2018. Relax with the full use of all the Westin amenities including pool, spas, health club, restaurants and beach facilities. *Annual Cond Fee includes: Maintenance Fee & Replacement Reserve. *Photos may not be of actual unit.

http://distil.flexmls.com/cgi-bin/m...iver.html&no_html_header=true&i=osb89d19hui,4

Hmm. The next time my husband earns a big bonus....

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Hmmm... I know someone who owns 2 weeks in June in this villa

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
St John has a huge premium for winter compared to Hawaii. With the 16 weeks they have for Winter - versus 52 weeks per year means if you want to go to St John in Winter you have to pay up.

With their new "Points" model they are able to double dip on those who can most afford and desire the Winter. Those who like St John and don't mind summer can often get a better "deal" (though not cheap in new program) and always have that option to get in during the winter.

With St John becoming all Villa's it will become a little easier to get in during the winter if you are flexible and not going over President's Week or March "Spring Break".....we like January.

This year we were able to get a 2 bedroom Loft in Coral Vista at the 8 month mark and there was also a 2 bedroom available that week. Not going to always happen as Winter is in demand and people pay for winter -- but far more options compared to when it was just 4 buildings of Bay Vista.
How do you know which section your booking is in?

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
How do you know which section your booking is in?

Sometimes you can tell which phase you're most likely to be in based on the sleeping capacity and unit description. For instance, a "2 Bedroom Loft" that sleeps 8 has to be in Coral Vista.

Of course, an SVN exchange is never guaranteed a particular phase so you can be moved to an equivalent unit in another phase at the resort's discretion.

NNerland

TUG Member
Reaction score
Correct - based on how many the unit sleeps. For Lofts also, no 2 bd Lofts in Virgin Grand and the Bay Vista are larger (sleep 10 vs 8). So either way should be a win, win.

I always call to and put on notes for villa type - they say time stamp matters, but I have had others tell me that other things can improve your unit location -- like calling the Elite Desks if elite.

We will see -- either way we have a loft and will be in good shape.

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sometimes you can tell which phase you're most likely to be in based on the sleeping capacity and unit description. For instance, a "2 Bedroom Loft" that sleeps 8 has to be in Coral Vista.

Of course, an SVN exchange is never guaranteed a particular phase so you can be moved to an equivalent unit in another phase at the resort's discretion.
2 bed, sleeps 8. That's all it says.
Correct - based on how many the unit sleeps. For Lofts also, no 2 bd Lofts in Virgin Grand and the Bay Vista are larger (sleep 10 vs 8). So either way should be a win, win.

I always call to and put on notes for villa type - they say time stamp matters, but I have had others tell me that other things can improve your unit location -- like calling the Elite Desks if elite.

We will see -- either way we have a loft and will be in good shape.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
description PLUS number of SOs used...
they won't give you a villa with lower SOs - and unlikely move to one with higher SOs
so... # SOs used and Bedroom and occupancy description will narrow down - beyond that it will be what is available.

IMO - in the short term - SVN exchanging into WSJ will be relatively easy - but once CV and SB are sold - not so much - with off-season easier than high-season (as always)