• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin Mission Hills vs. Desert Willow

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The lack of attention to detail. Also, our bathroom was dirty with hair when we checked in.

Attention to detail isn't limited to just WMH. I have seen it at a number of resorts. Especially with litter around the property. Saw quite a bit of it at Marriott's Canyon Villas. They simply don't have the staff to take care of these things. They have a hard enough time getting the bare necessities done. At least some resorts are better than others.

robertk2012

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Villages, Westin Kanapalli
Attention to detail isn't limited to just WMH. I have seen it at a number of resorts. Especially with litter around the property. Saw quite a bit of it at Marriott's Canyon Villas. They simply don't have the staff to take care of these things. They have a hard enough time getting the bare necessities done. At least some resorts are better than others.

Maybe if they didn’t use multiple people to enforce pool limits….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Maybe if they didn’t use multiple people to enforce pool limits….

I am not aware that the pool limits are still in place. When we were there a few weeks ago, there was no mention of a pool schedule or limits.

tommerj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Attention to detail isn't limited to just WMH not being llmited. I have seen it at a number of resorts. Especially with litter around the property. Saw quite a bit of it at Marriott's Canyon Villas. They simply don't have the staff to take care of these things. They have a hard enough time getting the bare necessities done. At least some resorts are better than others.
You are right about the attention of detail not being just at WMH. It's just after staying at the Ritz, this experience has been bad. All places are extremely short staffed. I stayed at the Westin KOR during Memorial Day Weekend and two of the four restaurants were closed and everything was a wait and the workers who were there were not their usual friendly selves.

tkrisnel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland (2 BD LO/EOY - ODD), Westin Kaanapali North (2 BD LO/EOY - ODD; and 2 BD LO/EOY - EVEN)
Update on WDW - we are here now for one week. Currently open pools: upper mirage, ironwood (including water slide), and quiet pool. (Lower mirage & water slide as well as palo verde pool are closed due to chlorine shortage (which means the one any only toddler pool on property is closed. Sanctuary pool bar is open, sun shop & cabanas are open, and just newly reopened is the mountain view market place! (happy bonus). All and all the stay is good, nearly 100% of staff are friendly and attentive. The rooms and grounds are clean. Happy to be here. Only issue is a hiccup in vistana resort credit, which I will post on that thread.

tebery

Reaction score
Hi,

My wife and I will be staying at the WDW for the first time. Any suggestions on what building to stay in?
We will be without kiddos so don’t need to be by a family pool.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
Hi,

My wife and I will be staying at the WDW for the first time. Any suggestions on what building to stay in?

Thanks!
There's a recent thread about this near the top of the board. Why not put your question on there?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Hi,

Thanks!

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
Thanks for pics! It's certainly off putting. I hope they are able to work something outhat and open the path again.

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
I may be mistaken but in the most recent Board of Directors owners update said that they were in negotiations to secure an arrangement to share hotel facilities. The closure came about when the hotel was sold and the new owners made the decision not to share. Time will tell

tebery

Reaction score

Thanks!!

grgs

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, WLR, So Cal Beach Club
Just checked in at WDW. Here's the latest resort info:

20220317_195745.jpg

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Just checked in at WDW. Here's the latest resort info:

View attachment 49376
Not very easy to read, but I was able to zoom in and make out some of what it says. It doesn't look like there is an update on the hotel access situation?

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
Not very easy to read, but I was able to zoom in and make out some of what it says. It doesn't look like there is an update on the hotel access situation?
Likely not, since this is the resort info from WDW, not from WMH where the hotel access issue exists.

Kildahl

TUG Member
Reaction score
We spent 2 weeks at WDW in mid January followed immediately by 2 weeks at Mission Hills. Our experiences at Mission Hills were superior in most respects. WDW was significantly understaffed. To begin our vacation, we waited in line( out the lobby door) for a 4 o'clock check and ended up leaving after 20 minutes, returning several hour later to receive keys.
Joining us on this trip was a couple that owned at Desert Willow. They came over to WMH on a Explorer package and were very happy with the resort.
When they attended their obligatory WMH sales meeting at WDW (all WMH owner/sales meetings take place at WDW) they told the sales rep they wanted to trade their unit at WDW for a unit at WMH!. Of course, everything is possible in sale sessions and were told they could swap resorts as long as they paid 28k for the transaction.:rolleyes:

KACTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
When they attended their obligatory WMH sales meeting at WDW (all WMH owner/sales meetings take place at WDW) they told the sales rep they wanted to trade their unit at WDW for a unit at WMH!. Of course, everything is possible in sale sessions and were told they could swap resorts as long as they paid 28k for the transaction.:rolleyes:
Isn‘t it an easy 8 month Reservation? And lower Maintenance fees for WDW?

Kildahl

TUG Member
Reaction score
If accurate, I doubt that the sales agent was going to talk them out of a sales event.
The balance of their meeting time was spent on the new world order (they didn't mention MARSHA:)) suggesting that our friends should get on board now before circumstances change
They didn't "buy".
We declined to use our owner update.

Kildahl

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were at WMH the first two weeks of February. The path is still blocked but you can walk around it with without bushwacking. We walked over to the hotel grounds. enjoyed the landscaping and found the Market and restaurants and bars open. When asked by the hostess at the Pinzimini if we would like dinner reservations I declined, but added that we hoped to return once a new agreement had been arrived at by the hotel and WMH.
The one hotel amenity that was not open was the swimming pool. It is a major renovation and looked near completion.

Last edited:

grgs

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, WLR, So Cal Beach Club
Hope your stay was a good one, Glorian. Did you notice any construction on the new surfing development, adjacent to the property?
We did enjoy our stay. Mainly just sat at the pool. I didn't notice anything specific to the surfing thing (https://www.dsrtsurf.com/). There are portions of land with fencing around WDW, but thought maybe that was for a new phase going in?

Kildahl

TUG Member
Reaction score
The surfing development runs along Portola from the edge of the WDW property toward the golf course clubhouse.
If you are referring to the fencing near Building 9, I think you are correct.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Our preferences in order…
Large 1Bd WMH, large 1Bd WDW, small 1Bd WDW, and small 1Bd WMH

As a resort, we like WMH better than WDW, but hate the Queen mattress in small 1Bd WMH.

Don’t care about the lack of access to WMH hotel.