• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin Princeville: parking/occupancy fees, beach acc

tourproto

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana WKV Plat+ (x2)
HGVC Flamingo
I walked down the trail to Anini on Wednesday and it was as dry as I remember over the last 15 years. There is still a wet spot, however, about halfway down. I confirmed with the concierge that an elderly person slipped on the path Christmas day and injured her leg. The resort is discouraging guests from using the trail.
I was surprised at the number of people who apparently are using the trail to the beach after sunset.
We have used the trail every time we go to Princeville. It is STEEP and usually wet.

If you can go barefoot that is the safest way down IMHO. Shoes slip more than feet.

We enjoy the beach down there. You can drive around to get back to the far end but there aren't many parking spots there.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
The Road check is presently at the entrance to Ke’e. We had another awe inspiring morning at the beach this week.
There is limited free parking if you choose to use the beach at Haena State Park but use of Ke’e requires an entry pass even if you walk in. Admission is free to those holding a valid Hawaii ID and their family.
Last stay at WPORV - soon after the opened the area, we reserved mornings for 5 days ($12/day?) - just to cover ourselves - and used only 3 times. Totally worth the no show from the hassle factor. It was far from crowded - plenty of parking.
We are going in June this year (replaces our St John weeks) - 1Bd WPORV HomeResort, then 1Bd Poipu using SOs (bringing earplugs this time - construction of those units suck). Gotta remember our hiking poles this time.

blondietink

Reaction score
Mid April is the time of the visit.

thanks for the reply!
We stayed at Princeville a few years ago in April. It rained every single day from 8 am until dinner time. We ended up driving to the South shore every single day. This past November we stayed in Poipu at the Sheraton villas. Weather was perfect except the day we drove to the north shore and it rained again. Ugh.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
personally i would never stay the the Westin princeville again - they took away the access to the hotel property and it's just a plain inconvenient location for activities -so i am done with that one

Kildahl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will miss the apparent loss of privileges at the former Princeville Hotel. I’m sure you realize that Starwood/Bonvoy had nothing to do with Hotel One’s marketing decision. We love WPORV because of its unique location on the north shore of Kauai and all that entails, understanding the rain and off the beach site are often part of it.