• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin / Sheraton properties are now available to book for MVC owners! [MERGED]

craigc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I logged in this am to look for a Jan date in St Thomas and the Sheraton and Westin properties are listed for bookings !!
1669819564971.png

Fallenone

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Vacation Club Points
Was about to post this. Until I found out at the end I still can't. Showing everything as invalid or 0. But I think we're close!

craigc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Was about to post this. Until I found out at the end I still can't. Showing everything as invalid or 0. But I think we're close!
I just tried Mexico and it let me go all the way till the end:
1669821913017.png

Jim Mc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: (2) Grand Vista, Ocean Watch Grand Dunes, Waiohai Beach Club, Maui Ocean Club, Playa Andaluza Malaga Spain and 4,500 Abound Club Points (2) Master Villas Mesquite NV
The Westin and Sheraton properties are now list in the Marriott Web site property lists.

Now has any body been able to book one yet. I think this will be "no" for quite awhile until those owners start depositing,

Let me know when you actual book a week this way

craigc

TUG Member
Reaction score

BigDawgTUG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like one other website functional change came with this integration. Where you used to be able to search for up to 15 resorts in a single search, they have now limited that to 7. Maybe their only way to reduce likelihood of "Fatal Error" messages while searching availability for multiple properties.

Jim Mc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: (2) Grand Vista, Ocean Watch Grand Dunes, Waiohai Beach Club, Maui Ocean Club, Playa Andaluza Malaga Spain and 4,500 Abound Club Points (2) Master Villas Mesquite NV
wish there was a way to search one property for any opening over a period of time, say six months....

BigDawgTUG

TUG Member
Reaction score
wish there was a way to search one property for any opening over a period of time, say six months....
If they made it more like the Interval search function, which they now own, not only could you do that, but you could also be able to search across multiple or all properties over a designated period of time.

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x3)
Marriott DC Points
Westin WKORV OFD
I was surfing around to see about the new Westin options, and it tells me that I don't have enough points, so I can't access any details. I don't remember that happening before. It means if I want to rebook something that I already have, I have to cancel that first to release the points, then go back and hope the new booking is still available.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
The Westin and Sheraton properties are now list in the Marriott Web site property lists.

Now has any body been able to book one yet. I think this will be "no" for quite awhile until those owners start depositing,

Let me know when you actual book a week this way

I elected points for my WKOVN week. The I deposited my 7N WKOVRN and got 8325 Abound points. Then I re-booked into WKOVRN for 3N to match up with my 9N at MOC. I used my Abound points to book into WKOVRN.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
I just booked Westin Kierland Villas for 7 nights in Feb 2023.

I hope these are real ressys as there was a ton of availability which surprised me a bit.

NJDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
I looked to add two nights to our oceanfront 1 bedroom at WKOVRN. There is no availability on Vistana's site for oceanfront (only Island and Ocean view), but I can reserve it through Marriott.

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
I booked 1 bedroom premium Westin Kierland for October using SVR enrollment to Abound. Did not want to wait 8 months to use staroptions. If it’s still available then will book with staroptions and cancel abound reservation . Not sure which is cost effective at this point. It was only 1350 points for 5 nights.

Bodie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh, so close. Westin Carib loaded but none of the hotel/luxury resis. Sunny says no one available and to call during biz hours. Huh? Haven’t scrolled anything else.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
I was surfing around to see about the new Westin options, and it tells me that I don't have enough points, so I can't access any details. I don't remember that happening before. It means if I want to rebook something that I already have, I have to cancel that first to release the points, then go back and hope the new booking is still available.
It has always been like that for Destination Points. You'll have to call or use the chat.

craigc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just picked up 12 nights at Westin Lagunamar.

1669844008740.png

Wahoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Summit Watch
Marriott Mountainside
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Grande Ocean
Marriott Ocean Watch
Many of the Westin resorts are wide-open for booking between Jan 1, 2023 through December 2023. The volume of availability is surprising to me, to the point where I fear this might be another massive MVC IT debacle. Might the MVC site be showing lots of availability that is not truly available? When I looked about an hour ago, Westin Kierland was available for check-in for a 5-night stay every single day from January 1 through December 15, 2023, including the prime Spring Training season. Similar availability was present for Westin Lagunamar and another couple Westin resorts I looked at.

Perhaps they held some units back just for this release, hence the widespread availabilty on "opening day" today... Or perhaps this is another IT disaster.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Most people are not aware that the program has launched. Tuggers are early adopters and probably are online looking at the MVC and Vistana booking systems more than the average person. So I assume there is a lot of availability today because it launched today. I assume when Marriott announces Abound that we will see all the inventory getting booked.

Last edited:

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points
Many of the Westin resorts are wide-open for booking between Jan 1, 2023 through December 2023. The volume of availability is surprising to me, to the point where I fear this might be another massive MVC IT debacle. Might the MVC site be showing lots of availability that is not truly available? When I looked about an hour ago, Westin Kierland was available for check-in for a 5-night stay every single day from January 1 through December 15, 2023, including the prime Spring Training season. Similar availability was present for Westin Lagunamar and another couple Westin resorts I looked at.

Perhaps they held some units back just for this release, hence the widespread availabilty on "opening day" today... Or perhaps this is another IT disaster.
I had that same fear.

mpizza

TUG Member
Reaction score

If it is an error, I hope MVC somehow honors the reservations!

I alerted a DC member friend who is doing a happy dance as she has been trying to get to HI for sometime and she was able to book 3 nights in Ko Olina and 5 nights at Westin Maui for March 2023!

Reactions: tha

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points
Pop up at sign in now says they are ready for booking… so at least it’s something they did on purpose. ;-)

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nice! No Harborside though.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
My account is still not right. They have always had us on Vistana as owning one of our Westin weeks. We show on Vistana as Executive Level, and only one of our OF Westin Maui weeks is showing under resorts owned. I see both weeks under account balances with the SO's listed.

When are they going to get this right? It's been months since our weeks transferred into our names.

I guess 176,700 Staroptions are worth 286,254 Bonvoy points? Sounds like a bunch, but it's really not.