• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin Mission Hills - Not Happy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
I guess being bald and ugly does have it's advantages then? :)

We stayed at the WDW last Easter using up some spare SO and for a 'non-beach' resort we really enjoyed our short stay. Might do the same again later this year.

Last edited:

KACTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
For what it is worth, I called the front desk and asked about hair dryers and she said all of the villas have them. Maybe the previous guest accidentally packed it. She did say that the coffee pot is a "single use type, like a Keurig" when I asked about the size of the coffee maker.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
For what it is worth, I called the front desk and asked about hair dryers and she said all of the villas have them. Maybe the previous guest accidentally packed it. She did say that the coffee pot is a "single use type, like a Keurig" when I asked about the size of the coffee maker.
Coffee maker is NOT single use -- it's a 4 cup mini Mr. Coffee.

KACTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you on the side with the kitchette or the full kitchen? I'm sorry you are disappointed, but appreciate your post - it has made a difference for me and my future planning. Thank you

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Full kitchen -- that was part of my gripe. When you have a full kitchen with a dining table for 6 people , I don't think a mini-coffee maker cuts it. I know I sound like a diva but it just didn't meet my expectations.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I'm going to add one more thing -- I see this is a cat 6 property. That's laughable. I shouldn't have to "call & ask" for a hair dryer at a cat 6.

Category 6 refers to the average revenue for a property and is used to determine the number of Bonvoy Points required for an award. It does not have a correlation to the quality of a property. That's why one is able to see a Category 4 property at a 5-Star resort in some non-U.S. locations.

oneohana

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were there last month in the small bedroom. It had a regular sized pot. Maybe call housekeeping to see if they have a regular sized pot. The front desk doesn't know what they have.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Category 6 refers to the average revenue for a property and is used to determine the number of Bonvoy Points required for an award. It does not have a correlation to the quality of a property. That's why one is able to see a Category 4 property at a 5-Star resort in some non-U.S. locations.
I know that a category refers to the number of Bonvoy points required. However points=cost of stay. It's common sense that the nightly rate of a room acts as a surrogate for the level of property/ quality you are staying at. That's why a Ritz requires more points than a 4 Points.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Were they able to supply a hair dryer? (ETA: Never mind; didn't see page 2) I agree that it's a nuisance not to have one. You probably didn't realize it til after your shower, and instead of being able to get ready, you have to get dressed, then wait for housekeeping to show up...which may mean 5 minutes or it may mean an hour, plus a gratuity.

End of the world? No. But Westins are supposed to be high-end and MFs are sky-high at WMH. One DOES expect more of an effort at a Westin or Four Seasons.

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think WMH is a AAA 4 diamond rated resort while WDW is a 3 diamond. At least is was a few years ago. I think WMH has more amenities since it’s also part of a hotel while WDW is purely all timeshare units

Kildahl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope to do a report at the end of our stay at WMH.

Anne&Jim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kaanapali Villas North OF (annual)
Westin Kaanapali Villas North (annual)
Westin Kaanapali Villas North (bi-annual)
Westin Mission Hills (annual)
Cliff Club at Snowbird (annual)
The Ridge at Tahoe (annual)
We just finished back-to-back stays at WMH (Christmas week) and DSV II (New Years week) and we did a thorough comparison of the two resorts. We LOVE the personal BBQ on the balcony at WMH and we do our turkey on it every year — just wouldn’t be the same for us without that. Oh, and we had hairdryers in both bathrooms, as normal. When we checked in to DSV II for the first time this stay, we were amazed at the thoughtful kitchen amenities — we had never realized how little help our WMH kitchen gave us until we saw what we got at DSV II. Even though I’m the only coffee drinker, I, too, would appreciate a bigger pot OR single serve pods rather than the small pot they provide now at WMH. We also thought the layout and decoration were superior at DSV II with a separate sink and tub in the master bedroom from the sink and shower. If you have kids on the foldout couch, you appreciate their ability to use the bathroom without waking you up or keeping you from using a sink.

We have stayed at WDW as well, and enjoyed it, but we preferred WMH due to golf and hotel amenities. It doesn’t look as modern (we like the look of WDW better) but the BBQ is the big draw for us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
A few years back I was in California helping my dd and sil move into a house they are renting. I was staying in a motel near by. The photos of the motel showed a wall mounted hair dryer. I checked in and the next morning took a shower and washed my hair. Then discovered, no hair dryer! I went to the office and reported that to the manager (or maybe he was the owner). Anyway he seemed to doubt my report and came back to the room with me. It looked like there had been a wall mounted unit, but it had been removed (maybe by a guest who wanted it?). Anyway he found me a small travel hair dryer and I used that until my dd located her hair dryer, which she didn't need, and I used that. So now I'm very careful and if it isn't stated that a hair dryer is provided I'll call ahead of time and ask if they provide one.

Enjoy your stay in the nice weather. We had a dump of another 6 inches of snow a couple of days ago. Even with an AWD and winter tires I got a bit stuck in our driveway today.
Every time my sister stays at my house she asks if I have a hair dryer, yes
I still do! ( just popped into my head reading this thread)

remowidget

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar X3
If there is anything wrong with your unit you should call and tell them. Dont think of it as complaining. They can easily fix lighting. We have had a bed and microwave replaced. If they don't know the problem they can't fix it. We are at Lagunamar and a week or so ago my wife noticed a very brown coconut mixed with all of the green ones about the area where we generally sit. All of the the palm trees had coconuts. She pointed it out to the pool concierge and they had a crew here the next day removing all of the coconuts from this side of the pool. You're an owner, treat it like your home and get things fixed. You dont have to do the work, but are paying for the workers that are already there.

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
If there is anything wrong with your unit you should call and tell them. Dont think of it as complaining. They can easily fix lighting. We have had a bed and microwave replaced. If they don't know the problem they can't fix it. We are at Lagunamar and a week or so ago my wife noticed a very brown coconut mixed with all of the green ones about the area where we generally sit. All of the the palm trees had coconuts. She pointed it out to the pool concierge and they had a crew here the next day removing all of the coconuts from this side of the pool. You're an owner, treat it like your home and get things fixed. You dont have to do the work, but are paying for the workers that are already there.
Your wife pointed out (“complained”?) about a brown coconut in a tree? Lovely

remowidget

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar X3
Your wife pointed out (“complained”?) about a brown coconut in a tree? Lovely

We don't want one falling on our head. Maybe you wear safety helmets at the pool, but we dont. Lol

If a coconut weighing 2 kg falls 25 meters onto a person’s head, the impact velocity is 80 km/hr. The decelerating force on the head will vary depending on whether a direct or glancing blow is received. The distance in which the coconut is decelerated is also an important factor. Thus an infant’s head lying on the ground would receive a much greater force than that received by the head of a standing adult, that dropped as it was struck. For a stopping distance of 5cm and a direct blow, the force would be 1,000 kg.

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
We don't want one falling on our head. Maybe you wear safety helmets at the pool, but we dont. Lol

If a coconut weighing 2 kg falls 25 meters onto a person’s head, the impact velocity is 80 km/hr. The decelerating force on the head will vary depending on whether a direct or glancing blow is received. The distance in which the coconut is decelerated is also an important factor. Thus an infant’s head lying on the ground would receive a much greater force than that received by the head of a standing adult, that dropped as it was struck. For a stopping distance of 5cm and a direct blow, the force would be 1,000 kg.
Good point. Didn’t think of it that way. Thought it was for aesthetics

critterchick

TUG Member
Reaction score
We owned at WMH for 10 years and went once, almost always traded for WKOR. We stayed over NYE for DH's birthday and loved it. Our villa was right on the golf course and everything seemed quite new and nice (this was in 2014 or so) with good lighting and great service. A couple of years later, DH had a conference in the desert so I went along as the trailing spouse. We couldn't get into WMH so stayed at WDW. I hated it. Although the promo photos show a gorgeous golf course, the view when parking the car is of an oversized motel. We had a view of nothing. Our first villa (1BR) had a leak in the ceiling and the water pooled in the shower light fixture. So at midnight we changed units to one that was dark and dreary, even after the sun rose. And it smelled dank.

It's said that you never get a second chance to make a first impression. My first impression of WDW lasts to this day, and I hope never to return. I'd go back to WMH in a heartbeat.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
One note that I don't recall others having mentioned. Although we prefer WDW over WMH, I have to admit that WDW has a lot of pavement, hardscape, and concrete (and only part of that is due to having much better parking). Others have told me they felt WDW to be very institutional in appearance with its hardscape and four-story apartment-like buildings. Although I still like WDW, I can see their point in their own personal preference.