• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin Mission Hills Advice Needed

mingdrille

Reaction score
My husbad and I are staying at the Westin Mission Hills timeshare March 29 - April 7 this year.

Can anyone tell me what the weather is that time of year. Any advice on which unit to request.

Pros and cons of this property??

Thanks. :)

Pedro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Love the Westin Mission Hills!

mingdrille said:
My husbad and I are staying at the Westin Mission Hills timeshare March 29 - April 7 this year.

Can anyone tell me what the weather is that time of year. Any advice on which unit to request.

Pros and cons of this property??

Thanks. :)

The Westin Mission Hills is a great place to go. We'll be there on the week of April 15th. All the buildings are 2-stories and some of them face the golf course. I like 2nd floor, golf course view, close to the clubhouse.

The property is very big and great for walking or running if you like to exercise. It takes about 12~15 minutes to walk from one end to the other. The weather should be nice at the time of year you are going, although somewhat chilly at night. Every unit has a fire place so you can easily keep warm if needed.

I like the fact that every unit has its own BBQ grill. You can get all your groceries at the Pavillion which is just a mile away. I hope you enjoy your stay there.

mingdrille

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. My husband is a golfer so near the clubhouse would be great for him.

Enjoy your week in April.

damorgan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the clubhouse that Pedro refers to is the one for the villas/owners which is at the new end of the resort, rather than a golf clubhouse which is by the hotel. Either way, there's a shuttle although you're not that far away anyway (bear in mind us Brits like to walk a lot!).

We own at WMH and really like the place. Mrs D highly recommends the Spa and I'd recommend the golf. Give the Gary Player course a go too (a few minutes drive away).

We definitely prefer the 2nd-floor properties and, as Pedro suggests, ask for golf course view. The pools are good although we've never stayed during March/April before. Usually we visit in late May/early June when it's a) hotter and b) quieter.

The only point against WMH, for us, is the dining. It skips from bar snacks straight up to what we view as v.expensive. The quality is good but we now prefer to take a drive, either into Palm Springs or the closer option around The River and El Paseo. The concierge at WMH is usually good at providing recommendations.

Have a great trip, we've got to wait another five months yet!