• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin / Sheraton properties are now available to book for MVC owners! [MERGED]

Mikieg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Frenchman's Cove, Desert Springs I
Aren't there any properties in Key West?

Venter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Club Son Antem, Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve, Marriott Vacation Club @ Los Suenos, MVC points, Sheraton Lakeside Terrace, Sheraton Flex, Westin Flex, Aventuras

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Booked KAA for a few days in July. I am surprised at so much inventory for all of July. Splurged on an oceanfront unit as have only been here on II exchanges.

Also noticed I can only book using Trust points. The system does not show any of my elected points. Did anyone else notice this? Thanks

Last edited:

Lv2Trvl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Aloha Frank808
Last visited with you at Ko'Olina this spring.
I just used a bunch of points from elections no problem. Even borrowed from 2024. I was able to get some 2beds to replace some 1 bed res. Have to call in morning to cancel the ones.
We are at Waiohai. Spent last week at Waikoloa. Left 24 hours before the fireworks started.
Alice

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Many of the Westin resorts are wide-open for booking between Jan 1, 2023 through December 2023. The volume of availability is surprising to me, to the point where I fear this might be another massive MVC IT debacle. Might the MVC site be showing lots of availability that is not truly available? When I looked about an hour ago, Westin Kierland was available for check-in for a 5-night stay every single day from January 1 through December 15, 2023, including the prime Spring Training season. Similar availability was present for Westin Lagunamar and another couple Westin resorts I looked at.

Perhaps they held some units back just for this release, hence the widespread availabilty on "opening day" today... Or perhaps this is another IT disaster.

We didn’t wait on MVC and had all our vacations booked for 2023. Even if they had their act together and had availability ready earlier, my plans were to stay within the MVC family of resorts. Since there’s been so many issues, I wanted to take the least risk as possible.

This isn’t to say they couldn’t have screwed up all inventory. It’s still possible that even MVC inventory is ghost inventory that’s not really available. While I like the MVC product, it seems lately, if they can screw it up, they will.

I’m taking a conservative approach for a little while until I feel a little more secure about the system. After all, I can’t pay my MF’s using my iPads. Right now I’m having serious trust issues.

Bodie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Didn’t see any of the Bahamas properties on the updated menu. Is there a specific search word?

Bodie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also Hotel and Luxury Residences not populating.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
Didn’t see any of the Bahamas properties on the updated menu. Is there a specific search word?

Harborside is not included at launch, and that is the only Bahamas property.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
Aren't there any properties in Key West?

No. Neither Vistana or Marriott have Key West properties. Hyatt has 3 that you can trade into via Interval though.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
The wide open availability yesterday at Westin Kierland for Jan-April 2023 is now gone.

Another data point worth mentioning is that they had a 5 night minimum on that Kierland inventory when it went live.

Amazing how the availability changed in 1 day.

Glad to be a TUGger to get the early scoop...and thanks to @craigc for posting the new inventory availability yesterday morning.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I just booked Westin Kierland Villas for 7 nights in Feb 2023.

I hope these are real ressys as there was a ton of availability which surprised me a bit.
It’s amazing…. I couldn’t get any dates in Feb during the home resort period or after the 8 month mark….. yet here it is in Abound lol.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points
It’s amazing…. I couldn’t get any dates in Feb during the home resort period or after the 8 month mark….. yet here it is in Abound lol.
Curious if they moved it back, or if it all got snatched up in Abound yesterday/today, cuz its gone now.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Curious if they moved it back, or if it all got snatched up in Abound yesterday/today, cuz its gone now.
It could be that the inventory wasn’t supposed to be there. Lucky for people who made reservations if that’s the case! I have no skin in the game. I have a ton of used Star Options in 2023.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points
MVC IT still doesn’t seem to have a total handle on things. Today, 12/2, I see various Dec 2023 Westin/Sheraton availability through check in date of 12/14/23. But if I look at the “When can I Reserve” tool, it says I should not be able to book Westin/Sheraton resorts for 12/14/23 until Tuesday Dec 20th….18 days from now.

As I understand it, there is no 13 month window for booking Westin/Sheraton properties, correct?

Last edited:

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
As I understand it, there is no 13 month window for booking Westin/Sheraton properties, correct?
Officially no; however on day 1 it appears some were able to book 13 months out. I suspected this may have been a glitch and perhaps that's the case it's it's semi-resolved (clearly the exact message you're getting above isn't correct on timing).

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Aloha Frank808
Last visited with you at Ko'Olina this spring.
I just used a bunch of points from elections no problem. Even borrowed from 2024. I was able to get some 2beds to replace some 1 bed res. Have to call in morning to cancel the ones.
We are at Waiohai. Spent last week at Waikoloa. Left 24 hours before the fireworks started.
Alice

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
HI there again. When will you get back to MKO in 2023?

From your reply, I called and spoke with MVC IT. They warned me that there has been some glitches in the system first. Rep looked into it and said that it was a weird that they could not use elected points on my account. Opened up a ticket and to wait till 24 hours to see if glitch is fixed. Just checked and now I am able to use elected points for reservations. Thanks for you reply.

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
[Moderator Note: Threads merged.] <-- SueDonJ

[Why isn't Harborside included?]

I know it's not right now but have they ever given a reason why? One of those I don't need to know but now that I don't know I want to know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points
This is what it said at the bottom of the email the Vistana owners received in the last day or two announcing the new options....

Owners of Vacation Ownership Interests (VOIs) at The Westin Riverfront Mountain Villas and Harborside Resort at Atlantis will not initially have the option to elect to receive Club Points when it becomes available to VSN members. That option will be available only after their reservation systems are upgraded, which we anticipate will occur in 2023. Until that time, other Owners may not reserve stays at these resorts using Club Points.

klpenny

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harboside Atlantis, Sheraton Flex ,Vidanta
I was at an owner's update there in November. Harborside is half owned by Atlantis and there are systems and things to integrate. Thus taking more time.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I know it's not right now but have they ever given a reason why? One of those I don't need to know but now that I don't know I want to know.
In my opinion for both places it has to do with other ownership entities owning part of the resort - i was told several times in different presentations that while they are hopeful, they may not ever be able to reach an agreement on those properties.

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think this is about half the story (or maybe just a simplification). It's not about "ownership" per se, as all the people who bought weeks there are owners. This is about these being "co-developed" resorts. The other half of the developer (Kerzner at Atlantis...and I can't remember who at Westin Riverfront) retained some special rights in the HOA documents that require their approval in regards to certain resort affiliation matters. As those documents were only drafted to permit affiliation in the Vistana Network, permitting them to also participate in Abound requires the co-developer to approve. My pure speculation is both developers are looking for some sort of "fee" to grant their approval....and MVC is just waiting them out, looking at legal posturing to push it through or hoping owners at those resorts raise enough of a fuss that the co-developer gives in (or MVC may abandon the idea altogether and leave them just in VSN).

I should qualify the above, I have only looked closely at the Harborside documents but assume given the co-developer states of Westin Riverfront and similar problem getting it into Abound, the contractual problem is similar to what I describe above based on the Harborside docs.

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, MVC Points, Worldmark
I think this is about half the story (or maybe just a simplification). It's not about "ownership" per se, as all the people who bought weeks there are owners. This is about these being "co-developed" resorts. The other half of the developer (Kerzner at Atlantis...and I can't remember who at Westin Riverfront) retained some special rights in the HOA
East West Development Company. They own the entire Westin Riverfront Hotel/Residences/Timeshare complex plus several buildings they recently built on adjacent land Marriott sold them a few years ago.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
One thing I did not check into before electing my Vistana points is whether it is still possible to bank 2023 points. I should have asked or I guess I will need to rent them. Does anyone know if there is an extended deadline for banking like they did for electing?

Another question. I am confused by looking at which points were used for my existing reservations. For example, for Crystal Shores next year, it says:
Points Applied: 6,600
2023 use year

So if they are banked points are they really 2022 points being used in 2023 since I am making the reservation for 2023?

Last edited:

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
One thing I did not check into before electing my Vistana points is whether it is still possible to bank 2023 points. I should have asked or I guess I will need to rent them. Does anyone know if there is an extended deadline for banking like they did for electing?
Assuming elected points from Vistana ownerships have the same calendar-year JAN1-DEC31 Use Year as elected points from Marriott ownerships, then the last day of the Use Year would be 12/31/23. Banking deadlines are either 6 months (Owner, Select, Executive) or 4 months (Presidential, Chairman's Club) prior to the end of the Use Year, so either 6/30/23 or 8/31/23. You have plenty of time to decide if you want to bank 2023 points. :)