• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin Princeville

rahulgopi

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking to purchase a week 51 2 Br Princeville unit. Owner mentioned it is OF fixed unit / fixed week ( unit number 322xxxx ). I asked to verify the estoppel before closing. While it is not a mandatory resort , we plan to use the week most of the years and hopefully rent it when we are not using it. MF is very high @2800 but if it is indeed OF in bldg 3, I may go with the purchase. Question is will Westin honor the fixed unit when they transfer the deed ?

ValleyGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WNOR-3BR OF ANN WK #52
WNOR-3BR OF ANN WK #1
WNOR-3BR OF ANN WK # 2
WRMV-2BR ANN SKI
WRMV-2BR ANN SKI
WRMV-2BR ANN SKI
WSJ-3BR WK #26 (Jul 4th)
I am looking to purchase a week 51 2 Br Princeville unit. Owner mentioned it is OF fixed unit / fixed week ( unit number 322xxxx ). I asked to verify the estoppel before closing. While it is not a mandatory resort , we plan to use the week most of the years and hopefully rent it when we are not using it. MF is very high @2800 but if it is indeed OF in bldg 3, I may go with the purchase. Question is will Westin honor the fixed unit when they transfer the deed ?

Our first purchase was a developer pre-build at Princeville (before we found TUGBBS). We used to own a FF in bldg 3, 2nd Floor and loved it. Depending on what you pay for it, it could easily be resold. Maint fees are high but it is a beautiful property. Remember no SPs or SOs.

As our extended family grows, we found Maui to fit our desires better. We were able to trade WPORV for WNORV (still a voluntary) but had to bring money to the table.

Others will disagree but I firmly believe you should own WHEN (FF) and WHERE you will return often.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Yes - if the fixed week is on the deed, then it's a deeded right.

Unfortunately, WPORV is not a strong rental, (compared to the Maui resorts) but you should be able to cover your maintenance fee plus a little more with an Ocean Front Christmas week. Please be aware that the check-in day will always be the same day (Fri-Sat-Sun), and that means that some years the dates will be better than others. You won't be able to change this.

rahulgopi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you. we usually spend 2 weeks during Christmas in Hawaii. Since it is very hard to get a reservation during Christmas by trading, I am choosing to buy a week. Given the high MF and weaker demand than Maui, it may be tough to recover the cost during years we choose to rent the unit. I thought of renting a unit instead of buying but view is not guaranteed with rentals / exchange and most of the time end up with a less desirable unit. We are staying 2 weeks in Maui this Christmas, 1 week at Worldmark Kihei and second an interval exchange to Westin Nainea.. Most of the time we get a parking lot view with II, hope this time is different :).

rahulgopi

TUG Member
Reaction score
The unit I am trying to purchase is #3221 /22 , which is advertised as OF. Appreciate if any one can confirm if this is a unit that directly faces the ocean.

ragdoll

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can confirm that 3221/22 is OF. We love that location because it is very quiet with a beautiful view. I would advuse caution, however, when fixing a winter unit in the OF units at WPORV. The winds from the Pacific can be pretty fierce down there overlooking the ocean, even in the spring, while the interior of the resort is rather calm and warmer.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
As stated - it faces the ocean. It is still called Island View and not OF (while being OF). It is on corner which is nice because it had windows on side of building for the 1Bd side. WPORV/VSE is selling them as 'Bluff' villas.

I would also caution against north Kauai in winter.

Also, for us at WPORV - we much prefer a 1st floor villa. Until we stayed in a 1st floor HH section at WPORV - we had stayed in 2nd floor HH section. The 1st floors are great as it gives you the outdoor space as well with good privacy (except sunrises). We rarely even use the hallways. We love the freedom and openness of going in/out of lanai doors.

We just got back from WPORV - I did a General Info with Sales (Robin refused to go to Owners Update after doing 2 already this year) with regards to specific fix/fix villas at WPORV as they do still have Fix/Fix and Floats for sale. They actually gave me a relatively 'reasonable' deal, but decided to pass for a couple of reasons. Funny, the Sales Manager asked me not to discuss fix/fix villas as it lead to disappointment for potential buyers... LOLOLOLOL - and to buy quickly because there was plenty of interest. Right...

But, I would argue that for WPORV a fix/fix is definitely a consideration for certain villas for certain times (not winter...) - for certain people (like us). Great that you could find one on resale market. Maybe I could get lucky and find a particular 1st floor WPORV villa in Sept on the resale market.

Where did you find yours?